Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you're #10 always gives the ball away he won't create.

So if we take another stat into consideration then?

Dribbling?

Hatem makes and is successful with a hell of a lot of runs, but will be tackled. But becuase he tries these dribbles in the final third does this mean that for example, Jonas who does his dribbling in our last third mean he is better than Ben Arfa? No, it doesnt, so please stop talking s***. Its called taking risks and I am pleased Sissoko has the awareness and attacking intent to atleast try these passes. Because when they come off, we get rewards.

I'm comparing him to Juan fucking Mata. The first ro second highest assister in the league not fucking Jonas.

Guest palnese

Sissoko is not even close to being similar to Mata. He's a Yaya, full of pace and power. He's not a natural playmaker. That's for Cabaye and Ben Arfa.

His pace, running, strength and ability to drive us forward on the counter is exactly what we needed. Everyone was losing their minds earlier in the season b/c we had 0 ability to counter and our transitional phase of play was slow as molasses.

He WAS a boss yesterday out there and as long as he's running all over the pitch causing havoc he's doing his job. One or two of those passes will come right soon and we'll score from them.

No. Stoke played very deep and where rarely there to be countered. We needed a more patient approach. Wait for the right pass.

Guest firetotheworks

If stats meant everything, Allardyce would be the best manager around. They don't and he's not.

If stats meant everything, Allardyce would be the best manager around. They don't and he's not.

Was his passing good on Sunday? Did he find his man?

He always look for the hard pass to make so that the attack wont stop up. He dont turn and look for a safe pass to halt the attack like Jonas.

He always look for the hard pass to make so that the attack wont stop up. He dont turn and look for a safe pass to halt the attack like Jonas.

Is there a medium between losing the ball and halting the attack and a Jonas pass? You know, the type Yaya Toure or Juan Mata make?

Funnily enough. When playing alongside Perch & Bigi, Tiote didn't get nearly as much slack for trying hollywood balls "all the time".

Guest firetotheworks

Nah, not particularly, but it's not even worth mentioning, let alone crying over stats about, tbh.

Course it's worth mentioning. If you're #10 can't find his man, your team will struggle to create.

His passing was the worst in our side. People liek to say I am biased so i'm bringing facts.

1 GAME WHERE EVERY SINGLE ATTACKING PLAYER WAS BELOW HIS USUAL STANDARD.

Lets not act like his passing has been poor since he joined.

that count as another assist - being fouled for the freekick?

The premier league official account said it did :lol: don't agree with it myself :lol:

ah come on, you meanie

:D just the way i am i suppose i don't agree with people who say winning a penalty is an assist either :lol:

I can only comment on what I have witnessed, but Sissoko's priority is to play direct into goalscoring areas with ball retention only an option if there isn't a player in such an area.  Most of his attempted passes have a low likelihood of success.

Stats can certainly mislead without the contextual information.  There were several games last season when Tiote racked up 50/60+ passes with a near 100% pass completion rate.  The vast majority of those passes were short distance and low risk. 

Guest firetotheworks

Course it's worth mentioning. If you're #10 can't find his man, your team will struggle to create.

His passing was the worst in our side. People liek to say I am biased so i'm bringing facts.

Your. Not you're.

Just because he's playing behind the striker doesn't make him a rigid number 10. If Sissoko was getting the ball and constantly looking to play Cisse in or if he was just passing, then I'd be more concerned that his game was so one dimensional than I would be if he misplaced a lot of them.

Sissoko is obviously a much more well-rounded player than that and it's plain to see. I don't see why it's necessary to nitpick on the one area of his game that isn't perfect, when he also plays some excellent, attacking passes and glides past the opposition for fun. It's just your usual oh contrare bullshit.

He has 2 assists in 6 games. Toure & Wilshire both have 3 assists in 24 & 18 games respectively. If we're going to be thick and base things PURELY ON FACTS his current passing game has him assisting a goal 1 in every 3 games. Juan Mata assists 1 in every 2.9.

Correction, 3 assists in 6 games.  1 assist in every 2 games :smug:

Which, of course, is misleading :lol:

He has 2 assists in 6 games. Toure & Wilshire both have 3 assists in 24 & 18 games respectively. If we're going to be thick and base things PURELY ON FACTS his current passing game has him assisting a goal 1 in every 3 games. Juan Mata assists 1 in every 2.9.

Correction, 3 assists in 6 games.  1 assist in every 2 games :smug:

Which, of course, is misleading :lol:

Technically 4 if you count the assist for the Cisse goal that was wrongly ruled offside.