Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Wey, that's what Newcastle's been selling to players tbf. Every player's been guilty, but I take the point. At least Sissoko never hid. Good game or bad game he was involved. Wijnaldum was cowardly imo, then tried to deflect the blame onto the rest of the team after he left. I guess that riles me up more than talking shite in the press. It's just a shame that these sort of debates have been limited to 'who's the bigger disgrace?' in recent years. Hopefully that's set to change now and we get players who give it all, but more importantly, are quality as well.

I never saw a lack of effort or commitment from Sissoko. He is an inconsistent player by nature and unfortunately when you are the focal point of a team you get it the worst when you don't deliver. I agree that Wijnaldum was a disgrace. Bad attitude, lack of effort and refusal to take responsibility for anything.

The vast majority of those who left were bastards, whose commitment was below the amount required for anyone to have any care about them departing. It was farcical how only a few years after the initial exodus of mercenary cunts (Owen, Duff et al), we let the squad get into that state again. Both Championship seasons have had the same cleansing effect on that score.

That's what you get when you buy players for resale value instead of trying to win honours. Both Wini and Sissoko delivered massive profits on that score. Are they really busting a gut more where they are playing now?  Really it gets tedious hearing the same shit when they've been gone a year.

It's canny shallow and a bit naive like but Sissoko did rub me up more than any other player. An absolute nothing player speaking so openly about how much we were beneath him - probably made worse by the fact he was almost right.

That's one of the best things about Rafa, we'll not be at the mercy of wankers looking for a better club. It was just depressing.

Wey, that's what Newcastle's been selling to players tbf. Every player's been guilty, but I take the point. At least Sissoko never hid. Good game or bad game he was involved. Wijnaldum was cowardly imo, then tried to deflect the blame onto the rest of the team after he left. I guess that riles me up more than talking s**** in the press. It's just a shame that these sort of debates have been limited to 'who's the bigger disgrace?' in recent years. Hopefully that's set to change now and we get players who give it all, but more importantly, are quality as well.

:thup:

Wey, that's what Newcastle's been selling to players tbf. Every player's been guilty, but I take the point. At least Sissoko never hid. Good game or bad game he was involved. Wijnaldum was cowardly imo, then tried to deflect the blame onto the rest of the team after he left. I guess that riles me up more than talking s**** in the press. It's just a shame that these sort of debates have been limited to 'who's the bigger disgrace?' in recent years. Hopefully that's set to change now and we get players who give it all, but more importantly, are quality as well.

http://www.nufc.com/html/2015-16html/2016-03-05bournemouth-h.html

The day his substitution was cheered by his own fans for one of the most pathetic 'displays' an NUFC player has ever put in. Hid from the start of that game to the second he was hauled off.

The day his substitution was cheered by his own fans for one of the most pathetic 'displays' an NUFC player has ever put in. Hid from the start of that game to the second he was hauled off.

That's one that sticks in the mind like, disgusting effort throughout. Another one those of us in SJP must have imagined.

All this debate about effort and commitment. The guy is just a pretty poor footballer when used in attacking positions.

Should have been developed as a central midfielder in the mould of a Wanyama or Dembele.

In attacking positions he is shockingly unproductive and wasteful.

All this debate about effort and commitment. The guy is just a pretty poor footballer when used in attacking positions.

Should have been developed as a central midfielder in the mould of a Wanyama or Dembele.

In attacking positions he is shockingly unproductive and wasteful.

He doesn't have the technique to play like Dembele or Wanyama. The only thing he can do is transition the ball at pace, that's literally all he's good for.

Guest firetotheworks

That's one that sticks in the mind like, disgusting effort throughout. Another one those of us in SJP must have imagined.

Okay, so never was a bit strong, but again it's the lack of criticism for Wijnaldum, and Sissoko generally being more involved. It's not exactly an enthralling debate for people to read though, so...

That third last paragraph was accurate at the time, how wrong we all were. :lol:

People used to slate Jonas but even with one bollock he had more than this twat, and more technical ability at that. Moussa Sissoko should be part of the French relay team or something of similar ilk cause he isn't a footballer. He was only a threat because of his athleticism and he only ever used that when he wanted to.

He could be one of the most effective players on your team when used against the right opposition who in turn were using the wrong tactics to suppress him and that's about it. Rafa got the best out of him both as a player and as an asset and now he has fucked off he has been sussed for what he is - a mercenary of the highest order, with little to back it up.

It's not all his fault though - it's as much the club's in advertising itself as a stepping stone and us employing dickhead managers who cannot motivate people. With a little bit of hindsight I can somewhat forgive Sissoko from that point of view.

Comparing this twat to Colo too...People need to remember the club was shitting on one of his best mates and didn't support him at all through a tough time. That, accompanied by the woeful running of the club and being surrounded by the second batch of mercenary twats after making the same mistakes as previous is enough to de-motivate anyone...Even fans were turning against the stewardship of the club. It's not the same thing and whilst he had a responsibility as captain I have nowt bad to say about Colo.

The amount of criticism Sissoko gets compared to the rest is absolutely fucking nuts. In a lot of his seasons with us despite supposedly never caring or putting effort in, he was easily our most creative player. There were FAR worse players than him that were playing for us at the same time and there are far worse players playing for us still now.

There's that word again, 'mercenary'. Probably the one thing he isn't. All he's shown in interviews is ambition to be the best he can. He's played for 3 clubs in 10 years, each one a step up from the last. Aye he's a limited player, but he's made the best of what attributes he does have. Spurs were never going to be suited to him the way they play but I could see him being am asset at a mid-table club playing on the break.

The amount of criticism Sissoko gets compared to the rest is absolutely fucking nuts. In a lot of his seasons with us despite supposedly never caring or putting effort in, he was easily our most creative player. There were FAR worse players than him that were playing for us at the same time and there are far worse players playing for us still now.

Sissoko gets more criticism for his bad attitude and lack of professionalism. Again in hindsight the likes have Wijnaldum should have got as much (if not more) but Moussa only got what he deserved. To this day Dummett gets slated by half our fans and I'd rather 11 Dummetts than Sissokos. Regardless of position.

There's that word again, 'mercenary'. Probably the one thing he isn't. All he's shown in interviews is ambition to be the best he can. He's played for 3 clubs in 10 years, each one a step up from the last. Aye he's a limited player, but he's made the best of what attributes he does have. Spurs were never going to be suited to him the way they play but I could see him being am asset at a mid-table club playing on the break.

He may not have jumped from club to club much but he is still a mercenary. He's just not good enough to have jumped far enough.

He will be effective at someone who play the counter attack and his athleticism will frighten people. His footballing ability won't.

Sissoko gets more criticism for his bad attitude and lack of professionalism. Again in hindsight the likes have Wijnaldum should have got as much (if not more) but Moussa only got what he deserved. To this day Dummett gets slated by half our fans and I'd rather 11 Dummetts than Sissokos. Regardless of position.

11 Dummetts and we're a pub team.

11 Dummetts and we're a pub team.

Dummett does his job - defends. 11 people doing their job and we work as a TEAM.

People don't like Dummett because he is limited going forward, that's not his role. But regardless of any of the above I can forgive people for perceived lack ability - I cannot forgive people for the incorrect attitude / professionalism without good reason.

Moussa should have been playing out his skin to advertise himself as a professional regardless of who was managing him and whilst that provides him with something to be excused upon its not enough to warrant the number of games he simply did fuck all for us.

Going forward is Dummett's role though. It's every full-back's role. He's just shit at it. This isn't the thread for it but we're going to have major problems next season if our only overlapping threat is Yedlin. We're going to need to sign a bloody good left-winger capable of killing a ball stone dead from over his shpulder with a defender up his arse next season to compensate for it

You could equally argue that Dummett's lazy for not showing any improvement in overlapping, crossing a ball, etc in 3-4 years as a starting full-back.

Going forward is Dummett's role though. It's every full-back's role. He's just shit at it. This isn't the thread for it but we're going to have major problems next season if our only overlapping threat is Yedlin. We're going to need to sign a bloody good left-winger capable of killing a ball stone dead from over his shpulder with a defender up his arse next season to compensate for it

You could equally argue that Dummett's lazy for not showing any improvement in overlapping, crossing a ball, etc in 3-4 years as a starting full-back.

Again not the place for it...But that is only his role if that's the tactic the manager is deploying. I suspect in a Benitez team that actually isn't his role per sé. Yedlin isn't great defensively and actually that's more what I (and I suspect Rafa) consider his role. That's not to say I think either is better but that's partially why Dummet was one of our most used players. That and the facts there was less competition there ([emoji38]). Showing a lack of improvement in technical ability isn't necessarily lazy either. Maybe, he just simply cannot get any better.

My point in this regardless is that Sissoko often didn't do as I suspect he was told and also didn't have the right attitude. Every one of our players from this season has.

Dummett does his job - defends. 11 people doing their job and we work as a TEAM.

People don't like Dummett because he is limited going forward, that's not his role. But regardless of any of the above I can forgive people for perceived lack ability - I cannot forgive people for the incorrect attitude / professionalism without good reason.

Moussa should have been playing out his skin to advertise himself as a professional regardless of who was managing him and whilst that provides him with something to be excused upon its not enough to warrant the number of games he simply did f*** all for us.

Dummett does do his job, he's just not very good at it.

Moussa should have been playing out his skin to advertise himself as a professional regardless of who was managing him and whilst that provides him with something to be excused upon its not enough to warrant the number of games he simply did f*** all for us.

Dummett does do his job, he's just not very good at it.

He might not do it well enough to be a comfortable premier league side (we shall see) but he certainly does it well enough to be a worthy Championship winning LB. Again...He defends well enough but his attacking part of his game could do with improving.

For me he has always been a CB anyway

Going forward is Dummett's role though. It's every full-back's role. He's just s*** at it. This isn't the thread for it but we're going to have major problems next season if our only overlapping threat is Yedlin. We're going to need to sign a bloody good left-winger capable of killing a ball stone dead from over his shpulder with a defender up his arse next season to compensate for it

Again not the place for it...But that is only his role if that's the tactic the manager is deploying. I suspect in a Benitez team that actually isn't his role per sé. Yedlin isn't great defensively and actually that's more what I (and I suspect Rafa) consider his role. That's not to say I think either is better but that's partially why Dummet was one of our most used players. That and the facts there was less competition there ([emoji38]). Showing a lack of improvement in technical ability isn't necessarily lazy either. Maybe, he just simply cannot get any better.

My point in this regardless is that Sissoko often didn't do as I suspect he was told and also didn't have the right attitude. Every one of our players from this season has.

I think the fact he spent £5m on a regular left-back from Serie A, who's profile is the complete opposite to Dummett, suggests Benitez doesn't particularly see Dummett as a first-choice. It hasn't worked out with Lazaar, but I wouldn't be surprised if we sign someone like that again this summer.