Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 52s

FLASH: We understand talks between Loic Remy's representatives and Newcastle occurred. Doesn't mean anything, but it happened. #NUFC #QPR

Guest bimpy474

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 52s

FLASH: We understand talks between Loic Remy's representatives and Newcastle occurred. Doesn't mean anything, but it happened. #NUFC #QPR

Oh fuck right off, not again.

I would have gone for Hoillet when he left Blackburn, not so sure now.

We didn't see much of him last season, so it's hard to judge. I can't believe he's suddenly turned into a bad player though.

It seems that at QPR there was a bad dressing-room split between the existing players on low salaries, and the newcomers who were paid far more. That would have been a very difficult situation for a 22 year old non-English player to be dropped into. The team was struggling from the start, and the management couldn't give him much time to find his form or a role in the side. A young player's confidence could easily collapse in that situation, faced with unspoken criticism from the more established players at the club.

Speculative, I know, but in retrospect a lot was expected of him in a very difficult situation.

Ability-wise, I world definitely have him here. He is basically what we need, ie. pace and does have a good finish on him.

The rape accusations does somewhat give an insight as to his character/personality mind...and for that reason, think we have to move onto another target. Why are footballers such cunts?

It would be a big risk for any club to buy him when he has a rape accusation hanging over him.

QPR should offer to loan him out with the option to buy if he is found not guilty. If he is found guilty that's QPR and Rémy's problem. Imagine if we bought Rémy and then he got sent to prison.

It would be a big risk for any club to buy him when he has a rape accusation hanging over him.

QPR should offer to loan him out with the option to buy if he is found not guilty. If he is found guilty that's QPR and Rémy's problem. Imagine if we bought Rémy and then he got sent to prison.

:lol: exactly the reason why QPR shouldn't loan... Makes no sense when they can get a transfer fee...

Guest bimpy474

Ability-wise, I world definitely have him here. He is basically what we need, ie. pace and does have a good finish on him.

The rape accusations does somewhat give an insight as to his character/personality mind...and for that reason, think we have to move onto another target. Why are footballers such cunts?

Only if you think he's guilty already.

:lol: exactly the reason why QPR shouldn't loan... Makes no sense when they can get a transfer fee...

My suggestion for QPR to loan Rémy out was based on the idea that they'd struggle to find a buyer for a player who has been accused of rape. If they can find a buyer then "buyer beware".

My suggestion for QPR to loan Rémy out was based on the idea that they'd struggle to find a buyer for a player who has been accused of rape. If they can find a buyer then "buyer beware".

I understand and appreciate your sentiment... But this is football we are talking about...

I sincerely hope we have the dignity not to approach him again after he snubbed us for QPR. Seems we don't.  :hmm:

I'd take his talent over dignity tbh. Only thing that worries me is the court case, which has a 1 in a 1000 to got any further, but them odds don't count when its one of our players.

I sincerely hope we have the dignity not to approach him again after he snubbed us for QPR. Seems we don't.  :hmm:

I hope we do - good player, we'r desperate and why should we show dignity to signings when we show no dignity in any other way

Love the implication in here that "accused of rape" means "guilty of rape" :lol:

I think there's a little more to it than that in this case.

Yes, it should be arrested on suspicion of being involved in the gang rape of a woman, court case in September.

You're right, let's spend £6m to £8m on a player who turned us down to go to QPR. He is also on bail after being accused of rape. If he was found guilty that £6m to £8m spent would suddenly be worth £0.00.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/hardly-a-surprise-that-newcastle-are-claimed-to-have-no-interest-in-signing-remy/

Hardly A Surprise That Newcastle Are Claimed To Have No Interest In Signing Remy

by Graham Porter

The January move of Loic Remy probably sums up modern day football, and in many people’s eyes, sums up what is wrong with football and in particular the Premier League.

After choosing almost certain relegation with QPR ahead of Newcastle United, it was met with some amusement and disgust when Remy claimed he’d gone to Rangers because he found their ‘project’ very interesting.

As we said on the website at the time, ‘project’ obviously translates into bigger wages plus attractive get-out clause if QPR were relegated.

At the time it was speculated that he’d agreed a deal which meant he’d be a free agent if Rangers were relegated, as Demba Ba did at West Ham. However, the West London club are now desperately trying to sell Remy on for a rumoured £8m or so, plus get his massive wages off the books.

Now then it is claimed that Newcastle are one of a number of clubs to be offered the striker but equally, it is claimed Newcastle have no interest.

If Remy expects (as is very very likely) that any buyer would at least match his rumoured £100k a week wages then we can safely rule out Mike Ashley making a move.

With regard to this particular player most fans would probably agree that they wouldn’t want somebody getting that kind of money out of our pockets, especially when he knocked us back in January.

The fact that Remy is on bail until September on his rape charge should also make it an easy decision not to go near him, or at the very least until that investigation has reached a conclusion.

So where next for Newcastle and Loic Remy?

I haven’t got a clue about our club but I wouldn’t mind betting that Remy will be following his fellow mercenary, Christopher Samba, in finding refuge in the cash rich Russian/Ukrainian clubs.

The centre-back apparently on the verge of rejoining Anzhi in a £12m deal.

Modern day football, you quite literally couldn’t make it up.