Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm sick of this "has pace put on the wing" Clearly not a winger.

Not sure he's a #10 myself. Best to keep him there mostly.

He's definitely not in the classic mould but he has done a very good job for us there so far. Think teams will cotton on to the fact that he tends to go "all out" if you like and he will need to learn when to slow things down at times. Delighted with him so far.

:thup: he's not a classic 10 just like Fellaini, Guarin and Boateng are not but it works there is only so much he can do by himself.

Should be mentioned aside from Marveaux he was probably the only attacking player on the pitch who can create by himself and he struggled unsurprisingly.

No issue from him. He's clearly a lad who doesn't hide and wants to pick us up whenever we are down. I think his full-steam ahead type runs are him being a bit naive in that aspect; case of trying to do a little too much. I'd rather him want to do that then hide at this point in the season and his career. He'll be fine man, hes young and still a bit raw in some of his game. He's class and will be immense for us for a long time.

He's a cracking player with massive potential, its not like he stood out as shit in a good team yesterday. Everyone was poor. As for his best position I would say deep (ish) with the licence to run forward with and without the ball into space. Similar to Yaya for Manchester City. Can interchange throughout the game too, no doubt in my mind he will be a massive player for us. No reason why he can't hit 10-15 goals next season.

Agree that he was trying to do too much yesterday.  Each time something didn't work, you could tell he was becoming more and more desperate to make amends and started trying to do it all by himself.

looked tired yesterday and needs a rest, my only issue with him is that he needs be make sure his pass makes it to the player, before making his run for the one two. Seen it a fair bit now he plays his pass makes his run and his pas doesn't make it, which could leave us open i think.

Guest Craig-NUFC

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan

Piece on #Sissoko in yesterday's L'Equipe. #Sissoko: "Before Feb game v Ger, Deschamps teased by about my club posn of no. 10...

"He said I shouldn't count on playing behind Karim Benzema. I don't see myself as a playmaker."

"At #nufc I'm there for my pace and to get in behind defences. I like playing centrally like at #nufc or a bit further back."

"My defect is that I waste chances. I was criticised for it at Toulouse and also at"

"I don't score much given the chances I have. I need to take my time and place the ball and abandon just going for power."

I think he shouldn't be a permanent fixture at no 10, I want to see him deeper too, he's right though, where he is he can get behind defences and run, but his passing isn't as good as a creative no 10 would be, I would ideally like to see him switching during games with Cabaye in position, see who works against which team and making them hard to track

It's nice to know he's smart enough to know what his issues are, means he can work on them

different types that can sit in same positions. Against teams that defend deep I'd move Cabaye to behind the striker everytime, his passing will be more important than Sissoko's speed, against teams that defend high Sissoko will be more useful on the counter

Cabaye´s long range passing is something we really need, doesn´t really matter if opponent sit deep or not. His crossfield passes make the opponent midfield run like hell across the pitch and there really is not much room behind the line anyway. I can understand what you mean, but keeping him deeper allows him to get on the ball more often. Sissoko is a strong lad and can score, he should be in the box as often as possible. Trust me, as a no 10 Cabs has to play with his back towards the goal more often and has very little time on the ball. Roaming Sissoko as number 10 for me.

Mainly agree, but against the Stoke's of the world Sissoko gives ball away too much, don't think I worry about Cabaye playing with back to goal too much, he has such a great shot from range he needs to be in that area around the box. Having said that playing deep midfield against defensive teams likely to occupy that space anyway, just think Sissoko hasn't the patience to break down a stubborn defence and is better on helping out further back

Cabaye´s long range passing is something we really need, doesn´t really matter if opponent sit deep or not. His crossfield passes make the opponent midfield run like hell across the pitch and there really is not much room behind the line anyway. I can understand what you mean, but keeping him deeper allows him to get on the ball more often. Sissoko is a strong lad and can score, he should be in the box as often as possible. Trust me, as a no 10 Cabs has to play with his back towards the goal more often and has very little time on the ball. Roaming Sissoko as number 10 for me.

While i agree if Douglas is to be believed he is only playing as a 10 as a stop gap and next year we will see a " very different NUFC" apparently.

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 7h

@Scottwilsonecho He's not a number 10: just filling in there. We'll see a very different #nufc next year.

Wonder what that means.

Maybe some sort of midfield diamond, no idea. I doubt that Pardew himself has an idea of next season. IMO Sissoko is not very good at pressing and tackling though.