Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have to admit I was fairly annoyed when he didn't play it through to Cisse, easy to dismiss it seeing as we scored from the freekick though. Seemed to get caught in two minds on a couple of his surging runs as well.  Still, good performance overall and been nothing short of brilliant since he joined.

I think the pass rate thing is harsh as a lot of those passes were attempts at unlocking their defence with million dollar balls, had a few of them found teir targets we would have mirdered them. I hope he never stops trying those kind of passes.

I agree it was down to trying to make things happen but it was simply impatience on his side. Sometimes you have to play it simple if the pass isn't on.

Disappointing game from him.  The lowest pass completion rate of any outfield player tells the whole story.

Needs to be more patient at times with the passing. A few times he woul make a great run, try a killer ball that doesn't come off. Sometimes he should just play it simple. 

A couple occasions he got near the box he should've passed earlier. It doesn't matter because we scored from the Fk but e had a good whole to pass the ball to Cisse on the edge of the area.  Web Tiote put him through on goal he should've squared it then too 

Bigger point is he needs to be more patient in these tight home games. His powerful runs create urgency as it is.

I told you just a couple of days ago that pass completion rate is a rubbish statistic, stop using it.

It's not rubbish. If you're AM and ST can't consistently find a NUFC shirt, we will struggle to assert consistent pressure. especially at home to a side like Stoke.

I do think it becomes quite hard for us to develop any sustained pressure on the opponent high up the pitch when he plays as number 10. That's not really a bad thing if we set up to counter, but I don't think it's ideal at home to someone like Stoke.

Exactly this. Marv was really the man for yesterday. He plays the game at his own pace, if the balls not on, he'll pass and move. Siss plays at 110mph and at home to Stoke he was too impatient.

Struggled a bit last night. A few very good moments. His one two with Cisse and when he put Debuchy through in the first half. Overall he lost the ball too much. Would like to see him rotating out wide during the game. To make the most of those lung bursting runs.

He was rotating out wide, Gouffran was the one playing the most central 2nd half

Exactly this. Marv was really the man for yesterday. He plays the game at his own pace, if the balls not on, he'll pass and move. Siss plays at 110mph and at home to Stoke he was too impatient.

Yep, agree with you 100%. Sissoko has been brilliant but I don't think CAM will be his most effective position in every game. We badly needed someone to try a more subtle approach to penetrating their defence.

As City have done, we should aswell. Against weaker sides sitting deeper we are more adept with him comming with full speed like Yaya from the deep making that extra man in and around their box. Having someone more calm like Marveaux or Cabaye in the role in the hole.

Whilst against better sides pressing us he is excellent at holding up the ball and running the channels on the counter, and we should utilize theese abilities to the max.

As City have done, we should aswell. Against weaker sides sitting deeper we are more adept with him comming with full speed like Yaya from the deep making that extra man in and around their box. Having someone more calm like Marveaux or Cabaye in the role in the hole.

Whilst against better sides pressing us he is excellent at holding up the ball and running the channels on the counter, and we should utilize theese abilities to the max.

Love this insight; sounds perfect.

I think the pass rate thing is harsh as a lot of those passes were attempts at unlocking their defence with million dollar balls, had a few of them found teir targets we would have mirdered them. I hope he never stops trying those kind of passes.

I agree it was down to trying to make things happen but it was simply impatience on his side. Sometimes you have to play it simple if the pass isn't on.

Disappointing game from him.  The lowest pass completion rate of any outfield player tells the whole story.

Needs to be more patient at times with the passing. A few times he woul make a great run, try a killer ball that doesn't come off. Sometimes he should just play it simple. 

A couple occasions he got near the box he should've passed earlier. It doesn't matter because we scored from the Fk but e had a good whole to pass the ball to Cisse on the edge of the area.  Web Tiote put him through on goal he should've squared it then too 

Bigger point is he needs to be more patient in these tight home games. His powerful runs create urgency as it is.

I told you just a couple of days ago that pass completion rate is a rubbish statistic, stop using it.

It's not rubbish. If you're AM and ST can't consistently find a NUFC shirt, we will struggle to assert consistent pressure. especially at home to a side like Stoke.

It really, really is as it doesn't take into account what types of passes that are being made. I'm sure someone like S. Taylor has a very high pass completion ratio, but how much of that consists of back passes to the keeper? It's simply not useful when talking about a creative player whose task it is to set up goals, Sissoko plays so so high up the pitch for us, an area that is crowded with opposition players (especially against Stoke), and his task is to find the decisive pass. Give me someone with a 40% completion rate whose passes consists of potential goal scoring opportunities more often than not than someone who'll play the safe pass in that position.

It really, really is as it doesn't take into account what types of passes that are being made. I'm sure someone like S. Taylor has a very high pass completion ratio, but how much of that consists of back passes to the keeper? It's simply not useful when talking about a creative player whose task it is to set up goals, Sissoko plays so so high up the pitch for us, an area that is crowded with opposition players (especially against Stoke), and his task is to find the decisive pass. Give me someone with a 40% completion rate whose passes consists of potential goal scoring opportunities more often than not than someone who'll play the safe pass in that position.

Everyone has highlighted why his passing stat wasn't great. Impatience on the ball. It's about finding the right pass.

Compare the passing of other #10's. Wilshere gets 85% one a good game, 75% on a poorer game. Mata's consistently mid 80's. Toure in the 80's.

Scroll through their passing stats to see when they've had less than 80, then less than 70. It's rare. And most likely a sign of having a poor/impatient game on the ball.

Trying to make things happen is great but if it doesn't work out, the team loses the pressure and momentum. In that case it's probably best to keep the ball.

I'm not saying it must be in the high 90's. For an AM, that probably means he's taking no risks. But at 69%, he's taking too many risks and is losing the ball too much. He's not getting on the ball as much either.

Everyone has highlighted why his passing stat wasn't great. Impatience on the ball. It's about finding the right pass.

Compare the passing of other #10's. Wilshere gets 85% one a good game, 75% on a poorer game. Mata's consistently mid 80's. Toure in the 80's.

Scroll through their passing stats to see when they've had less than 80, then less than 70. It's rare. And most likely a sign of having a poor/impatient game on the ball.

Trying to make things happen is great but if it doesn't work out, the team loses the pressure and momentum. In that case it's probably best to keep the ball.

I'm not saying it must be in the high 90's. For an AM, that probably means he's taking no risks. But at 69%, he's taking too many risks and is losing the ball too much. He's not getting on the ball as much either.

It's because he is always looking to play forwards and trying to make things happen, agree he could do with just tapping it off and being a bit more patient, but I also think he's fucking boss

Who gives a flying f*ck about pass completion rate man?

For example Sissoko's was above 90 and he was miles better against Stoke.

I agree in some games we should drop Sissoko alongside Cabaye and play Marveaux behind Cisse.

But pass completion rates have f*ck all to do with it doesn't matter how many passes you complete it matters how many passes are actually creating opportunities.

F*ck off Joe Allen.

Who gives a flying f*ck about pass completion rate man?

For example Sissoko's was above 90 and he was miles better against Stoke.

I agree in some games we should drop Sissoko alongside Cabaye and play Marveaux behind Cisse.

But pass completion rates have f*ck all to do with it doesn't matter how many passes you complete it matters how many passes are actually creating opportunities.

F*ck off Joe Allen.

Yaya Toure, Juan Mata, Wilshere. 3 players in the exact same position as Siss in the last few weeks. 80% minimum. Mole, you try to disagree with me but then end up agreeing with my point in the end.

He wasn't "Boss" yesterday.

If you're #10 always gives the ball away he won't create.

Fucks sake man, I've refrained from correcting you for a fair few pages because you're clearly a bit weird, but you need to fucking learn to spell if you're going to contribute to a discussion mainly written in English.

:lol: his passing was erratic yesterday but lets not act like its been a common occurrence and despite his passing being erratic he still created opportunities for others.

Fact is passing completion rates will never matter, i'm much more interested in how many actual chances he creates and you can't be disappointed with that at all.

Everyone was erratic yesterday its just one of those things, not everyone can perform to their optimal level every game.

Guest loven Mag 11

If you're #10 always gives the ball away he won't create.

So if we take another stat into consideration then?

Dribbling?

Hatem makes and is successful with a hell of a lot of runs, but will be tackled. But becuase he tries these dribbles in the final third does this mean that for example, Jonas who does his dribbling in our last third mean he is better than Ben Arfa? No, it doesnt, so please stop talking s***. Its called taking risks and I am pleased Sissoko has the awareness and attacking intent to atleast try these passes. Because when they come off, we get rewards.

His pace, running, strength and ability to drive us forward on the counter is exactly what we needed. Everyone was losing their minds earlier in the season b/c we had 0 ability to counter and our transitional phase of play was slow as molasses.

He WAS a boss yesterday out there and as long as he's running all over the pitch causing havoc he's doing his job. One or two of those passes will come right soon and we'll score from them.

I'm still not sure with him playing that behind the striker role though, obviously he has done well, but for most part yesterday he was at his best when coming from deep with the ball. Exactly like Yaya. At times he plays as a 2nd forward a la Nolan and I'm not sure that's his best position even if he has had couple of good games there. I just think he is playing to high up while Cisse is playing to far down the pitch. If we could push Cisse to play off the last defender that would create enormous space for Sissoko to play that box-to-box role that I think he's more suited for.

As for him as a player, £1.8m :lol: What a bargain.

I'm still not sure with him playing that behind the striker role though, obviously he has done well, but for most part yesterday he was at his best when coming from deep with the ball. Exactly like Yaya. At times he plays as a 2nd forward a la Nolan and I'm not sure that's his best position even if he has had couple of good games there. I just think he is playing to high up while Cisse is playing to far down the pitch. If we could push Cisse to play off the last defender that would create enormous space for Sissoko to play that box-to-box role that I think he's more suited for.

As for him as a player, £1.8m :lol: What a bargain.

Yep, ive been saying the same thing. I would prefer him deeper in a central role.