Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Excellent going forwards today, but his lack of effort on the first goal was fucking criminal; completely gives up.

Agree with the above comment that he was only slightly better than usual and Norwich were just laughably bad at the back, like. How on earth Alex Neil hasn't lost an away game with them before today or whatever that stat was beggars belief.

A lot was made of that on the TV but I genuinely don't think he'd have caught Olsson anyway. He was already beaten.

Maybe, but it looks awful and it sends a lot of signals to fans ect. Try the hardest you can and don't give up.

7/10 cost us 2, created 4

Bit harsh to say he cost us two, he was tracking one Norwich player and dragged into the centre for the 2nd..no way would he have got to the Norwich player crossing the ball in. Still, should have tried but Wijn is more to blame for the 2nd goal.

Played a part in 5 goals, yet only a 7/10.  [emoji38]

Sorry like but his attitude was still utterly wank at times today. Statistics aren't everything but obviously must be considered. Currently I am thoroughly irritated by the twat and after 6 months or so of being inept and having an inflated view of himself he finally put a decent performance in where the positives outweighed the negatives. He certainly wasn't flawless though. He was a 7/8 at max.

Excellent going forwards today, but his lack of effort on the first goal was fucking criminal; completely gives up.

Agree with the above comment that he was only slightly better than usual and Norwich were just laughably bad at the back, like. How on earth Alex Neil hasn't lost an away game with them before today or whatever that stat was beggars belief.

A lot was made of that on the TV but I genuinely don't think he'd have caught Olsson anyway. He was already beaten.

Maybe, but it looks awful and it sends a lot of signals to fans ect. Try the hardest you can and don't give up.

Just saw this goal, he was miles away by the time he gave up like. Would have been pointless running after him. He probably should have been closer in the first place alright

Weirdly I didn't think it was too different to how he always plays. Just a couple more things came off today.

His final ball was perfect almost every time, that's all.

I can't remember how many times we've moaned about our build up play being good but let down by the final ball. It really is a priceless quality. I can't work out if people slag him because he's giving too many interviews answering questions about moving to a CL club or they are just genuinely thick.

I'd take the odd lapse in concentrating when every time he gets on the ball he makes something happen.

Weirdly I didn't think it was too different to how he always plays. Just a couple more things came off today.

His final ball was perfect almost every time, that's all.

I can't remember how many times we've moaned about our build up play being good but let down by the final ball. It really is a priceless quality. I can't work out if people slag him because he's giving too many interviews answering questions about moving to a CL club or they are just genuinely thick.

The interview stuff I find very annoying. And I can see why some people take it further because his perfomances aren't usually THAT good. But the people saying he should be dropped because he isn't good enough, are thick.

:thup:

Might I add I don't necessarily blame him for that I blame the regime. If he wants to talk about his ambitions though he should play about his ambitions first

Robert used to get slagged for exactly the same reasons btw, giving interviews in France and not tracking back enough. I would say Robert had more quality going forward, but Sissoko usually does a lot more work up and down the pitch.

I'll give you that like but we don't have the luxury of being a quality side now. We cannot carry players and subsequently Moussa is berated. A lot of it is attitude though and as he showed second half particularly (especially for Mitrovic's goal) when he applies himself correctly he's a force to be reckoned with. He just doesn't apply himself often enough.

Offensively on par or better than his game against Chelsea.

Definitely his best game for us imho. Deserves credit today.

This was about 30mins before full time. But yes, have to agree :thup:

Not good enough aye. Not playing well enough is a totally different thing.

On occasion he looks like he could do with a good kick up the backside. But on performances even before today, Thauvin, Obertan or anyone else don't deserve to be in front of him. He's consistently our biggest attacking threat from midfield in terms of creativity. If anyone in midfield squad was going to get 3 assists today, it would be Sissoko.

On occasion he looks like he could do with a good kick up the backside. But on performances even before today, Thauvin, Obertan or anyone else don't deserve to be in front of him. He's consistently our biggest attacking threat from midfield in terms of creativity. If anyone in midfield squad was going to get 3 assists today, it would be Sissoko.

He got a grand total of 2 assists last season. It's not something he normally contributes.

:thup:

He got a grand total of 2 assists last season. It's not something he normally contributes.

He does create lots of chances though, according to the stats but its hard to know what they count as a chance

Would be shocked if he wasn't top 3 in chances created for us last season.

this is what i came in to say, probably repeat actually, that he needs to reproduce it next week, and then the week after for a few games in a row then everyone will ease up on the criticism of him

couldn't give a fuck about him not tracking back either when he's in form as good as that going forward, same applied to HBA as it rightly should

he needs to show some hunger for me and go and play a dominant performance against the mackems instead of what he usually does after a good game and disappear for a few months

People seem to forget what he's capable of quite quickly which leads to some daft critisism of him imo, he doesn't do this every week though, and he's obviously massively inconsistent (especially on the wing) but we have nobody else who can play there since Thuavin is seemingly actual garbage.

People seem to forget what he's capable of quite quickly which leads to some daft critisism of him imo, he doesn't do this every week though, and he's obviously massively inconsistent (especially on the wing) but we have nobody else who can play there since Thuavin is seemingly actual garbage.

:lol:  lets be honest with ourselves here, since he signed how many times per season does sissoko put in a performance anywhere near as good as that? 

i'd say you'd be being generous if it was more than 3 games a season where he dominates and influences a game, the rest of the time he's making a lot of poor decisions on the ball and not creating a lot

we play enough shite teams across a season that he should be putting in 10-15 very good performances but he simply doesn't/hasn't done it consistently enough

i think it's worth pointing out in his favour he's been shunted around and played in fucking pardew/carver teams mind so if they've found him a defined role he likes with the right players in support then we might just see what he's actually capable of

i really hope so

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11939006/Newcastle-United-6-2-Norwich-City-report-Georginio-Wijnaldum-bags-four-to-ease-pressure-on-Steve-McClaren.html

"You will have probably have heard by now, but Sissoko wants to play for a club in the Champions League. The problem is, he has given more interviews informing people of that desire than performances to persuade anyone he is actually good enough to do so."

sums it up for me really

I can only think of 2 genuinely great performances from him, I don't think he's been noticeably worse than anyone else other than Perez on the whole though. I keep reading - both in here but especially with random name drops in articles - that he's been a joke and should be dropped which I just cannot get behind.

I think I disagreed with Yorkie starting him a couple of months back ahead of a proper winger (I wanted Thauvin right and Aarons left) but in hindsight there's been no one else who can fill that position. I think Perez with De Jong alongside Mitrovic possibly but it would be silly to break that partnership up at the monent.