Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If he was fully fit he'd come in for Gouffran.

On the left? Square pegs in round holes again then.

Gouffran's a square peg in every hole, though. Sissoko and Ritchie out wide alternating would be just fine.

Richie's clearly far better on the right and is arguably our best player. I wouldn't take him away from there to make room for Sissoko. Sissoko would be useless on the left as well and would no doubt take the huff at being played out of position.

Sissoko's our best player. In any attacking midfield role he'd piss all over this division.

Gouffran's a square peg in every hole, though. Sissoko and Ritchie out wide alternating would be just fine.

Richie's clearly far better on the right and is arguably our best player. I wouldn't take him away from there to make room for Sissoko. Sissoko would be useless on the left as well and would no doubt take the huff at being played out of position.

Sissoko's our best player. In any attacking midfield role he'd p*ss all over this division.

Yet was totally anonymous against sh*t like sunderland, Aston Villa, West Brom etc. Don't know why he'd suddenly turn into a world beater against Derby, Sheff Wed etc.

Sissoko's our best player. In any attacking midfield role he'd p*ss all over this division.

Yet was totally anonymous against sh*t like sunderland, Aston Villa, West Brom etc. Don't know why he'd suddenly turn into a world beater against Derby, Sheff Wed etc.

If he was anonymous last season he would have been dropped. People are rewriting history here, he might have had the odd bad game, but he was never anonymous.

If he was anonymous last season he would have been dropped. People are rewriting history here, he might have had the odd bad game, but he was never anonymous.

His 1 goal and 2 assists were invaluable to us last season.

Sissoko would be effective on the left. Didn't he play on that side last season?

He and Gini I believe switched between left and right side during the latter games of the season. He was awesome in our last game against Spuds, and the penalty he "won/cheated" came from a lung busting run down the left. Anyone who thinks a motivated Sissoko wouldn't be an asset for us in this league, is just blinded by pure hatred and talking out of their arse. I would still rather we had 25 - 30 million though and bought a player or two that really wants to be here, but if Sissoko wants his move in January, he will know he's got to rip this division apart between now and then, otherwise the best he can hope for is a relegation battle in the PL with a giant like Palace or West Brom.

Was he dropped by Rafa for his anonymous displays? Wijnaldum was, how come Sissoko got handed the armband and singled out for praise by Rafa for these anonymous performances?

Was he dropped by Rafa for his anonymous displays? Wijnaldum was, how come Sissoko got handed the armband and singled out for praise by Rafa for these anonymous performances?

Wijnaldum was much more effective last season than Sissoko was and Wijnaldum disappeared for half of it.

Sissoko would be effective on the left. Didn't he play on that side last season?

He and Gini I believe switched between left and right side during the latter games of the season. He was awesome in our last game against Spuds, and the penalty he "won/cheated" came from a lung busting run down the left. Anyone who thinks a motivated Sissoko wouldn't be an asset for us in this league, is just blinded by pure hatred and talking out of their arse. I would still rather we had 25 - 30 million though and bought a player or two that really wants to be here, but if Sissoko wants his move in January, he will know he's got to rip this division apart between now and then, otherwise the best he can hope for is a relegation battle in the PL with a giant like Palace or West Brom.

This basically. I would rather he was gone and we had the money in, but I can totally respect Rafa's hard line stance with a player who still has 3 years left on his contract. Why should we give up one of our best players unless the money is right?

How many times was Colback dropped last season?

You think he played well?

Wijnaldum was much more effective last season than Sissoko was and Wijnaldum disappeared for half of it.

Depends on your definition of effective.

Every football club use a series of criteria, and software, to determine a players value. If our findings are that he's worth £25m, £35m, whatever, then that's what we should sell him for. That's what every other club attempt to do...why shouldn't we.

He's not worth £25m- £35m to us as things stand though. He's training on his own and sitting in the stands on matchday draining around £80k a week from the club.

Is he really on 80k ? I would find that hard to believe since when we bought him he wasn't a household name and we had little competition for his sig, I don't recall a new contract that he signed, but I could be wrong ? I would think if he's still on that original one, it'll be no more than half that amount.

He's on half that and why we're in no rush to shift him.

Think a lot of his verbal antics in the media have put suitors off.

That's just it though, Colback has been dropped this season once a proper manager has been installed and he's had time to fashion his own squad. If Rafa doesn't rate Sissoko he could always take the £20m Spurs would happily pay but he won't will he? Maybe he should offer them Colback instead for that money?

1 goal and 2 assists v 11 goals and 5 assists.

There is no disputing that Gini was by far the more productive last season.

Sissoko's level is bottom half Premier League, he will create chances with his bursting runs but 9/10 times he'll fuck up the chance with a terrible end ball or running straight into a defender. Wijnaldum has probably found his level with Liverpool.

Rafa didn't drop Sissoko last season because he still had those bursting runs etc. whereas Wijnaldum just fell of the face of the Earth. We've watched Sissoko for years be incredibly inconsistent and never really display his full talents on a regular basis.

No disputing that Sissoko could do a very good job for us this year, but he doesn't want to be here and we've already replaced him with Diame (who is playing in Sissoko's best position of AM). Get rid for the best fee possible and move on from it.

That's just it though, Colback has been dropped this season once a proper manager has been installed and he's had time to fashion his own squad. If Rafa doesn't rate Sissoko he could always take the £20m Spurs would happily pay but he won't will he? Maybe he should offer them Colback instead for that money?

Well we wouldn't know if Sissoko would have been dropped  or not this season considering we haven't even seen him yet.

All I know is that his attitude in his time at NUFC has been disgraceful, especially against the sh*t teams. Considering he's already stated on numerous occasions he doesn't want to be here and our opponents are mostly going to be sh*t teams I'd find it rather difficult to put him back in the first XI at the expense of any of our current players.

Sissoko's level is bottom half Premier League, he will create chances with his bursting runs but 9/10 times he'll fuck up the chance with a terrible end ball or running straight into a defender. Wijnaldum has probably found his level with Liverpool.

Rafa didn't drop Sissoko last season because he still had those bursting runs etc. whereas Wijnaldum just fell of the face of the Earth. We've watched Sissoko for years be incredibly inconsistent and never really display his full talents on a regular basis.

No disputing that Sissoko could do a very good job for us this year, but he doesn't want to be here and we've already replaced him with Diame (who is playing in Sissoko's best position of AM). Get rid for the best fee possible and move on from it.

Scoring goals and assists isn't the only measure of effectiveness, besides quite often you can put in a great cross only for the striker to fluff it.

Sissoko's level is bottom half Premier League, he will create chances with his bursting runs but 9/10 times he'll f*** up the chance with a terrible end ball or running straight into a defender. Wijnaldum has probably found his level with Liverpool.

Scoring goals and assists isn't the only measure of effectiveness, besides quite often you can put in a great cross only for the striker to fluff it.

Having watched most games last season, I didn't see Sissoko putting in many more balls than Wijnaldum that were fluffed by the striker.

I do recall Sissoko running down closed routes quite often though.

And goals and assists were exactly what we needed last season, any other sort of effectiveness wasn't useful in our relegation battle.