Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This has all got a bit silly

I have too noted Sissoko missing a lot of passes, he's not a playmaker who will slow down a game or pick out inch perfect passes everytime, his game is escaping from defensive midfielders who may be covering him, rampaging forward and then releasing the ball at full pelt through last line of defence. He doesn't do what many players do and stop if the ball isn't on and pass sideways, he seems very keen to just go for the overambitious pass with the idea being a few times a game he will get it spot on. He will however give the ball way in promising positions doing this, having said that if we are ambitious enough and pressure high it's likely we'll get any rebound from someone intercepting or get ball back soon.

Stoke sat too deep for this play to work very often, the spaces he had to thread through were narrow and while Marveaux managed it was a lapse in Stoke's defending too. Sissoko will have more accurate games and will play against defences that play higher up and it'll work a lot better.

:thup:

Agree with you, his style wasn't ideal for Stoke but in general he'll be a great weapon for us.

Well said and especially as Stoke were hardly coming to have a go at us. Negative, spoiling tactics to go with most of our players being slightly off contributed to a frustrating day. I noted a few runs where Sissoko got into full stride but there options weren't there with runners and there were too often simply too many Stoke players to cut things out. I've always though HBA's return will really help the likes of Sissoko because you can tell they'll be on a similar wavelength when they break into attack. They'll create space for each other. To be honest I think some people over anaylse performances too much.

Thing is because Sissoko wasn't getting anywhere through the middle we tended to go out wide, which they could defend fine. Pardew should have Shifted Sissoko back and moved Cabaye forward (if he didn't want to use any subs), Cabaye could have slowed game down, kept possession around their box, passed through the lines more calmly and also shot from range better. Sissoko should be our no 10 against teams defending high up, or just indeed any team with any ambition, against really defensive teams he's not quite  a can opener.

Thing is because Sissoko wasn't getting anywhere through the middle we tended to go out wide, which they could defend fine. Pardew should have Shifted Sissoko back and moved Cabaye forward (if he didn't want to use any subs), Cabaye could have slowed game down, kept possession around their box, passed through the lines more calmly and also shot from range better. Sissoko should be our no 10 against teams defending high up, or just indeed any team with any ambition, against really defensive teams he's not quite  a can opener.

Aye, it's going to require some smarts from Pardew, knowing how to use Sissoko differently in certain games. Someone made a brilliant post about Yaya, and how Mancini shifts him back and forwards depending on the situation and the opposition.

Against Stoke we really needed someone with technique as the furthest forward midfielder, eventually that came in the form of Marveaux.

Aye, it's going to require some smarts from Pardew, knowing how to use Sissoko differently in certain games. Someone made a brilliant post about Yaya, and how Mancini shifts him back and forwards depending on the situation and the opposition.

Against Stoke we really needed someone with technique as the furthest forward midfielder, eventually that came in the form of Marveaux.

Agreed.

What's with the sudden jumping on college dropout for everything he says? Ronaldo not being controversial enough for people these days, need a new target?

Him talking incredible amounts of shit is my main problem with him.

What's with the sudden jumping on college dropout for everything he says? Ronaldo not being controversial enough for people these days, need a new target?

:lol:

THats not always the case, but people seem to want to follow him from thread to thread to keep it going.  :undecided::undecided:

The poster version of Jonas/Tiote.

Jonas fucking deserves it, you're not helping there  :lol:

Him talking incredible amounts of s*** is my main problem with him.

Hilariously, most people agree with the points I make. They just don't want to admit it. Tiresias shared my sentiments.

Disappointing game from him.  The lowest pass completion rate of any outfield player tells the whole story.

Needs to be more patient at times with the passing. A few times he would make a great run, try a killer ball that doesn't come off. Sometimes he should just play it simple. 

Bigger point is he needs to be more patient in these tight home games. His powerful runs create urgency as it is.

Him talking incredible amounts of s*** is my main problem with him.

Hilariously, most people agree with the points I make. They just don't want to admit it. Tiresias shared my sentiments.

Disappointing game from him.  The lowest pass completion rate of any outfield player tells the whole story.

Needs to be more patient at times with the passing. A few times he would make a great run, try a killer ball that doesn't come off. Sometimes he should just play it simple. 

Bigger point is he needs to be more patient in these tight home games. His powerful runs create urgency as it is.

If it's not your points that people dont agree with (which, of course, it is), it might be your general know-it all, 'don't concede 'till brooklyn' style of discussion that makes people react in that way. Just a thought.

I don't think it helped matters much by opening the post with the bullshit line of:

He was arguably the best non-defensive player on the park ffs, Stoke did well to stop most or his runs from coming to anything but it was ultimately one of his marauding runs that got us back into the game and another certainly could have been awarded a penalty. In fact these runs were probably the only piece of our attacking play that worked until Marveaux came on.

It wasn't the best performance from him by any means but he wasn't "disappointing", and his pass completion rate certainly didn't "tell the whole story".

So no, not everyone agrees with the drivel you come out with, and the fact you come out with in on such a regular basis is probably the reason why it is noticed more.

:lol:

THats not always the case, but people seem to want to follow him from thread to thread to keep it going.  :undecided::undecided:

Other way around tbh.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-moussa-sissoko-exclusive-interview-1761501

Moussa Sissoko exclusive: 'Me, a Premier League star? Are you kidding?' says Newcastle midfielder

13 Mar 2013 22:30

In his first interview as a Magpie, Sissoko reveals the boyhood vow that keeps his feet on the ground, tells how it feels to burn off Ashley Cole and more

As a kid growing up in Paris, Moussa Sissoko promised himself that if he ever became a professional ­footballer he would take the job ­seriously.

Each time he drove past the Stade de France, which stood near the family's home, with his builder dad, it reminded him football was a “way out to a better life”.

Fifteen years later, Sissoko finds himself living on Tyneside, an established French ­international at just 23, and looking to lead Newcastle to a Europa League quarter-final by beating Anzhi Makhachkala at St James' Park on Thursday following last week's goalless first leg.

He is surrounded by the trappings of success as he tucks into steak and pasta at the Geordies' top-class training ground.

But Sissoko talks about how he stays grounded by remembering how, as a little boy, he “practised kicking a ball against a wall every night after school” in Paris.

The midfielder, in his first interview since joining the Geordies from Toulouse in January, explained: “People say I am a big star now, but I do not consider myself a star.

"They signed me for my skills and to add to the team, not to be a “star”.

"In terms of work, football, I try to be serious. It is a serious job on the pitch.

"There have been careers in the past ruined by not being serious enough. It is important to be serious on the pitch, but off it to clear my head and relax and enjoy myself.

"Away from the training ground, I like to laugh, go out with friends and, when not playing, enjoy a party or two. But I am quite reserved, in all truth perhaps a little shy. But I like to laugh and show joie de vivre.

“When I was young, people in my family either played football or loved football. We used to watch a lot of football and I always wanted to get out there to practice. I could not wait for school to finish!

“One day (aged 13) I was told that maybe I had talent to become a professional. At that moment I had to decide to go for it and try and be signed for a club.

"Toulouse came along with an opportunity. The coach told me I had potential to have a great career. I put everything, all my work into having this career.

"I spent some great seasons with Toulouse and now I have come to Newcastle a massive club where I hope I can continue to progress onwards and upwards.”

Toulouse developed Sissoko into an established France international, with nine caps to date, and turned down £12million offers for him last summer, hoping to keep hold of their rising star.

But in January, Newcastle snapped him up for a bargain couple of million because his contract was running out.

His impact has been immediate.

He’s brought power and pace in an attacking midfield role, unlocking goals for Papiss Cisse as well as grabbing three in six league games for himself.

Sissoko was speaking in French, but already has a smattering of useful English and is “texting friends, speaking to people in town, making mistakes but learning.”

So will, as former Liverpool and Villa boss Gerard Houllier claimed, Newcastle have problems with a dressing room full of French players, having signed five of them in January alone?

“I think for Newcastle it is useful, not a problem, that we have so many French players here," added Sissoko. "I know before they signed us they tried to see how we were in real life - as people.

"They checked us out and found we didn’t have any major problems.

“I know all the lads here are nice guys. We do not have any major issues.

"From a football perspective, all five French signings bring something new to the team. We want people to think Newcastle were right in signing us, and that we were right in coming to Newcastle.”

Sissoko introduced himself to the Premier League on February 2, in his second appearance for Newcastle, with a staggeringly fast sprint which left Chelsea's England left-back Ashley Cole in his wake. And he certainly enjoyed the moment.

“The day before Mapou (Yanga-Mbiwa, defender and fellow January arrival at St James' Park) warned me how quick Cole was," he revealed. "I agreed I would have to run very quick to get past him, really push it!

“Luckily, I came up against him the next day and that is what happened.

"I have always had that sort of power and speed. I’m a well built player, quite solid, so people are quite surprised. Since I was a kid I have always been fast.

"Cole is a great left-back, very quick, and few can get past him. I was lucky that day!”

Sissoko has been linked with a move to England since 2009, with Spurs, Everton and Liverpool all mentioned as potential destinations, so why make the move now?

He added: “Last year, I had a fantastic season, which did not go unnoticed.

"There is fantastic potential here at Newcastle with the quality of players and that gave me the appetite to come here. The manager also showed me how much he wanted me to come here.

“The position was not ideal in the first half of the season. I thought the form would get better with the injuries clearing up and the new signings.

"As you can see, the team is now playing better. We can get up the league and go far in the Europa League.”

Sissoko is also targeting success at international level.

He made his debut four years ago and, typical of his modesty, admits he was a bit “star-struck” playing with his heroes including Thierry Henry.

Next year's World Cup in Brazil is now his target.

He added: “Patrick Vieira is my inspiration. He played in the same position as me and we have a similar profile. Also someone like Mahamadou Diarra, who plays for Fulham - the same position, great footballers.”

He seems content with his new life in Newcastle, concluding: “The people are really kind and generous. The city is very beautiful and very young with a lot of students around.

"The only negative thing it is a bit cold, but spring is coming and it is a bit nicer now. And we have the Europa League challenge to look forward to!”

"I know before they signed us they tried to see how we were in real life - as people.  They checked us out and found we didn’t have any major problems.  I know all the lads here are nice guys."

Love this about our recruitment :aww:

Also, he thinks Spring will bring nicer weather?

:yao:

Interesting that he models himself on Vieira and Diarra. Wouldn't be surprised if he eventually ends up playing a bit deeper.

If he wants the Vieira role, maybe this when HBA is back:

Cisse

Gouffran    Marveaux    Ben Arfa

Cabaye    Sissoko

With Sissoko doing all the tiote work, but occasionally taking runs, while Cabaye then sits back and distributes.