Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He has clearly created the most chances in our first 7 games like. A lot of that is to do with Perez not playing a lot though. Also I don't really see that he doesn't care or has the heart the size of a pea. Generally what happens is he runs and runs at top speed for about 70 minutes and then is completely fucked for the last 20. Could be wrong but don't remember any left back getting much joy on that side while he's been there which you can't say for the other side

Not really a winger, not really a DM and not really a midfielder.

Not really a footballer in general, more an athlete.

Reminds me of Dyer in that respect, someone without a defined position / preferred position.

Not a bad shout that actually. He'll probably amount to the same as Dyer when the chips are down.

They also have way too many international caps between them.

Dyer was a far better player in his prime. One of the best carriers of the ball we've had.

I think there is so much more to Sissoko's game that I wonder if he'll ever show or realize. He should be dominating matches.

Sissoko has given up on the club after seeing others like Cabaye/Debuchy go for decent fees and to better clubs - only a change of owner is likely to alter his attitude now and as this is unlikely for the best part of 18 months, it would be better for all concerned if he was sold ASAP....trouble is we are unlikely to realise a big fee for him the way he is playing.

Dyer was a far better player in his prime. One of the best carriers of the ball we've had.

I think there is so much more to Sissoko's game that I wonder if he'll ever show or realize. He should be dominating matches.

Means everything to a player if the whole team is doing well....just saying.

Don't really get where this mass dislike of Sissoko has come from TBH. His head dropped last season like everyone's did... but if you were selling our midfielders in quality order he would be way down the list. Strange one for me.

He has great potential but never seems to give a shit.  Comes across as a pure shop window player.  He'll never be loved, he'll never be remembered, he'll simply fade away like the others.

I think it's because - for a good player - he's not all that classy and he's always mouthing off in the press.

Fairly big jump in quality between Ba, Remy, Cabaye, HBA & Moussa.

I can't see this good player you speak of to be honest.  His athleticism allows periodic bouts of success but to say he is hit and miss is an understatement.  He has a reputation which to me is unwarranted but that's what gives him value, he has never dominated a game, ever.

Thing with Dyer was he had pace and good close control so he could run at people and commit them at speed. Sissoko is basically limited to kicking it into space and using his long stride to eat up the ground.

Hated Dyer for obvious reasons but I'd take him in a heartbeat over Sissoko.

Cue Triggs in 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 -

Don't disagree with anything in that post actually. He doesn't have good close control and does rely on pace and strength to beat players. He's not a good player on the eye but is generally fairly effective

Cue Triggs in 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 -

Don't disagree with anything in that post actually. He doesn't have good close control and does rely on pace and strength to beat players. He's not a good player on the eye but is generally fairly effective

I agree with this as well, he's a frustrating player, perhaps it's because he seems to offer very little defensively (imo) while at the same time rarely dominating in an attacking sense.

Thing with Dyer was he had pace and good close control so he could run at people and commit them at speed. Sissoko is basically limited to kicking it into space and using his long stride to eat up the ground.

Man, when Dyer was full on fit and in his prime, he was sensational. That season he learned how to score (:lol:) he was nearly unplayable. I always loved the fact that he was a player who had no real position, yet we could pair him with Speed and he'd come back deep pick up the ball from CBs and then carry it forward, quick 1-2 passes. Switch etc - but when we went on the counter and you had Dyer do his little classic stepover - which was (if he was on the right side) he'd use his right foot to step over and hit it with his left to set himself up for a cross....he'd get his man every time.

I hated him towards the end, but at 1 point, he was one of my favorites...

Southampton away :sweetjesus:

Man, when Dyer was full on fit and in his prime, he was sensational. That season he learned how to score (:lol:) he was nearly unplayable. I always loved the fact that he was a player who had no real position, yet we could pair him with Speed and he'd come back deep pick up the ball from CBs and then carry it forward, quick 1-2 passes. Switch etc - but when we went on the counter and you had Dyer do his little classic stepover - which was (if he was on the right side) he'd use his right foot to step over and hit it with his left to set himself up for a cross....he'd get his man every time.

I hated him towards the end, but at 1 point, he was one of my favorites...

Southampton away :sweetjesus:

Yup. Dyer was fantastic for us, and before he became a megacunt, was one of our fave players.

He has to start...quite frankly I would start him over Thauvin and Aarons. If he was to get a central spot with Colback injured, then I'd say bring on Thauvin wide right and Gini wide left and have Anita and Moussa central if we keep the same 4-4-1-1 system.