Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On Liverpool: Presuming they don't find a like for like replacement for Suarez, which will be difficult, they will probably struggle to score more often, and teams will go hyper defensive against them. If they can shore up their defense and get better at controlling games they should still be up there, but they looked at their best counter attacking at pace and they will get fewer opportunities to do that this time round.

They also have the champions league to deal with. I think they'll still be very good on the eye and do well, should get to a cup final or two, but last season was their chance imo, everything fell into place, but their rivals have strengthened and they certainly will have a deeper squad but the 1st choice squad may be worse. They should stay in the champions league places, Spurs won't challenge seriously but Van Gaal could do a good job and get Man U back up there. It's tough to call but I can't look beyond Chelsea or Man City winning the league imo, both were slightly below par due to managerial changes and that was still enough for City to win the league, next season they'll both be better.

Remy will score a lot of goals for them,  good signing.

Guest bimpy474

Be interesting to see how they do, after last season they'll be a lot more pressure especially from the fans.

Be interesting to see how they do, after last season they'll be a lot more pressure especially from the fans.

thats whats going to be interesting, Rodgers had (relatively speaking, its still liverpool after all) little expectation, this season he will not only be expected to mount a title challenge but also to do well in the champions league. Interesting to see how he copes and how the squad copes especially after basically  throwing away the title last time and how that affects them

I think they'll finish fourth. Remy did well here, but as a signing for a side trying to win a title/CL he's very underwhelming, imo. He won't do anything special at Anfield.

:thup:

I predict he knocks less Premiership goals next season than last season.

I always just assume whatever anyone does in our team is simply what they are capable of in their sleep.

He surely won't start for them though.

They'll be stretching their squad if they're going to have a real go in all 4 competitions though. Can't see him starting in their 'big' games but I bet he appears in most of their games next season either from the start or off the bench. They may play 60+ games next season.

Guest bimpy474

thats whats going to be interesting, Rodgers had (relatively speaking, its still liverpool after all) little expectation, this season he will not only be expected to mount a title challenge but also to do well in the champions league. Interesting to see how he copes and how the squad copes especially after basically  throwing away the title last time and how that affects them

And they're a lot like us under KK, great going forward but easy to get at because they commit so much in attack. You can see a poor run happening, then again you can see a great winning one too.

And they're a lot like us under KK, great going forward but easy to get at because they commit so much in attack. You can see a poor run happening, then again you can see a great winning one too.

thats whats strange to me, Swansea under Rodgers were in a barca lite way very good defensively through possession (and bloody tedious to watch at times but different matter altogether) with worse players than he has now yet now they look rather hopeless at the back and bloody lucky they don't concede 3 penalties a game through Skrtel

Him and sturridge are fairly evenly matched in terms of ability for me.

personally if I had a free choice between them I'd take Sturridge despite his stupid dance

Sturridge is younger so yea that makes a lot of sense but as I said ability wise they are evenly matched.

Guest bimpy474

thats whats strange to me, Swansea under Rodgers were in a barca lite way very good defensively through possession (and bloody tedious to watch at times but different matter altogether) with worse players than he has now yet now they look rather hopeless at the back and bloody lucky they don't concede 3 penalties a game through Skrtel

I think that's where Rodgers has shown so far how good a manager is and could be. He has changed his approach by the players he has at his disposal, not a bad ability to have, that and Liverpool have backed him in a way Swansea couldn't, in money and in their name attracting better players.

He surely won't start for them though.

They'll be stretching their squad if they're going to have a real go in all 4 competitions though. Can't see him starting in their 'big' games but I bet he appears in most of their games next season either from the start or off the bench. They may play 60+ games next season.

I'd be surprised if he manages more than half those games, not necessarily because they don't select him but because he's guaranteed to be injured at some point.

Guest Nixon

I can't help but feel Remy is like Demba Ba and even Papiss Cissé. If the team is built around him things are fine, but as a contributing piece I just debate if there's enough to justify it.

Assuming they sell Fabio Borini it's a good deal, but I feel like Remy flatters to deceive slightly. He should notch 20 goals a season but he's never done that once in his career.

I can't help but feel Remy is like Demba Ba and even Papiss Cissé. If the team is built around him things are fine, but as a contributing piece I just debate if there's enough to justify it.

Assuming they sell Fabio Borini it's a good deal, but I feel like Remy flatters to deceive slightly. He should notch 20 goals a season but he's never done that once in his career.

As if we'd built a team around Remy feeding him chance after chance with Ginola, Solano and Sir Stanley Matthews on the fucking wings :lol:

He did fantastically well in a team with a toothless attacking approach focused on nullifying teams like Cardiff at home, I think he'll kill it at Liverpool with a better manager.

Remy will do well at Liverpool but he won't replace Sturridge as main striker.

His pace and movement will always ensure that he will get at least 15 goals a season but their big problem will be keeping him injury-free.

A good signing at the price and one we could have done with because he has been the only consistent scorer among NUFCs forwards over the past season.

We need a good striker badly now.