Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's not supremely talented though. He's a good physical specimen, who can occasionally spot a pass or cross, or lash one wildly. His technique was pretty shabby. Also isn't the smartest at making runs.

Less lazy and more just simply not that good, so he couldnt always influence a game.

Rafa gave him the captaincy because he knew that he had a big influence over the French dressing room that we had. Give the egotistical c*** the armband, which he'll completely lap up like the king he thinks he is and maybe he'll put in the performances to keep us up.

He was an utter c*** and had a big hand in our relegation. Triggs continuing to w*** himself silly at the thought of him though.

What French dressing room? He was the only starter we had that was French in Rafa's time [emoji38]

I don't want him back btw, because I prefer more technical players but its hilarious the amount of flack he got in his time here compared to some other players

What other alternatives could have been given the captains armband out of interest?

Can only think of Lascelles (played barely any games), Wijnaldum (not captain material at all), Colback (shit) and Dummett. Other candidates had either just arrived or seemed to be out of the team (Townsend, Shelvey etc)

He's not supremely talented though. He's a good physical specimen, who can occasionally spot a pass or cross, or lash one wildly. His technique was pretty shabby. Also isn't the smartest at making runs.

Less lazy and more just simply not that good, so he couldnt always influence a game.

Absolutely spot on

What other alternatives could have been given the captains armband out of interest?

Can only think of Lascelles (played barely any games), Wijnaldum (not captain material at all), Colback (shit) and Dummett. Other candidates had either just arrived or seemed to be out of the team (Townsend, Shelvey etc)

The point is a top class manager doesn't make a "poisonous" player captain

Guest chopey

Sissoko in full beast mode was a very good player unfortunately now he's had his big move and is set up for life we'll never see that player again, I just don't think he likes football.

Sissoko in full beast mode was a very good player unfortunately now he's had his big move and is set up for life we'll never see that player again, I just don't think he likes football.

Was he though? Or is it just that he was a relative unknown when in "beast mode", playing against players/teams who weren't fully aware of his abilities/deficiencies as a player. As soon as players had him worked out, he offered very little threat.

There was far more English speakers like, and the only French speakers he played other than Sissoko were Cisse, Tiote and Mbemba I think.

Is this something you've actually heard from a credible source? If so then fair enough like.

Aye, to the bottom part. He was a hugely negative influence towards the end of his time with us. Believe it or not, but I have it in good authority from Schteve's camp that he was.

Thauvin for the first part of the season, played with Sissoko. Doumbia is French speaking too (I think). Riviere, Gouffran, Haidara, Saivet, Mbabu. Might not all be first team regulars at the time, but they are involved in training every day and around the squad.

I understand why people didn't like him, because of him being in the French papers every week and what not, but I think people let that affect how they view his performances on the pitch.

So for example a simple bad performance of which he had many, people would say he was being lazy rather than the truth which is that he just isn't a very good player, especially when he is supposed to be the focal point of the attack. When he did have a good performance, i.e. when the other team allowed him loads of space to run into, people were wondering why he couldn't do that every week when it was simply because most teams don't allow you that space on the counter. Even on his bad days he was usually our biggest threat though, which says more about the other players than it does about him

His goal record is abysmal.

Because he's not an attacking player :lol: It's not a coincidence that France and Toulouse didn't play him anyway near as offensively as we did.

He was practically a DM in Ligue 1 ffs, not really his fault we were asking him to do something he simply cannot do. I agree with Triggs here tbh, people on here massively overrate his ability as a footballer. He's genuinely not that good.

His goal record is abysmal.

Because he's not an attacking player :lol: It's not a coincidence that France and Toulouse didn't play him anyway near as offensively as we did.

He was practically a DM in Ligue 1 ffs, not really his fault we were asking him to do something he simply cannot do. I agree with Triggs here tbh, people on here massively overrate his ability as a footballer. He's genuinely not that good.

He was box to box in France.

Didn't France play him on the right wing just like we did?

Yes but there was a massive difference between the two, we expected him to score goals and create chances. They expected him work hard, protect the fullback and give the ball up to the more talented players.

Same position yes, but very different role and expectation.