Brighton 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 05/01/13 - post-match reaction from page 45

Dave

I wonder what excuse Pardew is going to use now????  :hmm:

They had an extra days rest

"Difficult place to come"

"Pitch wasn't great"

"Shola got sent off"

Poyet's cock was up my ass... I couldn't think straight..

Positives from this match:

- No injuries

- Shola suspended

- Hopefully the fans turn on Pardew

Pretty pathetic that you actually want our fans to turn on our manager mate. What exactly is the benefit of that?

No your defence of everything against Pardew is now pathetic.

I don't think he's defending Pardew, at all. We wont benefit from a hostile atmosphere, it's fucking common sense.

Positives from this match:

- No injuries

- Shola suspended

- Hopefully the fans turn on Pardew

Pretty pathetic that you actually want our fans to turn on our manager mate. What exactly is the benefit of that?

Erm....he leaves or gets sacked?

Sammy, Ranger, Marveaux, Bigi and Anita are the only players to put in even a touch of effort, the rest have been shite.

Only Marveaux, Santon and Anita i want anywhere near the first team. Bigi can be a sub as well. Rest reserves at best.

Pathetic - why the fuck do we even care? was always going to be a half assed side with a half assed tactic, and half assed attitude.

I don't know why people are getting so upset about this result.  Yeah, it ain't great, but there are bigger fish to fry.

We put out an, at best, reserve side against a team that is doing reasonably well in the Championship.  What does this tell us?  It tells us that our approach to this game was to win it if we could, but it was a higher priority to protect our first team from more injuries and to rest them for the next game.

I am not saddened by the prospect of being out of the FA Cup.  I would not be saddened if we were out of the Europa league as well.  Whilst this performance has not given us anything to smile about, it is far from justification to tar-and-feather anyone.

The best thing out of this game is that Shola can't play next week. The only way it seems to get the useless piece of rubbish out of the team. The most depressing thing is that our reserves are no way good enough !!!

Guest firetotheworks

I've just seen us two on one with one of their midfielders. Their midfielder slips and falls over and comes away with the ball. Unbelievable.