Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Didn't France play him on the right wing just like we did?

Yes but there was a massive difference between the two, we expected him to score goals and create chances. They expected him work hard, protect the fullback and give the ball up to the more talented players.

Same position yes, but very different role and expectation.

That's handy.

I understand why people didn't like him, because of him being in the French papers every week and what not, but I think people let that affect how they view his performances on the pitch.

So for example a simple bad performance of which he had many, people would say he was being lazy rather than the truth which is that he just isn't a very good player, especially when he is supposed to be the focal point of the attack. When he did have a good performance, i.e. when the other team allowed him loads of space to run into, people were wondering why he couldn't do that every week when it was simply because most teams don't allow you that space on the counter. Even on his bad days he was usually our biggest threat though, which says more about the other players than it does about him

Just accept that he's crap man :lol:

I understand why people didn't like him, because of him being in the French papers every week and what not, but I think people let that affect how they view his performances on the pitch.

So for example a simple bad performance of which he had many, people would say he was being lazy rather than the truth which is that he just isn't a very good player, especially when he is supposed to be the focal point of the attack. When he did have a good performance, i.e. when the other team allowed him loads of space to run into, people were wondering why he couldn't do that every week when it was simply because most teams don't allow you that space on the counter. Even on his bad days he was usually our biggest threat though, which says more about the other players than it does about him

Just accept that he's crap man [emoji38]

Have you read any of my posts man? Most people here seem to think he's some kind of world class player if only he tried. I'm not one of them

How much would you pay to bring him back? If at all, should be opportunity arise.

Not a fucking bean. Wouldn't take the cunt on a free.

Same.

:thup:

Not worth the hassle in the dressing  room

Strange how Rafa would appoint such a poisonous figure in the dressing room as captain mind.

:whistle:

That was purely man management. He knew Moussa could be a threat on his day and tried to bring that out of him. It worked.

He is clearly talented if he can be arsed. Maybe Rafa thought the captaincy might generate some game winning performances out of him?

Talented as in athleticism aye. His technical ability is shite.

Have you read any of my posts man? Most people here seem to think he's some kind of world class player if only he tried. I'm not one of them

Pretty much only Foluwashola has said that recently, and nee fucker cares what he thinks anyway. Most people are just calling a shit player shit, and that's the biggest reason why he wasn't liked here. Look at Cabaye, most people on here don't really care about him, because he was a terrific player for us and he backed up his wanting away with putting in good performances.

Pretty much only Foluwashola has said that recently, and nee fucker cares what he thinks anyway. Most people are just calling a shit player shit, and that's the biggest reason why he wasn't liked here. Look at Cabaye, most people on here don't really care about him, because he was a terrific player for us and he backed up his wanting away with putting in good performances.

Shan. Can't remember saying Sissoko was world class like.

I do think he was more of an average player than he was a cunt. Most games he covered plenty of ground and was often our only ball carrier and threat. The idea that he was lazy on the pitch or hid is just not true. What he was, was extremely unproductive and frequently too limited with what he did with the ball.

The other thing is, he never gave platitudes or empty statements. We signed him on the cheap to a 6 year deal, and definitely did so under the very promise that he could have a move within 2-3 years to some other club. This is a failure of the club's transfer and recruitment policy, by taking no regards to a player's character. In fact, we actually utilised those very character traits to sign him on the cheap and to then fulfill future profit margins.

Honestly - I struggle to hate him with the verocity that some do. He is a cunt, and a bit shite, but he was an honest cunt throughout the entirety of his time here. Just very glad that its unlikely we will ever recruit a player of his character and motivations again while Rafa is here.

FWIW, Wijnaldum on the other hand, was certainly a player who didn't put the effort in and definitely did fall short of his actual ability level because of it. Yet he escapes with far less stick because he went about downing tools quietly and tends to be a bit more smiley than Sissoko.

The idea that he was lazy is about as far away from being untrue as is conceivably possible. Studied him in some detail at SJP last season and to even suggest that he came close to putting in 100% is deeply offensive to the majority of decent professionals.

He was an average player who couldn't give a fuck and embodied everything wrong with modern football and our club at the time. Found out within seconds of getting to spurs.

He certainly didn't care about the club. But he wasn't lazy on the pitch. Dig up stats from most of his games and he'll have both covered the most ground and had the most touches. Therein lies half of the reason we went down, because so much of our play (by design or necessity) went through a player who scored 1 goal all season.

Well I'd say the same with my eyes too. He wasn't necessarily arsed about the club, and his effort probably transcended personal gain more than it did the teams, but he certainly wasn't lazy in the strictest sense of the word. Technically inept, poor decision making, a complete lack of attacking output, tactically hopeless and selfish in the way he played - I'd probably agree with all of them. But not really lazy, and he didn't really hide.

Guest neesy111

If you really want to complain about effort etc, then Coloccini was much worse than Sissoko.

The vast majority of those who left were bastards, whose commitment was below the amount required for anyone to have any care about them departing. It was farcical how only a few years after the initial exodus of mercenary cunts (Owen, Duff et al), we let the squad get into that state again. Both Championship seasons have had the same cleansing effect on that score.

Guest firetotheworks

I'll always maintain that through everything he was still our best attacking threat. I totally understand the lack of effort tag being thrown at him, what I'll never understand is why that's thrown at and concentrated around Sissoko, when for me Wijnaldum was just as guilty, if not more so.