Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spurs fans are coming across as a bunch of sensitive souls. Seems like they have been stung by a few mocking fans and clueless pundits giving their views. Why do they care if they paid £30m? If it was me I would far rather trust in Poch's judgement than fans or pundits. At least wait and see how Sissoko gets on before going into denial mode. It might well be he's a very effective player for them with the way they play.

Spurs fans I know are saying they'll only have to pay 12-18mil for him, assuming he o Ly stays there for 2-3yrs, based on this: http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/revealed-how-much-tottenham-are-paying-for-moussa-sissoko-and-why-mauricio-pochettino-wanted-the-a3334451.html

"Sissoko was valued at £30million and Tottenham finally agreed to meet that price, although the structure of the payments means Newcastle would receive the full fee — in five instalments of £6m — only if he stays for the duration of his five-year contract."

Can't be right surely?!

Probably just worded horribly but intended to mean it was not a flat 30m upfront figure.

I'm guessing it's something like we receive the full £30m if he stays there all 5 years; if he's sold on, we receive x% of the deal or some fixed figure, whichever is higher.

Basically just that there are clauses and conditions where we could conceivably receive less or more than the full 30 million.

I think he could do well at spurs.

He could be valuable for them as a sub, and in particular games that Pochetini feels his drive will be needed. I don't see him being a first team regular, but that might suit him.

When he was at the toon he was expected to be the driving force in every game, he was often crowded out and he would become frustrated with himself, and the manager, and the club.

I think this could prove to be a good move for him.

I don't really have any hard feelings, he frustrated me a lot but what the hell.

Spurs fans I know are saying they'll only have to pay 12-18mil for him, assuming he o Ly stays there for 2-3yrs, based on this: http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/revealed-how-much-tottenham-are-paying-for-moussa-sissoko-and-why-mauricio-pochettino-wanted-the-a3334451.html

"Sissoko was valued at £30million and Tottenham finally agreed to meet that price, although the structure of the payments means Newcastle would receive the full fee — in five instalments of £6m — only if he stays for the duration of his five-year contract."

Can't be right surely?!

Probably just worded horribly but intended to mean it was not a flat 30m upfront figure.

I'm guessing it's something like we receive the full £30m if he stays there all 5 years; if he's sold on, we receive x% of the deal or some fixed figure, whichever is higher.

Basically just that there are clauses and conditions where we could conceivably receive less or more than the full 30 million.

If Spurs have agreed £30 million with us they will pay £30 million. If he gets injured and retires after one game we get £30 million. We would have to agree to any future discount on the amount they owe but why would we do that.

That article is insinuating that he may not see out his contract which is a fair point, however, that will have no bearing on what they owe us.

Can't be right surely?!

If Spurs have agreed £30 million with us they will pay £30 million. If he gets injured and retires after one game we get £30 million. We would have to agree to any future discount on the amount they owe but why would we do that.

To get the deal done and get him out? "look, 6m a year for 5 years. if he doesn't stay the full five you get [amount calculated by formula] as a final payment"

I don't know if the article is even legit or not but prices are not as concrete as you make them seem with statements like "If Spurs have agreed £30 million with us they will pay £30 million." Yeah that's the number spouted by press but everything is subject to this, that and the other clauses with contracts.

Was this not sorted last night on the thread?  :icon_scratch:

Someone tweeted the reporter who confirmed that we will get the full £30m.... just that if Spurs sell him before the 5 years are up, they have to factor the amount owed into his next deal... i.e. they either get next club to pay it off for them,. or they keep paying us for him.

Either way, we aren't going to lose out on this deal.

It'll be a similar situation to when bent left the Mackems for Villa... the mackems still owed money to spurs for him when he was sold...

Niall Quinn: "We owe Spurs money [for Bent's £10m transfer in 2009]. You do your transfers in stages and we owe Spurs for a year and Aston Villa have only offered us enough money to pay Spurs so its not as if I have money burning a whole in my pocket right now. But over the next few years I will have.

"We didn't get handed a cheque for £24m – we have about a quarter of that. So we need someone who will accept a bid in stages."

As if anyone, let alone Ashley, would sanction a deal that means if the buying club sell him on they're free of all liabilities.

I've bought a house for £500,000. I'm paying it off over time. If i sell it before the maturity i don't owe the lender anymore :lol:

Can't be right surely?!

To get the deal done and get him out? "look, 6m a year for 5 years. if he doesn't stay the full five you get [amount calculated by formula] as a final payment"

I don't know if the article is even legit or not but prices are not as concrete as you make them seem with statements like "If Spurs have agreed £30 million with us they will pay £30 million." Yeah that's the number spouted by press but everything is subject to this, that and the other clauses with contracts.

Sorry, basically whatever fee Spurs have agreed with us (I am assuming £30 million because that is what the media are telling us), unless there are appearance addons or winning competition clauses (usually it will say £30 including addons) we will get the agreed price in full. How long he stays at Spurs is irrelevant. They can't turn around to us after paying us £12 million that we are now selling him for £10 million, here it is so we are left £8 million short. If they sell him for £10 million after 2 years they will still have to stump up the remaining balance in full.

Was happy we never ended up signing Sissoko, especially for £30m but could have done without the brutal public rejection :lol:

You dodged a very expensive bullet... well, it dodged you.

For Spurs he could be a very good player, he'll be happy to be in London and playing in the Champions League, he won't have one or more eyes elsewhere and might actually put the effort into every game that he only put in for us when  he was in the shop window.

Everton would've ended up with the same want-away Sissoko we did, who looks like a world beater for the 2-3 games a season he puts any effort into and disappears for the rest.

Or maybe it wasn't about effort and he's just a very inconsistent player. Either way we're both better off without him.

Was happy we never ended up signing Sissoko, especially for £30m but could have done without the brutal public rejection :lol:

You dodged a very expensive bullet... well, it dodged you.

For Spurs he could be a very good player, he'll be happy to be in London and playing in the Champions League, he won't have one or more eyes elsewhere and might actually put the effort into every game that he only put in for us when  he was in the shop window.

Everton would've ended up with the same want-away Sissoko we did, who looks like a world beater for the 2-3 games a season he puts any effort into and disappears for the rest.

Or maybe it wasn't about effort and he's just a very inconsistent player. Either way we're both better off without him.

Tbf, he always had ambitions to play for a CL club, and despite all the derision on here, he's got that move. Maybe if we'd shown that sort of ambition over the four years he was here, then players wouldn't be using us as a stepping stone. I think it's best just to draw a line under it and look to see if Rafa  can change this attitude once and for all. At last we have a manager who'll show these players that this is a club that players should aim to join for honours, not just a pay rise.

Was this not sorted last night on the thread?  :icon_scratch:

Someone tweeted the reporter who confirmed that we will get the full £30m.... just that if Spurs sell him before the 5 years are up, they have to factor the amount owed into his next deal... i.e. they either get next club to pay it off for them,. or they keep paying us for him.

Either way, we aren't going to lose out on this deal.

It'll be a similar situation to when bent left the Mackems for Villa... the mackems still owed money to spurs for him when he was sold...

Niall Quinn: "We owe Spurs money [for Bent's £10m transfer in 2009]. You do your transfers in stages and we owe Spurs for a year and Aston Villa have only offered us enough money to pay Spurs so its not as if I have money burning a whole in my pocket right now. But over the next few years I will have.

"We didn't get handed a cheque for £24m – we have about a quarter of that. So we need someone who will accept a bid in stages."

It's the same as this. Probably happens more often than we know only people are that in disbelief we got £30m they are trying to twist things to justify it.

For Everton he would have been a poor signing, due to his attitude and the fact that it would be expected that he starts every week. But for Spurs I think it is decent business, even if they have paid 10 million or so over the odds. He's at a Champion's League club so his ego is satisfied and you might see him try more. Also as his status within the squad at Spurs will be lower he's not expected to start every game, this will suit him again in terms of motivation.

For Everton he would have been a poor signing, due to his attitude and the fact that it would be expected that he starts every week. But for Spurs I think it is decent business, even if they have paid 10 million or so over the odds. He's at a Champion's League club so his ego is satisfied and you might see him try more. Also as his status within the squad at Spurs will be lower he's not expected to start every game, this will suit him again in terms of motivation.

Agree with this.

If pochettini can use Sissoko as an effective, alternative option then he will be happy to play every third game with a subbie here and there.

Is £30Million a lot for that kind of player? Not if you have big ambitions.

He'll probably make a massive impact in the Champions league games and see his value rise.