Pardew Out?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is that not implying they want him sacked at the end of the season?

If it's 'wait and see how he does' it's a no, basically. And even still, 40%? Crazy.

Ah right, took it as 'let him have the reat of the season to see how we do' type of thing.

But yeah, I agree, even at 40% is mental. That might change after the Wigan game mind.

Give him a time guys. I know he was at fault to go along with DL and MA idea of not to strengthen but he deserve time to learn his mistake.

He's already learned them, he doesn't need time for that.

I barely know anyone outside this forum who wants him sacked.

Last years manager of the year loses four games and we've started calling for his head? Embarrasing IMO.

The critisisms are fine and of course I have my doubts but to call for his head is absolute lunacy.

Last years manager of the year loses four games and we've started calling for his head? Embarrasing IMO.

The critisisms are fine and of course I have my doubts but to call for his head is absolute lunacy.

Exactly. You could argue that other fans don't know how bad we've been, but looking at the bigger picture its far too early to be thinking about sacking him.

Guest hydeous

Would be an interesting social experiment to keep track of this poll before every game and reset it after.

fwiw, I voted to give him till the end of the season (to turn it around). If there are no signs of improvements, I'd like to see someone else in. If there are and Pards manages to get this team playing consistently good football (unlike last season where we were dire at times but picked up points) then he has something to work towards next season. It's okay if we don't pick up enough points to get to the dizzy heights of top 5, but we've got to see progress in terms of the football we're playing.

Good signs in the last game, if we can keep this philosophy, get our best players back on the pitch, we're going to be climbing back into the top 8 by Jan.

Would be an interesting social experiment to keep track of this poll before every game and reset it after.

fwiw, I voted to give him till the end of the season (to turn it around). If there are no signs of improvements, I'd like to see someone else in. If there are and Pards manages to get this team playing consistently good football (unlike last season where we were dire at times but picked up points) then he has something to work towards next season. It's okay if we don't pick up enough points to get to the dizzy heights of top 5, but we've got to see progress in terms of the football we're playing.

Good signs in the last game, if we can keep this philosophy, get our best players back on the pitch, we're going to be climbing back into the top 8 by Jan.

"If there's no signs of improvement"...We'll be relegated. :lol:

I don´t like Pardews view at football and that´s why I wan´t him to go no matter what. He has been here 2 years and we are still not playing any better than when he came, we just have different types of players.

Ashley is a idiot when it comes to football and dosen´t care about the clubs results. That, and that it´s hard to get a good manager now, means that I´m willing to give him more time to save us from the relegation.

But if we still are in real danger come a few more months from now, he just have to go. But as I said earlier, no matter what, I would sack him at the end of the season with the argument "thanks Pardew, but we feel that you have taken us so far you can..."

Guest bimpy474

Its the style of football. We have a long injury list, Wigan have one just as long, you could say they are missing more important players for their team than we are ours. Now take a look at the way each team play, Pardew claims we cant play a certain way because of the injuries, yet Martinez gets his team to continue to play good football. Pardew is talking bollocks, it his style of football.

For all Pardew's talk he is a long ball merchant, a style i hate and is so shit to watch. But for Pardew to look at the players we have and think that long ball is what suits them shows me he is mental in the head. As many have pointed out when we switched to 4-3-3, we did play quite good football, West Brom away being the best example.

Now for reason only known to Pardew we are playing in a way that is septic. Its Hippo Heads football, percentage crap. Ok he was manager of the year, fine but just look at what you are watching. Look at the results. Look at the all round picture. But most of all look and what he is saying, he says the complete opposite to what he does so often its ridiculous. That is the worry above all others, he seem to believe the opposite of what he tells us, he doesn't look like he knows what to do. That comes from being an average manager.

We are all (quite rightly) ready to believe how average Martin O'Nil is. We have been shown by Brummie just how predictible O'Nil is, just how the football goes under him, just how he buys crap players for too much money. A pattern emerges just as Brummie showed us.

Yet the same pattern (start off well then fall away, poor play etc) with Pardew is ignored, why should we ignore that, what just because he's our manager ?.

And i couldn't give a flying fucktard to what other fans think, and never have. He isn't good enough and the football we are seeing proves it.

I know quite a few who don't want him sacked but they are losing faith in him as they see what everybody else can see and more are turning against him.  I don't know anybody who doesn't think he should take the largest share of the blame for our season so far.  I don't know anybody who thinks we should be playing hoofball and I don't know anybody who thinks that playing 2 in the middle is the way that suits our players.

I don't want him sacked yet even if I do have a go at him, that could change on Monday if we lose the game because losing that changes our season from a season of struggle to a season where we might get relegated.  Fail to win on Monday and we could easily be bottom 3 by Christmas and QPR have taken steps to stay up so they have given themselves a chance.  If we’re bottom by Christmas we can virtually kiss goodbye to our league status as I think only one team have stayed up from that position.

We rightly binned Allardyce when he was taking us on a run of games like the one we’re facing in the coming weeks and I’m convinced that we stayed up that season because of that decision.  I’m not sure that we’ll have the balls to bin Pardew and we might suffer for the indecision of Llambias and/or Ashley.

Is keeping Pardew more important than staying up?  At what point does his job become untenable when you look at the games coming up?

Make no mistake about it, we are now in a relegation battle and we’ve got a series of games coming up that could kill us.

Too many people are still in denial about the danger we're in.

Exactly. You could argue that other fans don't know how bad we've been, but looking at the bigger picture its far too early to be thinking about sacking him.

The bigger picture is that the team that finished 5th last season are in a relegation battle at this time, how much of a bigger picture do you want?  Do you think we should wait until we're bottom 3 before thinking about sacking him?  Should we wait and see if we're rock bottom by Christmas before thinking about sacking him?  What about waiting to see if we do get relegated before thinking about it?

Take a look at the fixtures we’re facing between now and 19 January when we play Reading at home.  We’ve got two easy or relatively easy games at home.  The first being on Monday, the second is just before Christmas against a QPR team who have been lifted by Redknapp if the game against the mackems is anything to go by.  QPR look as if they are up for the fight now so I’m not going to write them off, I would have done recently because they looked dead and buried.

Im afraid that nothing will actually change very much at all, tactics, style of football or incoming transfers and so on until we're SERIOUSLY in the shit and then it's probably too late.

What if we'd done something before, maybe we should have, what if blah blah blah...

I don't think there's any chance of going top 8 by January.  Yes, we've lost 4 games in a row but look who we were playing.  Those are games we should have been picking up points in.  Our fixtures in December are horrendous, realistically I can see us getting 5 points from December, maybe 7 if we beat Wigan.  If no teams above us collect a single point in December that would put us in 7th by 1 point.

He deserves at least this season to turn it around. Firing your manager at the first sign of trouble is stupid. Saying that, I really hope he manages to get us playing again. We really are terrible to watch.

Even if we go down with Pardew as the captain of the ship?  :lol:

Where did everton finish that year under moyes? The one where they kept faith with him despite being in trouble? They did that as they thought he was the right man. Ashley  thinks pards is the right man.  that's the bigger picture.

Where did everton finish that year under moyes? The one where they kept faith with him despite being in trouble? They did that as they thought he was the right man. Ashley  thinks pards is the right man.  that's the bigger picture.

17th but he had nowhere near as good as a team as we have at that time.

Guest bimpy474

17th but he had nowhere near as good as a team as we have at that time.

And didn't blast the ball upfield like a team of cannons.

I recall Glenn Roeder having the habit of having a good season, and following it with relegation at a few clubs.

Maybe Pardew is similar ?

I know a huge amount of damage has been done to faith in him with this atrocious run (we stand in the exact same position as we did the year we went down (2009). Worrying.

Worse in  that I doubt this lot would stay to repair the damage like most did last time.

He deserves at least this season to turn it around. Firing your manager at the first sign of trouble is stupid. Saying that, I really hope he manages to get us playing again. We really are terrible to watch.

You're burying your head in the sand, nothing is more important than stopping up and we're beyond the stage where playing again is a major consideration.  Worrying about not going down is where we're at.