Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not so negative, he's failed sure at other clubs but dunno if that means his quality isn't discoverable again. Seems exactly the kind of mobile forward Rafa would want. The question is more that he's really a mercenary and Rafa has wanted players who want to be here. Possible he's realised he's not getting football and would appreciate a chance again.

I actually think the fact his career has nosedived would work in our favour. It could be that playing for us without all the London crap under a strict manager like Rafa would be just what he needs. I wouldn't have even considered it before it was mentioned that we are interested so it all depends entirely if that's true.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't see this happening at all after Rafa's just mentioned about players needing to have the desire to play here. As far as I can tell Remy doesn't have the desire to play full stop.

I'm more concerned about whether he lost his mobility and pace than anything else tbh, he looked lethargic at best when i saw him for Chelsea.

I doubt he's lost it, probably just buried under all those kebabs and indifference. Hard to see where his next move is tbh, he'll have to take a pay cut wherever it is.

Only as a back up, and not on the wages he would want, and only on a 1 year loan or a 1 year contract with the option of a further year.

This. He transformed us quite clearly when he first arrived. Could he do the same? Quite possibly. Does he have the desire to?  You'd have to say doubtful.

Considering a bid according to some dubious sources.

No thanks, beyond his best and his desire has gone.

Dubious sources, Greg? I'd take him back, but only if his motivation is right and he buys into what Rafa is trying to build. It's worth noting that he's done the sum of fuck all, since his loan spell with us ended. Happy to pick up the cash at Chelsea, whilst hardly playing.

Maybe, but I think we would probably rather sign a worse player who is more committed. Just guessing of course, I doubt Remy is even on our radar.

Probably not.

His best season in England came with us 4 years ago, he could have built on that but instead chose to be on the bench for Chelsea.  Has lost some pace and been injured alot.  Not keen on having him here now. 

Remy for me, Ba was more physical though. Both very good for us, both money grabbing tossers. (And no, they didnt get success at Chelsea, those medals they have are worth much less from the bench)