Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nothing to do with the money, it was a game of Fifa with Fernandes that changed his mind? Laughable

Heard this too. Apparently he found out Fernandes was "a really nice guy" after playing him at FIFA.

Sounds like a total nutjob tbh.

:jesuswept:

Nothing to do with the money, it was a game of Fifa with Fernandes that changed his mind? Laughable

Heard this too. Apparently he found out Fernandes was "a really nice guy" after playing him at FIFA.

:jesuswept:

Llambas is such a cunt, what type of man is no good at FIFA ffs, where does he do his scouting

Guest bimpy474

I'm all "dunno" about this bloke. I'm not giving it we dodged a bullet stuff but i can't really say anything until i see him play in our league. While signing him would have made us stronger, not really seen anything to make me go wow either.

If I can draw anything from this saga, I now know that the bottom placed team in a league is the 'Red lantern' or 'Lanterne rouge'.

It's not just football teams in leagues either btw. It's anyone who's bottom of the pile. It's commonly used (and actually used to be contested over) in the Tour de France.

Cool story.

Its preferable to simply saying "I wasn't interested, but then I heard they would pay me a ridiculous wage, oh and we played FIFA for a bit while Harry sorted out my special banking arrangements.."

Anyway he's made his decision and for all his potential he's hardly a great player so lets just move on.

Pinch of salt required i know but... Listening to Remy it doesn't sound like our representatives sold the club to him...

Having read a few bits and pieces floating around, I'm almost certain the fact that he was told he'd play through the middle at QPR also had a degree influence. In addition to the £££ of course.

Pinch of salt required i know but... Listening to Remy it doesn't sound like our representatives sold the club to him...

Having read a few bits and pieces floating around, I'm almost certain the fact that he was told he'd play through the middle at QPR also had a degree influence. In addition to the £££ of course.

Doesn't sound like he was interested TBH. Apparently he stayed in bed rather than travel to Newcastle, where we had a full club tour arranged.

Just Redknapp trying to twist away from the fact that Remy is in it for the money and potentially an easy way out to a bigger club in the summer. Same with saying he doesn't know of the contract details (as if) when asked about Remy being enticed worth the 80-110k per week offer.

:lol:

Redknapp's quote.

Says he didn't join for the money, and then when asked about what deal they gave him, he says he doesn't know, as he doesn't deal with that side of things.

Um ... so how do you know he didn't join for the money?

Cringeworthy stuff.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/9812571/Logic-Remy-launches-PR-drive-to-shed-mercenary-tag-after-move-to-Queens-Park-Rangers.html

Within minutes of posing with the shirt at the club’s training ground on Friday, the Frenchman was rejecting accusations of greed as decisively as he had rejected the overtures of Newcastle United, who had been favourites to sign him from Marseille. Newcastle manager Alan Pardew suggested that QPR had offered Rémy considerably higher wages and former England captain Alan Shearer claimed Rémy had been motivated by money.

Friday's press conference was thus an exercise in public relations, attempting to shed the ‘mercenary’ tag that had attached itself to Rémy before he had even kicked a ball. Whether anyone believed him is another matter.

“It’s true that I hesitated between Newcastle and QPR,” he said. “I went to meet the staff at Newcastle, and there came a time when I had to make the decision. I was as close to joining Newcastle as QPR. Unlike what has been reported in the press, I was not at an advanced stage of talks with Newcastle.

“It was not a decision about money. Newcastle offered me a very good contract. A lot of people are shocked that I chose QPR. But it’s in no way a decision based on financial reasons. I could have stayed at Marseille, I had a good contract there.”

Ultimately, though, Rémy had to leave. A thigh injury and loss of form meant he fell out of favour under new manager Elie Baup. He was seeking a move to England, and when Redknapp rekindled an interest he had first shown as Tottenham manager two years ago, Rémy was pleased, despite reports that he had initially refused to meet him.

“No, I did not refuse to speak to him,” Rémy said. “I was thinking about my future at that time. I didn’t want to speak to him as I didn’t want him to think I would join the club. It was in no way a lack of respect, he has followed me for 2½ years.”

Redknapp said: “I watched him at Marseille quite a few times, but the fee at the time was in excess of £20 million. I got on well with him last year when I met him in France, so I had a bit of a head start in that respect. I told him I wanted to play him through the middle, whereas he’d have played wide elsewhere.

“I mentioned a couple of players I was hoping to bring in that he knew very well. I said: ‘We are bottom of the league and it’s going to be a real battle but if you want to have a real go, come and take the challenge on’.”

Rémy consulted a notable Marseille team-mate before making his choice. “I spoke to [Joey] Barton,” he said. “He mentioned it is a club with a small stadium, but the fans are terrific, and the ground is always full. He told me it was like a war every week. I am ready for war over the next six months.”

The time-frame was telling. Rémy refused to commit his future to the club should they be relegated. But the battle to avoid that fate resumes on Saturday against West Ham.