Newcastle United 3 - 0 Wigan - 03/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 41

Dave

Not convinced at all, although some players played quite well tonight. Anita and Marveaux can pass the ball. Other players obviously can't.

Feel kind of flat after a 3-0 win, which is very unusual. We definitely played better than recent games, but we got very lucky with the sending off and pen.

Great result, rubbish second half performance, brilliant goal by Bigi, injuries to two key players, but the biggest thing from that match for me is that I am now certain that Papiss Cisse is a fucking simpleton! Seems like a nice guy, is sensational when he's in form, but fuck me the bloke's got to be one of the thickest players ever to play for us. I didn't even realise Bigi had scored because I was too busy yelling at Cisse for being offside and as for the one just before Ba got injured was just ridiculous, real schoolboy stuff. I've got a sore throat from shouting at him to get onside, I really don't think he understands the concept of being offside, he's probably dumbfounded that he keeps getting freekicks given against him. How many times do you think he's been done for offside this season, got to be close to 100 or more even.

Guest bimpy474

Only downside (injuries apart if there long ones) was Jonas, he was awful. Really out of form.

He's not out of form, he's just a average player. Alan smith but with some and can dribble.

Provides Colo with a pal though.

Aye, talk of him being done is definitely ringing true at the moment.

Guest bimpy474

Only downside (injuries apart if there long ones) was Jonas, he was awful. Really out of form.

He was getting mad respect on 5 Live.

Really ? do these people actually watch the game.

Krul 7 - Not much to do, some dodgy distribution but commanded his area well when called upon.

Santon 8 - Dat player. Electric before he came off. Coming along lovely. Often overlooked in terms of our "bargain buys" - think he may turn out to be one of our best investments (not just financially either).

Colo 6.5 - Not up to his usual impeccable standard.

Willo 6.5 - Reasonable enough.

Simpson 7.5 - Really good IMO! Some smart defending. Haha. Can't believe I just wrote that. Will have to flay myself later.

Marv 8 - Dat Marv. Great to see him get a chance. Hopefully he can stay injury-free, man. Always showed flashes of promise and I'm sure with a bit of a run in the side we'll only see more. Talented guy.

Tiote 7 - Good. People upset about his shooting, but 2/3 were good IMO.

Anita 7 - Solid. Some good movement. Slowly adapting to the pace of the Premiership - allowing him to show what he can do well - he's not quite there yet, but good progress.

Jonas 6.5 - Better. People are down on him right now, so I don't expect I'll have much agreement on this one. He's been abysmal this season, but at least defensively - Stoke and today he seems on the right road back to being useful. Still a way to go before he would make my starting XI though. See how it goes.

Ba 8 - Really good. Better in the spells of the game linking midfield and attack, rather than level with Cisse.

Cisse 6 - *sigh* Learn offside. Only shoot when you have a 50%+ chance of scoring. Otherwise help engineer a better chance for the team. Too selfish, doesn't release the ball quick enough. Disappointed atm.

Subs

Bigi - Chuffed for the lad. Incredible start to his career here stalled a little bit and the reality that he is only 18 set back in - but man, what a future this kid has. Such composure for such a young chap. Class hair too.

Fergie - Did great. Really pleased for him after he has been scapegoated unfairly lately.

Sameobi - not much time to do much, but did okay.

Pardew - Good line-up and subs. Team still not convincing enough, but a step in the right direction - albeit against 10 men. Something to build on for him, hopefully.

Guest bimpy474

He certainly wouldn't make my first 11 if everyone was fit.

Mine as well, only thing is Pardew sees him differently to everyone else. Will always start for Pardew imo :(

Cisse was sprinting at almost full pelt man.

I don't think he was. And if he was he certainly wouldn't have continued to

He really did though, as soon as Ba picked the ball up Cisse went all Forest Gump and didn't look close to slowing/angling his run. Plus it's a lot easier for Cisse to look across the line than Ba to judge where he is offside in that position. Thought Cisse played well actually but he was completely at fault there.

Kudos due to Pardew for that first half performance, but judging by the second half he reverted to type and its clearly his preferred game. He must feel uneasy whenever we play attacking football because, by nature, someone will be out of position.

Guest bimpy474

And what was up with the ref? Totally erratic officiating.

Actually quite liked him letting players know they were close to a yellow and talking to players in general, but you're right he was very erratic.