Brighton 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 05/01/13 - post-match reaction from page 45

Dave

Just back from the game. That was absolutely shambolic. They looked like the side who were one league above us and not the other way around.

Our fans were the quietest I've ever heard them (hardly surprising given they had jack all to shout about). The Brighton Fans sang 'you're getting sacked in the morning' plenty to Pardew.

Obertan was booed off and rightly so. If someone can find the cunt a heart we might be able to use him.

When the tough gets going he fucks off.

I was with 2 Brighton Fans and 1 Mackem and when the teams were announced, I said to them 'looks like Pardew has come to win, playing 3 up top'. How wrong I was.

Can someone explain to me why Shola was up top in the first half (on his own) surrounded by Bigi one side and Abeid the other. Obertan and Sammy were tucking in to make the middle 1 (Anita) a 3. Where is the fucking sense in that? Surely you surround your forward with your other attacking players.

Why in Gods name would you push 2 of your 3 defensive midfielders (who have no attacking threat) up top with that fucking lump and then rely on Oberballs and Sammy to try and reclaim possession when they inevitably keep it?

It absolutely defies belief.

I felt heartfully sorry for young Tavernier. After their first goal, Shola gave him the biggest of bollockings. The shame. Being shouted at by that useless cunt.

Pardew should have been honest with the fans weeks ago and said 'the cup is not for us this seaso, we've got more pressing priorities, please don't waste your money if you're expecting to see a first team' and then follow that up with a complete 11 made up of kids.

If you're writing off the cup why risk Anita, Santon and our only fit centre back (as fucking awful as he is)?

Fucking fed up with the lack of a game plan, the lack of movement and the PR bullshit.

Last bit of my rant being that we did not keep possession of the ball for more than 20 seconds in the entire first half and barely longer in the second.

If we don't have the ball, they fucking do. Doesn't take a genius to work out what happens when they use the ball better than us.

Who else could have come into the starting lineup today btw? Krul and Marv and it would have been our strongest team?  :jones:

We played the reserves today, which is annoying, it's as though we gave up before we started. On live TV for the vultures. Ffs, now I've got to explain to the bairn why AP doesn't give a fuck about the FA Cup. Just killed Santa as well. FML. :lol: Happy days.

Pardew should have been honest with the fans weeks ago and said 'the cup is not for us this seaso, we've got more pressing priorities, please don't waste your money if you're expecting to see a first team' and then follow that up with a complete 11 made up of kids.

Pretty certain he said he would do this earlier in the season, relating to the Europa League initially. Predictably enough he didn't follow it though.

:lol: I don't jest at all. I watch enough sports to recognize a team that has quit on their coach. There's absolutely no incentive to work hard because of a lack of depth. The manager can't drop players because there's no one in the wings that can do the job on a consistent basis and every f***er in the team knows it.

Mike Williamson is undroppable on a team in Europe.

Pardew isn't blameless, though. He's been clueless since the season started. At least last year you could argue that he'd learn from his mistakes from time to time, but he's not even doing that.

Today was the first time I've thought that it looks like that might be the case.

There was one point in the first half when Sammy, Abeid and I think it was Bigi were all pointing and gesturing to each other as if trying to figure out where they were supposed to be playing. Complete lack of leadership on the pitch, none of them looked like they gave a single solitary fuck.

Serious question. Does anybody who defended Shola starting think that Campbell and Ranger aren't capable of playing better than Shola has so far?

I know shola is capable of scoring if he does come out, he's also just as capable of carrying on the way that he has so far.

Both reserves should have started this game. No doubt at all. Shola is NOT a starting player. It's so fucking blatantly obvious, and it's fucking moronic to think that he will bring anything to the team from the first whistle.

We played the reserves today, which is annoying, it's as though we gave up before we started. On live TV for the vultures. Ffs, now I've got to explain to the bairn why AP doesn't give a f*** about the FA Cup. Just killed Santa as well. FML. :lol: Happy days.

What I meant though was that if Colo and Cisse were both left at home because they were injured, who else could we actually have brought in?  I may be being a spaz here but apart from Krul and Marv, possibly Fergie, that was the strongest squad that was actually available to us today?  :lol: Worrying.

Well another disappointing display. I saw the game from about 25 minutes in and it is hard to find many, if any, positives.

I think Williamson was at fault for both goals, firstly by letting their player turn in the box and then secondly being the complete wrong side of the attacker for the second. We should probably buy another centre back because his performances this season have been poor. I was quite impressed by Dummett and think the spell at St. Mirren has done him well. He looks a bit more confident than Tavernier who struggled in the game and first touch was lacking. Santon wasn't involved much and when LuaLua came on he caused him problems. Something I've noticed over the last few games is he has started to lose his cool (tackle from behind on Osman and kicking the ball away today), but it could be done to those players around him being inferior or he is unhappy with his own game.

Sammy needs a spell on loan, he has neat feet but offers little end product. Obertan was ineffective with awful control. Bigirimana and Anita did ok, but they had to drop deep for the ball every time which resulted in a long ball aimed for Ranger or Ameobi. Abeid wasn't really involved in the game, but there was one moment when he just hit the ball first time over his head...he didn't look around or try to bring the ball under control, he just wanted rid of it.

Shola offered little to the game and was marshalled out of it by their two centre backs. His sending off was harsh as it was two innocuous chllenges and the referee let the occasion of the cup tie way him/the fouled player theatrics as he took no time in getting out the red card. Nile Ranger was hopeless as if he lost the ball he made little effort to retrieve it and he didn't show for the ball as their defenders made numerous interceptions.

Overall I think we were unable to string any passes together in the final third, we offered no threat from set pieces or wide areas and we had no leaders on the pitch. The young players have been given chances and some of them haven't taken partly because they are not good enough or they believe that it makes no difference what they do as once the injuries clear up they are playing development football again. There was no effort from the team either in creating chances or pressing the Brighton players. You could see their attackers chasing down our defenders in case they made an error, but when we over hit a long pass there was no pressure from us. Disappointing and feel sorry for those who have to make the trip to be served that performance.

We played the reserves today, which is annoying, it's as though we gave up before we started. On live TV for the vultures. Ffs, now I've got to explain to the bairn why AP doesn't give a f*** about the FA Cup. Just killed Santa as well. FML. :lol: Happy days.

What I meant though was that if Colo and Cisse were both left at home because they were injured, who else could we actually have brought in?  I may be being a spaz here but apart from Krul and Marv, possibly Fergie, that was the strongest squad that was actually available to us today?  :lol: Worrying.

Aye, leave out the spaz thing though. Think Pards might have been economic with the truth about Colo and Papiss tbh, think he wanted us to lose today. From what he's said publicly I think he'll put Papiss in the middle from now on, which will suit everyone. Demba was a great player but apparently a pain in the arse, I fell out of love with him when I heard about his entourage. Meh, footballers aren't the brightest sparks but I'm not going to say I wouldn't grab a couple of mill if someone was chucking it at me. I'd probably beat my agents up to get their bit too :lol: Probably beat the cunts up anyway for a laugh tbh, they seem to deserve it.

Noone in their right frame of mind would say it's acceptable to be on a £20k a week (if the reported values are correct) like Ba was, even £40k, the way he's been delivering for us. But it just shows that Fat Mike doesn't have a clue.

Guest Roger Kint

Noone in their right frame of mind would say it's acceptable to be on a £20k a week (if the reported values are correct) like Ba was, even £40k, the way he's been delivering for us. But it just shows that Fat Mike doesn't have a clue.

What would you have done? Given his entourage theres no doubt that any new contract would have to include enough signing on fees to keep them all happy, where do you draw the line? Genuine question as i have absolutely no idea what he was on or what he would have settled for so why do you assume it was an easy fix?

Well that was a load of shite - minimal effort, creativity and spirit.

Mind you though, I'm feeling rather apathetic about today. Not really bothered about being knocked out. Whilst I do love the FA Cup, circumstances this season have become so dire that extra games probably would have become a hindrance...oh Newcastle, what have you done to me?

Aye, leave out the sp** thing though. Think Pards might have been economic with the truth about Colo and Papiss tbh, think he wanted us to lose today. From what he's said publicly I think he'll put Papiss in the middle from now on, which will suit everyone. Demba was a great player but apparently a pain in the arse, I fell out of love with him when I heard about his entourage. Meh, footballers aren't the brightest sparks but I'm not going to say I wouldn't grab a couple of mill if someone was chucking it at me. I'd probably beat my agents up to get their bit too :lol: Probably beat the c***s up anyway for a laugh tbh, they seem to deserve it.

Yeah sorry about that, not normally me tbh  :thup: You'd have thought I'd have stopped being so naive after following NUFC for so long, but you are probably right, if either of those got injured today we'd be up shit creek without a paddle.

Learned to agree with your view on Demba ages ago though, it's a shame that these people play such a large part in something we have such an emotional investment in, but I can't really jump on the bandwagon and call people greedy bastards for wanting to earn more money, i'd be doing exactly the same. His hangers on can get fucked though, he's probably made a few people with little discernible millionaires with his moves around, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in negotiations  :lol:

Oh, aye, if my boss offered me £40k a week i'd be furious like.  What a slap in the face.  How can anyone be expected to live on just £2m a year, fucking outrageous.

Guest Phil K
I watch enough sports to recognize a team that has quit on their coach

Complete lack of leadership on the pitch, none of them looked like they gave a single solitary f***.

Thats how I see it. We are going over the cliff with Pardew in charge.

He LOOKED on the interview as if he knew it too, and hadn't a clue what to do about it

Aye, leave out the sp** thing though. Think Pards might have been economic with the truth about Colo and Papiss tbh, think he wanted us to lose today. From what he's said publicly I think he'll put Papiss in the middle from now on, which will suit everyone. Demba was a great player but apparently a pain in the arse, I fell out of love with him when I heard about his entourage. Meh, footballers aren't the brightest sparks but I'm not going to say I wouldn't grab a couple of mill if someone was chucking it at me. I'd probably beat my agents up to get their bit too :lol: Probably beat the c***s up anyway for a laugh tbh, they seem to deserve it.

Yeah sorry about that, not normally me tbh  :thup: You'd have thought I'd have stopped being so naive after following NUFC for so long, but you are probably right, if either of those got injured today we'd be up shit creek without a paddle.

Learned to agree with your view on Demba ages ago though, it's a shame that these people play such a large part in something we have such an emotional investment in, but I can't really jump on the bandwagon and call people greedy bastards for wanting to earn more money, i'd be doing exactly the same. His hangers on can get fucked though, he's probably made a few people with little discernible millionaires with his moves around, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in negotiations  :lol:

:thup:

Just got back in. Pure apathy.

First of all, I was sat pretty much behind the goal, don't want to sound like I'm slagging off our fans here, but there wasn't as much noise as is usually present at away games, which was disappointing. Guess there's not much to make noise about at the moment though.

Shola was horrendous. Williamson didn't even seem awake and Tav had one of his "miss" games. He's still so hit and miss, desperately needs a loan. Thought Dummet looked good when he came on, fizzed in one lovely cross with his left foot.

Ranger did more with his time than Shola, for me he has to be above Ameobi in the pecking order, despite what we all think of the guy.

Overall I'm not really too upset, can't get myself emotionally involved with our games as of late, which is a blessing in disguise. Rolling out the cliché, we can concentrate on the league now. I pray this season is a speedbump and we can try and get back on track next year, but first we have to secure our survival, starting next week.

I'm seething after that, awful, gutless "performance" and they should be ashamed of themselves. Well played for the fans who went down, fantastic support which deserved so much better.