Not worthy of a thread - Euro 2020 edition

Disco

36 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Will be class I'm sure but I'd be gutted if I got semis tickets and it wasn't the England one. :lol:

Well tickets for the England game are absolutely ludicrous prices. But the other one had re-released fan tickets that were affordable. 

just hope this tournament has a positive effect on the way VAR is used in this country. its refreshing to see not every challenge in the box is analysed microscopically to check if there has been the merest of touches to justify a penalty being given.

On 02/07/2021 at 17:13, Yorkie said:

What nation has brought the most to football? Not just winners, but cumulatively historically, culturally, socially, in terms of its supporters and having heroes and legends consistently emerging through time, everything. 

Italy mebs? 

Brazil surely?

In a penalty shootout, what happens if the penalty taker runs up and decides not to strike the ball whatsoever? (Thinking if Jorginho shaped up his foot to softly roll it to the right but saw last minute Simon was going that way)

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick

"If, before the ball is in play, one of the following occurs:

the player taking the penalty kick or a team-mate offends:

... feinting to kick the ball once the kicker has completed the run-up (feinting in the run-up is permitted); the referee cautions the kicker."

Guest HTT II

Btw, for me, Fat Les Vindaloo over Its Coming Home, both great footy ‘anthems’ but the former is much better IMO.