Newcastle United 3 - 0 Wigan - 03/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 41

Dave

If it's a penalty it's a red card, can't really have one without the other in that situation. I don't think it was a foul in the slightest.

Seems like people are taking comments like this as though I'm not glad for it though - totally wrong. :lol:

Never a pen in a million years. Shocking decision.

Really?

To me it's clear as day as a pen and a red. Cisse's through on goal and the CB shoves him out of the way, if that's not a penalty and "denying a goalscoring opportunity" what is? I'd be p*ssed if it went against us, but only because our CB was so f***ing stupid to make a challenge like that.

:idiot2:

Atmosphere god awful again.

could give a toss about them plums in the stadium, shouting shoot all the time, clueless.

f***ing hell. Can't stand posts like this.

I agree, in the end they're the ones paying the money to watch this so they're entitled to shout wtf they want, even though it is annoying as hell as Tiote really listens to the fans :lol:

they are entitled to shout what they like,im just saying what kind of atmosphere can you expect from fans with the mentality of "shoot shoot shoot" when they see a defensive midfielder cross the halfway line.

Been going on for years man, f***ing hell.

hence the atmosphere been s*** for years.

Really?

If it's a penalty it's a red card, can't really have one without the other in that situation. I don't think it was a foul in the slightest.

Seems like people are taking comments like this as though I'm not glad for it though - totally wrong. :lol:

Fair enough viewpoint. I think it was marginal, but it was a penalty. If it was shoulder to shoulder, no foul for me. By partially putting himself between the ball and the defender, I reckon it was a foul, therefore a pen and red. Very fine margins though.

All views are understandable other than that it was a clear cut decision one way or another :lol:

will finish 2-0.

No injuries and comfortable second half I'd snap your hands off with that.

Be a massive missed opportunity IMO. We're shockingly low on confidence, need to hammer home this advantage. We're probably not going to get an easier chance for the rest of the season.

Well that went about as well as could be possibly hoped. Nobody will convince me the penalty/red card was the right decision; I'd be f***ing livid if that happened to us. But we need a few lucky breaks like that in our position, and from then on we put together a few nice attacking moves in the space created.

As posted before, I hope we don't come out looking to preserve energy now. These are there for the taking and we can get some goals if we really want to.

Watch the replay, The wigan defender is idiotic, he clearly pushes Cisse off the ball it's in the penalty area Cisse would have had a clear chance of a goal. It was as easy a decision as I think you will see. That happens outside the box it's a foul every time.

It's not that easy a decision as we had a very similar one on Pienaar last week which wasn't given. Bundled over in the box and didn't get the ball, very similar. Zero consistency.

I agree with you on consistency. I haven't seen the Pienaar incident but if it was anything like that it was a penalty. You see the guy's arm clearly move in a pushing motion towards Cisse, pushing him off the ball, if he doesn't do that and just use his shoulder to ease Cisse off, which he could easily have done, it's a good defensive play.

Seeing some of the pens given nowadays, like Torres's against us early on this season, then this one was a bloody easy one to give.

Exactly the response I was hoping for. V important result and performance if we keep it up.

Think it was a pen. You canni do that but seems harsh to send him off - though as far as I know, rules say he should.

Yes, by the rules, it was a red.

I'd like the rules to change though. For any foul in a goalscoring position, no matter where the offence, I'd give a pen and a yellow, rather than a red.