Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If he goes there its confirmation that Ashleys approach to running the club can not work as other clubs will always be willing to pay higher wages.

What other approach is there available to us? Get Ashley to start funding transfers out of his own pocket and become beholden to some sugar daddy? I'd rather we pay what we can afford.

If he goes to QPR it's simply confirmation they were offering him crazy money. We've signed our fair share of internationals recently operating under the current policy. It's shouldn't be a problem if we're not competing with a wide-eyed Harry Redknapp waving a blank cheque in a players face.

The only thing I think the club could be criticised for (note: not slated) if he goes to QPR is that we'll have spent half the month chasing a player who is only interested in money. And considering what we can offer in comparison to others that would have been a pretty poor misjudgement.

I don't think it's been that apparent he was so motivated by money, any more than any footballer really. He's point blank ignored QPR once, so you have to believe that they've significantly increased the deal on offer. Perhaps offering some kind of significant bonus for securing their safety. We're absolutely right to stick to our guns and leave the terms he accepted on the table.

Our current wage structure is ample enough to secure players like Cabaye, Debuchy, Cisse and Colo. However good this lad is, I don't think he's worth more than any of those - at this point in time.

:thup:

Agree with that; the club are pretty much faultless in this whole thing imo.

However they deserve every bit of flack they'll receive if a different striker doesn't arrive in the next fortnight.

If he goes there its confirmation that Ashleys approach to running the club can not work as other clubs will always be willing to pay higher wages.

That's partially true, but if so, what approach works other than "have more money than everyone else?"

the only thing that will work is lower your expectations and accept a championship club.

Where did SSN get this from anyways?

Have a guess. :harry:

Wille McKay's involved too so wouldn't be surprised if he leaked it

If he's involved then I don't want him. Wouldn't sign a single player under his management.

The only thing I think the club could be criticised for (note: not slated) if he goes to QPR is that we'll have spent half the month chasing a player who is only interested in money. And considering what we can offer in comparison to others that would have been a pretty poor misjudgement.

I don't think it's been that apparent he was so motivated by money, any more than any footballer really. He's point blank ignored QPR once, so you have to believe that they've significantly increased the deal on offer. Perhaps offering some kind of significant bonus for securing their safety. We're absolutely right to stick to our guns and leave the terms he accepted on the table.

Our current wage structure is ample enough to secure players like Cabaye, Debuchy, Cisse and Colo. However good this lad is, I don't think he's worth more than any of those - at this point in time.

:thup:

Fuck that we need to buy...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HtpTbDLTyhA/UBUsV9lnyYI/AAAAAAAAB8o/2sTokAvbA4M/s1600/everyone.gif

Newcastle are interested in Remy and but QPR’s search for a striker has proved difficult. 'Who is going to let people go, unless you’re paying crazy money?” asked Redknapp before joking about hijacking Tottenham’s bid for Alvaro Negredo.

'We’re in the auction,' smiled Redknapp. 'One of them auctions where you make a bid but you don’t actually want to buy him? I’m starting the bidding with a million. When it gets up to 15, I might even try to push Daniel (Levy) to 16. If he doesn’t come back, we’re in trouble! I like Negredo but we haven’t got £15m, that’s for sure.'

What a fucking slimeball  :rant:

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

If he goes to QPR it is blatantly for financial reasons. In which case, he can go fuck himself with a spiky club, flintstones style, because I would rather not have such a selfish cunt who only wants to make a fortune from his career at my favourite football club, no thanks.

Guest malandro

Secure them yes, keeping them is a different matter.

QPR must be offering stupid money. As much as I can't stand MA I couldn't criticise him for not matching it.

Guest bimpy474

Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann

Joseph I won't get personal as Twitter is not the place to do that but don't think you are bigger than you are