Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"I fell from a high point this season. Even though I never thought I would play all the games, I was not expecting such a small amount of playing time.

Captaining (for the last few games) your side to relegation? :rolleyes:

He could pick out a decent enough cross or pass if you gave him acres of space. Couldn't shoot to save his life, but he can create chances. Wouldn't want him personally but I'd let my trust of Rafa prevail over my feelings towards him

Guest Howaythetoon

Was he fuck. Couldn't score, couldn't assist, largely ineffective. Lung bursting runs are not to be admired. He was shit for us. A nothing player.

You might want to reacquaint yourself with his first 12 months as an NUFC player if you don't think he was very good when he first signed. His attacking play was a massive factor in us staying up in 12-13 then seeing us top 5 or 6 at the end of that calendar year. Admittedly his form tailed off after that.

Guest Howaythetoon

You might want to reacquaint yourself with his first 12 months as an NUFC player if you don't think he was very good when he first signed. His attacking play was a massive factor in us staying up in 12-13 then seeing us top 5 or 6 at the end of that calendar year. Admittedly his form tailed off after that.

He had a very good debut and played alright and the his form nosedived massively. At the time I thought he'd been Pardewed, but the more I watched him closely, the more I realised he was actually just fucking shit. I'm staggered he has made it this far to England being paid 80K a week plus and costing 30m or whatever it was. He's not even an athlete, he's just strong and quick. With the ball at his feet though he's like a headless chicken.

There's still a place for him in any pretty much any side primarily playing counterattacking football.

not a very good one however, he's not got the technique or end product imo

Not many players have, or if they do they lack pace. The few half decent ones are already playing for the top clubs.

Sissoko is and was a good footballer with limitations. I don't understand the need to diminish former players because they have left, especially someone like Sissoko, who had no logical reason to remain. The Spurs move seemed haphazard from the beginning. There never seemed a place for him in the squad, and I'm not sure what player Pochettino thought he was purchasing, though I will say it is surprising how quickly Moussa regressed in this environment. Those funds would have been better spent elsewhere, especially if they went towards acquiring a better alternative to Kane than Janssen.

Fwiw, I'd welcome him back here. He put in quite a few outstanding performances for broken sides in his time here and I'd like to see as part of a functioning one.

Sissoko is and was a good footballer with limitations. I don't understand the need to diminish former players because they have left, especially someone like Sissoko, who had no logical reason to remain. The Spurs move seemed haphazard from the beginning. There never seemed a place for him in the squad, and I'm not sure what player Pochettino thought he was purchasing, though I will say it is surprising how quickly Moussa regressed in this environment. Those funds would have been better spent elsewhere, especially if they went towards acquiring a better alternative to Kane than Janssen.

Fwiw, I'd welcome him back here. He put in quite a few outstanding performances for broken sides in his time here and I'd like to see as part of a functioning one.

Don't you be posting such sense on this forum sir.

Spurs fans seem convinced we wrote it into the agreement that they dont have to pay anything else for him once they sell.

Why the fuck would we agree to that. :lol: Have him for £30m, but if hes a flop sure just give us about 10 and that'll do. :lol:

Spurs fans seem convinced we wrote it into the agreement that they dont have to pay anything else for him once they sell.

Why the f*** would we agree to that. :lol: Have him for £30m, but if hes a flop sure just give us about 10 and that'll do. :lol:

So if they sell him for say £15m, they've made a £9m profit. Believable.

Don't believe a word of that. He was a big attraction this time last year. There's absolutely no way we'd have risked him leaving for a pathetic £6 million. Just look at how Ashley reacted when we sold Cabaye for less than his market valuation.

FFS! Are those idiots still peddling that bollocks?! As if Ashley would agree to that man! Everton bid £25 million for him but no thanks lads, we'll take potentially £6m off Spurs instead  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most spurs fans accept the price and assume it was a protracted payment plan. Obviously a few morons still believe that one article but are a minority.

He'd be a good player for a team that played to his strengths. A bit of a kn0b but there's hardly loyalty anywhere in football nowadays. Look at the treatment say Dummett gets, sure he's limited but a solid professional and never talks out of turn yet gets ripped in to. Why should players show loyalty when they know they'll be hounded out if found surplus?

FFS! Are those idiots still peddling that?!

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/revealed-how-much-tottenham-are-paying-for-moussa-sissoko-and-why-mauricio-pochettino-wanted-the-a3334451.html?amp

The source is their s*** 'newspaper' :lol: With absolutely no official line, made up news to satisfy the thickos.

The idiot that wrote that article even clarified on Twitter after he meant they wouldn't continue to pay as if they sold him they would negotiate and get buying club to fund remaining instalments to NUFC.