Newcastle United 3 - 0 Wigan - 03/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 41

Dave

We've won and that's all that matters. Don't blame Pardew for not "going for it" as he was probably trying to save injuries, which worked out a treat...

Good passing and movement though at times, much needed. Marveaux & Anita the star men for me.

I thought we were very good tonight, tbh - manager included. The game was won at half-time, we didn't need to go full pelt in the second half. We were more conservative but still created plenty of chances and passed the ball well. We picked up more injuries and have another away game in midweek; not going to criticise us for being more patient in the second half. We never looked like conceding imo so it's all gravy.

There's just no way i'm going to lay into the lads tonight. Don't give a fuck if the opposition had ten men, we absolutely dominated the match from start to finish and there was a marked improvement from the past few games. I'm happy, but the overriding emotion is relief because after Stoke i didn't know where a win was going to come from.

We won the midfield battle and had a semblance of an attacking gameplan, with fluidity, quick passing and movement. It was more like the us of last year and definitely the best performance of this season so far. Basically the way we played was the antithesis of what we've seen for most of the season so far.

Gerrin. Onwards.

Great first half, misfiring second as would be predicted, abysmal refereeing. Ba and Anita superb, Cisse very good, Ferguson needs to learn how to defend.

Absolutely massive 3 points, get the fuck in.

My only worry is players going off with seemingly innocuos injuries, poor conditioning?

So good! Loved the atmosphere. First half was really good, start of the second we seemed content to just sit back. After a bit we started going for their throat again a bit more and it was quality again. Encouraging signs.

Bigirimana was excellent, lots of running and a cracking goal. We were behind the goal, got an amazing view of it. :D Feel really sorry for Cisse, he was running everywhere working his socks off but it just never really fell for him. Ba in comparison was a bit lazier but things came off for him (not that Ba was lazy, just didn't seem to be killing himself as much as Papiss was). No doubt that the goals will flow for him again, even if he did cut a really frustrated figure by the end.

Shame Hatem wasn't playing, he would have had a field day. HBA-lite (Marveaux) looked awesome, skinning people time and again. Encouraging, will be a real asset if he can stay fit. Fergie was good too when he came on, embarrassed the fullback at the end. Williamson was shit, like embarrassingly shit at times. Just really basic mistakes.

Ref was awful. Booking Sammy after he'd been on for about 2 minutes, straight after a Wigan player got away with a worse foul on him? Mental.

All in all, loved it. Can't wait to go again. Shit, this was an awesome night.

Back from the match..........

Atmosphere was class (if a slightly smaller crowd than usual) and the crowd really got behind the team. Team got the crowd going too having started well but there was a really good vibe, like the players and fans were fairly in sync. Thankfully there weren't any of the boo brigade around me in the Gallowgate.

I would've taken 3 points anyway but that was positive and something to build on. Pardew deserves credit for changing things. Marveaux gives us another great option.

I thought we were very good tonight, tbh - manager included. The game was won at half-time, we didn't need to go full pelt in the second half. We were more conservative but still created plenty of chances and passed the ball well. We picked up more injuries and have another away game in midweek; not going to criticise us for being more patient in the second half. We never looked like conceding imo so it's all gravy.

There's just no way i'm going to lay into the lads tonight. Don't give a fuck if the opposition had ten men, we absolutely dominated the match from start to finish and there was a marked improvement from the past few games. I'm happy, but the overriding emotion is relief because after Stoke i didn't know where a win was going to come from.

We won the midfield battle and had a semblance of an attacking gameplan, with fluidity, quick passing and movement. It was more like the us of last year and definitely the best performance of this season so far. Basically the way we played was the antithesis of what we've seen for most of the season so far.

Gerrin. Onwards.

I just hope to Christ that isn't Pardew or Ashley's view of the game. We still have a lot of work to do and changes to make.

Penalties and debatable red cards aside, it was just nice to see run out comfortable winners and deserve the 3 points.

Should do us the world of good. Team celebrations after goals too :thup:

Gerrin. Onwards.

I just hope to Christ that isn't Pardew or Ashley's view of the game. We still have a lot of work to do and changes to make.

Undoubtedly, it wasn't the finished article. But we were comfortable and never in danger of coming away with anything less than three points. I've no idea what you can disprove in that original post?

Better formation? Yes.

Better passing? Yes.

Better mentality? Yes.

Won the midfield? Yes

General improvement? Yes.

Deserved the win? Yes.

They've been fucking shit recently but give the team and manager some credit, because we absolutely pissed that match and it's great to see. As far as "just get a win, please"-type games go, that was pretty fucking formidable.

Guest neesy111

Gerrin. Onwards.

Undoubtedly, it wasn't the finished article. But we were comfortable and never in danger of coming away with anything less than three points. I've no idea what you can disprove in that original post?

Better formation? Yes.

Better passing? Yes.

Better mentality? Yes.

Won the midfield? Yes

Deserved the win? Yes.

They've been fucking shit recently but give the team and manager some credit, because we absolutely pissed that match and it's great to see. As far as "just get a win, please"-type games go, that was pretty fucking formidable.

Got to do similar v Fulham.

Gerrin. Onwards.

Better formation? Yes.

Better passing? Yes.

Better mentality? Yes.

Won the midfield? Yes

Deserved the win? Yes.

Got to do similar v Fulham.

Without a doubt. Today's a great foundation for the rest of the month, but we need at least a point against Fulham cos the fixtures don't get any easier over Christmas.

The performance (from players and manager) is clearly in there, we need to see it with some consistency now. There's been an incremental improvement from the abysmally bad Southampton, to the unfortunate Stoke game, to the comfort of tonight... need to keep it up at Craven Cottage.

just me thinking their passing was far superior to ours, as was their movement and (echo from their game down the road) had they stayed at 11 men were more likely to win ?

Agreed.

Was alarming how little it looked like we had an extra man for long periods.

Guest neesy111

just me thinking their passing was far superior to ours, as was their movement and (echo from their game down the road) had they stayed at 11 men were more likely to win ?

:thup: