Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was winding up a few Spurs supporting friends about this deal. They've fired back with us having not paid for Townsend or Yedlin yet, so they will only end up paying about half of what they have for Sissoko anyway. Then they claimed that the deal for Sissoko is payments over 5 years but only as long as he is their player, suggesting if he leaves then they don't need to make further payments. Then banging on about how great a businessman Levy is.

Surely that's bollocks? I mean I thought we were paying up front these days and I can't imagine we would accept a deal where if Sissoko left Spurs in 2 years then half of the fee would go as well.

Lest we forget he could be on the centre spot and control the ball for a throw in and at least we will no longer have to tolerate Sissoko mini-golf as he would aimlessly smack the ball toward the opponent in the hope it would go through their legs so he could peg after it

There's a lot of these type of comments on here, very disparaging about his lack of control, but he usually creates a few chances, and what he does, he does at speed which hurts the opposition, rather than fanny about doing stepovers like Obertan or Cabella. The way we go on here, you'd think we'd had wild success with wingers down the years rather than have to put up with shite like the above mentioned or Damian Duff. Ben Arfa was the last truly gifted wide man here, and he was hounded out by Britain's finest manager bar Sam Allardyce.

The evening standard saying spurs only have to pay £6m for each year Sissoko is at spurs.  They think that they won't have to pay any more if Sissoko moves on after 2 years.  What a load of bollocks.  If Sissoko goes after two years they will have to stump up the remaining £18m immediately.  To go with what the standard are suggesting would leave it open to spurs to sell him to real Madrid in January for £35m and all they would have paid nufc would be £6m.  It smacks of the spurs media pals preparing excuses because they are embarrassed by us laughing at them for the way we fleeced Levy of £30m.

40 seconds apart  :lol:

I find it hard to believe. We may as well told them to fuck off and accepted Everton bid only.

If that payment thing is right, I might go and buy a new car and try that... Take the finance on a 5 year deal, pay the first year, then sell it and tell the finance company i'm not gonna pay the last 4 years as I don't have it anymore.... tough! :lol: Hehe.

Spurs  :idiot2:

The only reason Sissoko was worth £30m is because lesser players were going for inflated prices elsewhere. If Ryan Mason is worth £13m but has only got one cap and very little league experience then Sissoko is worth twice as much, it's all relative. Yes it's stupid money but if people are going to pay it then of course you're going to want to get as much as possible for your own player.

There's a bit too much checking of boxes going on for my liking, as if footballers were like buying a new phone.

"Ok so he's got two dozen international caps, 100 PL appearances and 8Gb of RAM, I'll take him."

That kinda is how it works though. They're resources. Being an international boosts your market value as does any professional accolade.

That's only how it works if you want the team to end up overpriced and s****.

Aye but that's how it goes. How good a player is - is ultimately subjective. You take evidence where you can. Being an international for a "big" nation is one.

You are all misunderstanding the article. They pay £6m instalments over the 5yr. This only changes should they sell him therefore they'd have to pay the balance straight away. Nothing unusual or clever about it at all.

The journo of the Evening standard article  is asked to clarify what he meant with this his confusing sentence about the 5 installments:

So Spurs can't sell him in January and get away with only paying the first installment, which would be stupid.

What the fuck is that shit :lol: Did they not stop to think why the fuck we would agree to that?

I hate this "Levy always gets the best deal" shite, he doesn't.  He's overpaid on a number of players that didn't succeed at Spurs.

It has been clarified on Twitter. Spurs would pay us £6m for each year of his contract, but if a club buys him before the 5 years if up, its up to Spurs to pay up the remainder of the money owed when sold.

What the fuck is that shit :lol: Did they not stop to think why the fuck we would agree to that?

I hate this "Levy always gets the best deal" shite, he doesn't.  He's overpaid on a number of players that didn't succeed at Spurs.

It has been clarified on Twitter. Spurs would pay us £6m for each year of his contract, but if a club buys him before the 5 years if up, its up to Spurs to pay up the remainder of the money owed when sold.

So the same as any installments based transfer that has ever happened then. Daft twats.

So the same as any installments based transfer that has ever happened then. Daft twats.

Got to keep that Daniel Levy genius thing up haven't they?