Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Comparing a young man who just arrived in English football to the likes of Mata, Toure, and Wilshire who have played here for many years is mind boggling.

Also lets not forget Moussa has completely transformed the way we attack and has more or less been the biggest catalyst for our uptick in results since January. He's been outstanding for us when even he is below his standard (and I've had no problems with him at all since he's joined either)

These type of posts in nearly every thread, nearly every morning I wake up are becoming so predictable now. It's getting fucking old man.

I'm just saying, in that one game, Siss passing was poor. Sometimes, he should be more patient. No more, no less. I know we wear black & white but you can criticise a performance whilst still being happy with the player.

Am I allowed to criticise the one performance?

I say something true and factual. I then get told it's fine that he lost the ball so much because he's trying to create and that I must want him to pass like Jonas. I mention, other players' who create loads for their sides have much higher pass completion than what Siss showed against Stoke and now i'm being unfair!

A

Pretty much what Jim said, it's half the fallout from being a contrary WUM.

However it would be daft for Sissoko to "slow down" when it's his pace, power and directness that has been effective for us, and what won us the freekick for the equaliser. If he slows down and tries to play the game like Mata he'll probably look useless.

I think it's probably because you consistently criticise good players for little to no reason, and are incredibly irritating at the same time.

Pretty much this. He had an off game like most of the team v Stoke and taking into consideration how good he's been since he's arrived you make it sound like there are gaping holes in his play. He had some storming runs on Sunday and sure some f the passes went array but howay man put it in context, he's been a revelation since he arrived

However it would be daft for Sissoko to "slow down" when it's his pace, power and directness that has been effective for us, and what won us the freekick for the equaliser. If he slows down and tries to play the game like Mata he'll probably look useless.

They where a few times in the last game, he skipped past two, looked up and should've played it simple. You know, knowing when to go for the jugular.

i don't constantly criticise good players for no reason. I criticise our under-performers the most because they deserve it. Colo & Cisse have been under-par for most of the season.

Rarely say anything negative about Krul or Cabaye because they haven't deserved it.

You've been comparing Cisse to Darren Bent. I'd rather you insulted my mother tbh.

Since when is Darren Bent a terrible footballer? He's a, last shoulder of the defender striker. Just how people have been describing how Cisse should play.

Would Pippo Inzaghi, with great first time shots and volleys be better? Point is, that lad doesn't offer very much to the team general play. Not sure Cisse's prolific enough to carry. When he tries to get involved like against Stoke, he was terrible at it.

If I say something negative about a player it's like i've insulted your mothers ffs.

Sometimes he should slow it down is all i'm saying. He can do that from time to time when the situation calls for it you know.

Tbf its the way you worded it, if you just said he needs to slow it down sometimes( instead of basically saying his passing is shit) it would have been fine as i'm sure most will agree.

Look man - its a message board, chat & debate all you want. But you know you'll get a reaction when you are constantly criticizing the better players in their individual threads every single day. Has the fact that there are very little quoting you or agreeing with you made any difference? No. You just continue on with your point in every single thread, nearly every single day.

Bent is a poacher, as was Inzaghi. Cisse needs to be the furthest player forward but he's not a poacher ffs. The Stoke game was awful, everyone saw that (even the man himself and his manager came out and agreed) but it's hardly the norm, he's more than capable when he drops back. There's also the fact Cisse can score goals from anywhere and in any fashion, he still needs a degree of service to do this like. I'm not continuing this conversation anyway, it's ludicrous.

If the Stoke game was his debut (and the majority hadn't seen what he was capable of............) we'd be absolutely delighted thinking we'd signed a massive player with the ability to change our play completely. As he got used to the league.

He's had a handful of games, most of which he's excelled in, and expectation levels go up.

He's going to have the odd off game and play a dozen shitty passes at times. Give a shit.

This has all got a bit silly

I have too noted Sissoko missing a lot of passes, he's not a playmaker who will slow down a game or pick out inch perfect passes everytime, his game is escaping from defensive midfielders who may be covering him, rampaging forward and then releasing the ball at full pelt through last line of defence. He doesn't do what many players do and stop if the ball isn't on and pass sideways, he seems very keen to just go for the overambitious pass with the idea being a few times a game he will get it spot on. He will however give the ball way in promising positions doing this, having said that if we are ambitious enough and pressure high it's likely we'll get any rebound from someone intercepting or get ball back soon.

Stoke sat too deep for this play to work very often, the spaces he had to thread through were narrow and while Marveaux managed it was a lapse in Stoke's defending too. Sissoko will have more accurate games and will play against defences that play higher up and it'll work a lot better.

This has all got a bit silly

I have too noted Sissoko missing a lot of passes, he's not a playmaker who will slow down a game or pick out inch perfect passes everytime, his game is escaping from defensive midfielders who may be covering him, rampaging forward and then releasing the ball at full pelt through last line of defence. He doesn't do what many players do and stop if the ball isn't on and pass sideways, he seems very keen to just go for the overambitious pass with the idea being a few times a game he will get it spot on. He will however give the ball way in promising positions doing this, having said that if we are ambitious enough and pressure high it's likely we'll get any rebound from someone intercepting or get ball back soon.

Stoke sat too deep for this play to work very often, the spaces he had to thread through were narrow and while Marveaux managed it was a lapse in Stoke's defending too. Sissoko will have more accurate games and will play against defences that play higher up and it'll work a lot better.

:thup:

Agree with you, his style wasn't ideal for Stoke but in general he'll be a great weapon for us.