Bordeaux vs Newcastle United - 06/12/12 @ 6pm (live on ESPN)

Dave

think i remember now

one of them was a great take and finish from a cabaye pass?

or i'm just talking s**** :lol:

:okay:

Correct, both were good goals actually.

Both good goals and we looked well in it as well until Gosling got himself sent off.

think i remember now

Both good goals and we looked well in it as well until Gosling got himself sent off.

No we didn't. Any time they crossed the ball into Holt we were fucked.

I guess Jonas will start against Fulham with Marveaux on the bench...Annoying as f*** if this is the case, IF.

It's going to happen isn't it? :(

If that lineup that Dave posted is correct, I wouldn't mind seeing Ranger in a wider role.  He has a bit of pace about him and I can't see how that team would work as a 4-4-2?

I guess Jonas will start against Fulham with Marveaux on the bench...Annoying as f*** if this is the case, IF.

If that lineup that Dave posted is correct, I wouldn't mind seeing Ranger in a wider role.  He has a bit of pace about him and I can't see how that team would work as a 4-4-2?

Really?

Elliot

Tavernier - Perch - Willo - Fergie

Sammy - Anita - Bigi - Marveaux

Ranger - Shola

Guest Roger Kint

Their team according to French media: Olimpa,Chalmé,Sane, Planus, Marange, Ben Khalfallah Poko Sertic, Maurice-Belay ,Bellion,Diabaté

:undecided:

Its going to end up a battle to avoid top place  :lol:

Wasn't it Norwich away last season where our CBs were Simpson and Perch and we got beat up on?  What a depressing match that was.

Sure our back line could have been described as 4 right backs. :lol: Good goals from Demba though.

Hope our younguns do well tonight. :thup:

think i remember now

No we didn't. Any time they crossed the ball into Holt we were fucked.

Yes, but while we had 11 men we still looked dangerous in attack despite looking vulnerable at the back. All chances we had gone when Gosling got sent off.

It's possible Marv could still play on Monday - it's a few days off. Wishful thinking possibly.

The extra game tonight shouldn't hurt him since he's had very little football this year anyway. Here's hoping.

It's possible Marv could still play on Monday - it's a few days off. Wishful thinking possibly.

The extra game tonight shouldn't hurt him since he's had very little football this year anyway. Here's hoping.

Presumably it'll be a pretty low-tempo game as well.

Really?

Elliot

Tavernier - Perch - Willo - Fergie

Sammy - Anita - Bigi - Marveaux

Ranger - Shola

Despite Ranger not being a wide forward as such, that midfield 4 wouldn't work IMO. 

You'd have Sammy losing the ball in all the wrong areas and being caught out of position when he should be defending Tav.  Both young and inexperienced as well.

Anita and Bigi are both holding players.  Zero creativity and  Bigi still gets caught out positionally as well like Sammy does.

Marveaux likes to drift in field with the ball, Sammy would be doing the same. 

We'll constantly surrender possession and rarely threaten if we plump for that midfield 4.  I would have thought some of our recent performances with this formation and no Cabaye have highlighted this.

So yeah, I don't see it working as a 4-4-2.

Hopefully if marveaux starts as predicted its more so to get him game time than he's not starting on Monday. Given the extra recovery time and his lack of games so far he should still be able to go to Fulham as fit playing tonight as he would be if he didn't play, may even do him good.

Their team according to French media: Olimpa,Chalmé,Sane, Planus, Marange, Ben Khalfallah Poko Sertic, Maurice-Belay ,Bellion,Diabaté

:undecided:

Its going to end up a battle to avoid top place  :lol:

The back four and keeper are decent. Sertic is a holding midfielder who is OK, while Ben Khalfallah will likely be the 'creator in the midfield. Poko is a youngster who has suffered with injuries, while Bellion is shite as we all know. The two threats are Diabate - an effective and powerful target man - and Maurice-Belay, who is a pacy winger that can play on either flank or behind a striker.

Elliot; Tavernier, Williamson, Perch, Ferguson; Bigirimana, Abeid; Ranger, Marveaux, Sa Ameobi; Sh Ameobi ©

#NUFC substitutes v #Bordeaux: Krul, Coloccini, Simpson, Anita, Amalfitano, Campbell, Cisse. #newcastle #europaleague