Newcastle United vs. Queens Park Rangers - 22/12/12 @ 3pm (No TV)

Decky

Why on Earth would you go back to 4-4-2 anyway? Neither Anita nor Perch are equipped to cope with it.

not really a 4-4-2, just looks that way the way it looks in 2D when laying it out on a screen as the 5 creative players would move a damn sight more.

SuperKrul

Simpson  Colo  Williams  Santon

Tiote          Perch

Anita        Ba          Marv

Cisse

Though I expect we'll see Jonas for either Marv or Perch.

As this is a must win game we have to attack them from the off so I'd let Simpson sit this one out as he's no use to us going forward whatsoever. This is how I would line up for it.

http://footballformation.co.uk/team/4231/151212152758.png

How can you drop Williamson after today? he was excellent and perch is better in midfield than defence anyway.

Same team as today, but with Marveaux on the right of a front 3 and Cisse on the left. I'd normally prefer Marv in the middle but he's the only one I can think of that could actually be of any use as a wing forward with our limited options. Anita's fine as a stop-gap creative midfielder anyway, I just hope Pards can see that his one-touch passing around the opposition's penalty area is probably our most dangerous weapon in terms of creating chances.

We'll win this. Mainly because QPR are pants and will struggle to score away from home whilst we'll be going 'gung ho' for large periods (if not from kick off) - assuming of course that Pardew isn't completely daft. We'd be mad not to throw caution to the wind in this game even if it wasn't such a life-and-death game for our season, so can't see anything other than a mauling of QPR.

4-1, I'll go for 2 Ba, 1 Cisse, and 1 Santon.

Guest palnese

We'll win this. Mainly because QPR are pants and will struggle to score away from home whilst we'll be going 'gung ho' for large periods (if not from kick off) - assuming of course that Pardew has actually learnt anything from the season so far (i.e. his overly cautious/rigid starting tactic not working).

:yao:

Guest ItalianMagpie

Of course they now grabbed their first win and might be able to remove their mental block. Just in time.

They're not as crap as the table tells, they have a bunch of good players and now that they got going I'm afraid it won't be easy at all.

Despite all of the undeserved mockery Redknapp gets on this site, he has undeniably made a difference to QPR...yes, there is the new manager syndrome, but no-one can deny that his record over the years is generally good with most of his clubs.

This will be far from easy and the only thing going for us is that we are playing them before Christmas....there is no doubt in my mind that Redkapp will be allowed to spend money in Jan and we have no such guarantee at SJP. Redknapp will sign some decent players and in cases where they have to, they will pay higher wages to get their men than we will.

If we do anything less than pick up 3 points, we are well and truly in the relegation scrap...if they win, we will be a fair bet to be in the mire right up to April because we aint going to pick up many points in the month after this game and we may lose players in January...it will also now be doubly hard to sign quality players, even if Ashley is willing to pay the necessary, because they won't want to join a side likely to go down.

It goes without saying that we need to win this - this IS a make or break game in my view and bearing in mind Pardew's unwanted record of never having managed us to a PL win after being behind, you can see why...

As Fergie once famously said...'its sqeaky bum time..'!

He gets mocked for his wobbly face, arsehole wideboy attitude to other clubs' players, and love-in with the southern media. His managerial ability is rarely questioned all that much IMO. He's a good manager.

He gets mocked for his wobbly face, arsehole wideboy attitude to other clubs' players, and love-in with the southern media. His managerial ability is rarely questioned all that much IMO. He's a good manager.

I don't care about all the stuff he gets stick for - he could walk down Northumberland St with a daffodil up his a--e for all I care if he was managing NUFC and doing as well as he did with Spurs. Before we get all holier-than-thou about Redknapp's personal drawbacks, it should be remembered that Pardew isn't exactly whiter-than-white when it comes to personal failings...allegedly...!