Newcastle United 0 - 1 West Ham United - 11/11/12 - post match reaction from p33

Optimistic Nut

Guest bimpy474

Diame was the difference and someone we lack, brings the ball from the centre of midfield.

Pardew he does that because there are 3 in there you fanny.

PATHETIC

We were absolutely pitiful, yet again. I don't even have the heart to rant anymore because it's pointless - Pardew won't change anything, he'll persist with this sadistic obsession with 4-4-fucking-2 hoofball. This was not good.

Krul, Santon, Ba and Ben Arfa played well but the rest can go to hell with 'performances' like that, especially Williamson and Obertan.

Cabaye in a two is taking his game away. We can see it, i'm sure Cabaye knows it, i'm sure his teammates can see it.

Pardew can't. Poor management to be honest.

We use this excuse to,protect our favourites so often. A top player will show his class whether he's in a 2 or a 3 I'm the middle. Cabaye has been cack most of the season. He's a French international and to repeatedly excuse his lame performances on others doesn't hold much water as far as I'm concerned.

Manager needs to completely re-evaluate his strategy.

Genuine question: Has a manager ever changed his philosophy on how they get thieir team to play football

Of course, Pardew himself did it last season around March. Why he's reverted back to the shite that saw us draw at home to the Mackems and Norwich in February, i just don't know. It's cowardly, negative and completely needless with the quality we have in the side.

He's shit scared of using Ba out wide again.

It's November and the manager still has no idea how to best setup the team to play anything resembling decent football.

At best Pardew is a good man manager, but is looking increasingly hopeless tactically. He talks about passing and playing football, but its clear he has no idea of how to implement or train the players to play this type of football.

Criminal waste of the players we currently have at our disposal.

Positives?

Tiote back and Jonas' injury may force a 3 of Tiote - Anita - Cabaye

Santon seems to appear at RB more frequently so we may see Simpson replaced by Ferguson at full back

No get out of jail card may prompt a change in thinking.

Or maybe we'll just see Tiote and Cabaye flanked by Ben Arfa and Ferguson with 2 big men up front for the foreseeable

That's been coming. Manager needs to completely re-evaluate his strategy because he let us down today. Helped by a few abysmal performances from his big players. Cisse and Cabaye were particularly shameful.

That'll be the most sensible summary we'll get all night.

Pardew is ultimately culpable as he's the manager but I'm sick of our so called top class players turning in s**** performances. Cisse in particular can f*** off to the bench for a few games.

I think Cisse has got a confidence problem. Dont think it's laziness or him being shit. There's just sonething not right with him...

Booooooooooooo :(

From the crowd in SJP ?

Yep. Muted one.

Very muted.

Sounded fairly noisy but very short lived on Radio Newcastle.  Presumably it was Mike Ashley, sat behind the press boxes.

Its a fucking shambles and watching us play this year is really taking away one of my favourite parts of my week. Last year it was exciting and pleasurable to watch us. This season it is a disgrace. I could list 17 other managers in the premiership, that would play delightful football with our players at their disposal. Sick of Pardew. If this doesnt pick up in the next 5 games, Im leading a pardew out campaign.

PATHETIC

We were absolutely pitiful, yet again. I don't even have the heart to rant anymore because it's pointless - Pardew won't change anything, he'll persist with this sadistic obsession with 4-4-fucking-2 hoofball. This was not good.

Krul, Santon, Ba and Ben Arfa played well but the rest can go to hell with 'performances' like that, especially Williamson and Obertan.

Obertan had what, 15 minutes?

Only watched the 2nd half but that was one the worst performances I've seen from us in a while. Why play hoofball against West Ham, when even before a ball is kicked it's quite obvious we're going to be beaten in the air every time?

Pardew isn't doing his job correctly, neither is the Chairman who didn't push on in the Summer to give us more depth, and most importantly the players aren't performing. Basic errors every week which lead to goals given away or not being able to keep 11 on the pitch.

The manager needs to start earning his corn, he's had the plaudits when things were going well, he's going to get criticism when things don't. Why the board gave him an 8 year contract God only knows

The get out of jail card we got against WBA won't happen every week. I'd say 'hopefully Pardew will realise now that he needs to do summat different' but there's absolutely no point in making a statement like that, cos he won't.

Utter s****, and if it continues this way Pardew won't last another 8 months, let alone years.

We could lose the next 10 games and he won't get sacked. The compensation would be too much.

There will be a clause in his contract to avoid that. irrelevant though, he wont be sacked because it would make Ashley and Llambias look like complete tools

PATHETIC

We were absolutely pitiful, yet again. I don't even have the heart to rant anymore because it's pointless - Pardew won't change anything, he'll persist with this sadistic obsession with 4-4-f***ing-2 hoofball. This was not good.

What? :lol:

We rode our luck last year and had players in a purple patch.  Get used to this, gonna be a long season with Pardew talking the talk but in no way walking the walk.

Couple more performances like this and he will totally lose the fans, zero excuses in my opinion. Pathetic.

Manager needs to completely re-evaluate his strategy.

Genuine question: Has a manager ever changed his philosophy on how they get thieir team to play football

Of course, Pardew himself did it last season around March. Why he's reverted back to the shite that saw us draw at home to the Mackems and Norwich in February, i just don't know. It's cowardly, negative and completely needless with the quality we have in the side.

He's shit scared of using Ba out wide again.

But he won't have to do that now. Cisse needs to be dropped.

Have to say that was one of most negative performances from us in a long time. I would have to say Pardew must take the blame for most of this, with these piss poor tactics he's employing.Very few of our players deserved any credit.

Krul - 6. One good save, a dozen shite kicks.

Simpson - 6. Was alright at the back and a complete non-entity going forward.

Williamson - 4. Really, really poor. Shit in the air and his composure at the back is worrying.

Taylor - 6. Didn't really do anything of note really.

Santon - 7. Thought he was good in the first half and his dribbling was promising. Final ball is wank, though.

Ben Arfa - 6. I thought he was positive and made some decent strides forward. Final ball was rubbish.

Cabaye - 4. Abysmal.

Anita - 6. Did alright, bit of a non-entity in their half.

Ferguson - 4. Couldn't impose himself and made a lot of errors.

Ba - 7. Our best player.

Cisse - 4. Abysmal.

(Shola - 4. No better.)