Pardew Out?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What Pardew wants us believe when he knocks on Mikes door.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/416332_o.gif

What actually happens.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/112012/1353957600_door_knock_dog_trolling.gif

The most idiotic way to enter a room filled with gun men. :lol:

Umericans man  :lol:

My worry is that Ashley will think firing Pardew will be the cheaper way out of the crisis than bringing in 4 or 5 of players (that we need), and it won't work. How likely is ashley to be willing to pay the january premium for good enough players when he wouldn't fork out a few more million for players over the summer, it's just not going to happen.

Whatever credit Pardew gained with me he threw it all away with that "be thankful to Mike" stuff after the transfer window. That reminded me he was one of them and he always would be.

Pointless to think of it in those terms. He has to work with Ashley, and he can't hammer him publicly.

He can choose to say nothing like Hughton did but his ego won't allow it. He's currently making rather obvious digs at Ashley now he's under pressure btw.

“We are a club in this division with a very high wage bill, and that is something of which we have all been aware… You have an owner who is still having to put money into the club, and that is reassuring.”

Just saying, like.

Whatever credit Pardew gained with me he threw it all away with that "be thankful to Mike" stuff after the transfer window. That reminded me he was one of them and he always would be.

Pointless to think of it in those terms. He has to work with Ashley, and he can't hammer him publicly.

He can choose to say nothing like Hughton did but his ego won't allow it. He's currently making rather obvious digs at Ashley now he's under pressure btw.

“We are a club in this division with a very high wage bill, and that is something of which we have all been aware… You have an owner who is still having to put money into the club, and that is reassuring.”

Just saying, like.

From what I can tell, that's from just after we'd signed Simpson, Best, Routledge, Williamson, Hall and Van Aanholt. We were all grateful for those signings (at the time :anguish: ) weren't we?

Just saying, like.

From what I can tell, that's from just after we'd signed Simpson, Best, Routledge, Williamson, Hall and Van Aanholt. We were all grateful for those signings (at the time :anguish: ) weren't we?

Oh the halcyon days of 4 recognised centre backs how I miss you so.

Routledge is flourishing elswhere however. ;)

Aye, Pardew shamefully booted him out as quick as he could.

Shamefully?  Love a bit of melodrama this early in the day.

I know, as if Routledge was ever considered the answer to anything.

I would have him back now mind!

"I mean, was Wayne gonna be a long term first team player for us? and I don’t think he was.”

"we have to get better than Wayne and that’s what we’re gonna aim to do.”

Pardew had only been here 6 weeks at this point so was it necessary to be so harsh publicly about a decent player who seemed a nice lad? And has he ever been as scathing publicly about any other of our players for no reason?

Played 9, scored 4 and made 3 this season btw  :iamatwat:

I always thought Routledge wasn't really a big club player, and that might still be the case. I do remember Wullie mentioning he had a good cross on him and scored the odd goal which were both true. Maybe he just needed someone who believed in him? In Obertan, his replacement, we've got someone who can't cross, shoot and has a heart even smaller than Routledge so I'm not sure there's been a good call on that one.

I know, as if Routledge was ever considered the answer to anything.

I would have him back now mind!

Routledge was written off far too early by some, the most important to write him off was Pardew who didn't give him a chance.  I’m pleased for Routledge that he seems to have settled into a club and is doing well.  It’s just a pity that we didn’t have him as an option as we’ll have brought in next to nothing for him and his replacement has been shit most of the time he’s been on the pitch.

"I mean, was Wayne gonna be a long term first team player for us? and I don’t think he was.”

"we have to get better than Wayne and that’s what we’re gonna aim to do.”

Pardew had only been here 6 weeks at this point so was it necessary to be so harsh publicly about a decent player who seemed a nice lad? And has he ever been as scathing publicly about any other of our players for no reason?

Played 9, scored 4 and made 3 this season btw  :iamatwat:

Those comments from Pardew are all well and good, IF you go out and buy someone who is obviously much better.

But to bring in Obertan, who is at best on the same level but really hasn't even demonstrated that, is fucking idiotic.