Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I do want us to sign the lad (from the little I have read :lol:) but the confidence/injury issues are a concern.

We need our new forward to hit the ground running really  :undecided:

Depends what you mean by that, goalscoring wise? don't necessarily agree in the main we need our new forward to help Cisse from the get go.

If that means goals or by offering something different which gives Cisse more goalscoring opportunities.

For example when Cisse scored all those goals, Ba was on a drought but he was helping Cisse in regards to off the ball movement etc etc if Remy( or anyone else) can provide similar then we should be good.

:thup:

Could just be a case of he needs a new club to regain his form. If he's unhappy where he is at the moment it'll be hard to perform how he wants.

I have heard he is very angry that the club blocked his move to Spurs in the summer so their could be something in that.

I thought Ba was poor the final quarter of last season, around the 6 games in row period, he was the one player I didn't want on the ball when we countered as his touch poor, and he either slowed the play down, or shot from a stupid distance when he had better options around him.

Just to play well really but that still depends on Cisse finding the net again on a regular basis. He got off to a good start against Everton so hopefully he keeps going, especially when playing more central.

"If" we sign him I'll have every confidence he'll do well. Carr has been scouting most of these players for a few years and they aren't bought on a whim. There's a risk with every transfer but Ashley doesn't part with approx 10m on a player who probably won't cut the mustard.

Just to play well really but that still depends on Cisse finding the net again on a regular basis. He got off to a good start against Everton so hopefully he keeps going, especially when playing more central.

Aye :thup:

I'm still waiting for Santon's alleged injury and confidence problems to surface.

:lol: it's true like.... Santon supposedly was injury prone, Ba was, Remy is too and he probably won't have a problem either :lol:

Some of those comments about his 1 goal in 14 saying, how is he soposed to re-discover his form having only 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there.

He was even subbed on and then subbed off in the same game, poor lad.

Whaaat? Whats the gen on the bloke like is he going through a shitty patch atm?

Maybe we can be the Remydy?

"If" we sign him I'll have every confidence he'll do well. Carr has been scouting most of these players for a few years and they aren't bought on a whim. There's a risk with every transfer but Ashley doesn't part with approx 10m on a player who probably won't cut the mustard.

True. If Ashley is even thinking about parting with £10m, Carr must rate the hell out of him.

I'm still waiting for Santon's alleged injury and confidence problems to surface.

We had problems with Marveaux as well, not to mention we bought Ben Arfa when his career had stalled in France. I don't have any problem buying players who are going through a bad patch as long as their pedigree is good. I don't know much about Remy but his profile sounds just what we need, powerful left sided forward who can play wide.

True. If Ashley is even thinking about parting with £10m, Carr must rate the hell out of him.

The fact that we are looking at a player that will cost around 10m is an encouraging sign to begin with. I don't want us to spend money just for the sake of it, because we have bought some players for excellent value. But top strikers/forward players rarely come cheap and i am glad we are showing ambition with the players we are pursuing.

The fact that we are looking at a player that will cost around 10m is an encouraging sign to begin with. I don't want us to spend money just for the sake of it, because we have bought some players for excellent value. But top strikers rarely come cheap and i am glad we are showing ambition with the players we are pursuing.

From what I have read he was quite recently being touted for double that so it still seems to be a 'bargain', I have no problems with that though.

Still not confident this will go through :lol: so far it's far doing the 'imminent signing' one day to 'other clubs still interested' a few days later swing we see most transfer windows now.

Still not confident this will go through so far it's far doing the 'imminent signing' one day to 'other clubs still interested' a few days later swing we see most transfer windows now.

OM are prepared to let him go but they're not just going to hand him over so it'll be the usual wrangling for a bit over transfer fee. They'll want as much as they can get so it won't happen over night. Seems there's genuine interest there though.

i don't think they'll sell early tbh they want as much money as they can get. Worry this'll become a saga, if it starts taking too long the board has to look elsewhere as it's too important we get a striker than to assume we can get him on deadline day

i don't think they'll sell early tbh they want as much money as they can get. Worry this'll become a saga, if it starts taking too long the board has to look elsewhere as it's too important we get a striker than to assume we can get him on deadline day

Just out of interest, would you have preferred we signed another right-back in August rather than wait until now for Debuchy?

Probably yes, as the damage is done to our season now considerably. Very happy we've got debuchey now but this season's a write off already. However I don't think the situation was yet desperate, we have taken a lot of injuries, now we need to make sure we have a squad that can get 20 points at least over the remaining games to guarantee safety (15 would prolly do with the quality of opposition) and it's too important to risk desperately seeking a striker who's a bit of a gamble anyway. If we can get him now great, if we are making good negotiations fine, but for gods sake lets have a backup plan, we can always lineup another striker then just cut the deal off before we pay if Remy does come.

Probably yes, as the damage is done to our season now considerably. Very happy we've got debuchey now but this season's a write off already. However I don't think the situation was yet desperate, we have taken a lot of injuries, now we need to make sure we have a squad that can get 20 points at least over the remaining games to guarantee safety (15 would prolly do with the quality of opposition) and it's too important to risk desperately seeking a striker who's a bit of a gamble anyway

And then what about 2013-18 where we have the player we really wanted, rather than our second choice?

Guest hatem garrincha

Two years ago he was one of the best players in Ligue 1, imho, and he's still only 25. I reckon he'll do well for you.

Two years ago ?!

Seven months ago, he was almost sure to be a starter in the french team in the Euros.

The fact he was injured just before hurts him until now and explain a lot of his lack of motivation since the start of Ligue 1 season.

He's tactically very intelligent, certainly one of the best french strikers and the best one in term of movement...

His problem now is only psychological.