Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He can go for 10m provided signs for someone like west brom.

He's our most valuable asset. You don't sell him for less than what he's worth (which is at least £20m, though I'd say closer to £30m) just because you're sick of him being around.

I'm joking of course but I truly wish him the worst.

:lol: ya never know anymore, what with this new crowd of banter knights.

He's never been mentioned as being a bad apple or detrimental dressing room influence like.  Even the stuff in the press could easily be being put out by his agent.  Rafa seems happy with him and happy to keep him so unless clubs match or at least come close to our valuation i'd keep him.

The very presence of a want away player who thinks he's too good for NUFC/'Rafa's project' is detrimental to both.  This makes him a bad apple, regardless of his attitude and that looks like it stinks: he comes over like a miserable self-important cunt, IMO. I don't give a fuck about any of them who don't give a fuck about us. Rafa's cleared most of the journeyman and mercenary dross. Happy to see the back of this one.

Still fairly confident he'll leave. Be too late for us to do anything with the money though.

Which is exactly why it's preposterous that so many (like the eejit below) desperately want him out.

We can win the league without him, is it really necessary for us to keep someone who doesn't want to be here? Is it fuck. No tears need to be shed when he does one.

Just want him out now really, but aye it's too late to spend the money.

Canny emergency fund for January though. Or more likely, just adds to the pile for our first season back.

I think we'll get by for the year. Helps absorb the loss of income this season.

I think Diame has done quite well, but judging by the quality of opposition so far Sissoko would be absolutely running riot.  I never expect him to play for us again, but I don't think it's fair to say Diame is anywhere near his level yet.

He's not. He's got some nice footwork and can produce some clever passes, but at half the pace which is always much easier for the opposition to keep contained. There's a reason no one is throwing in bids for Diame instead of Sissoko.

I don't really think money is an issue for us at the moment, I'm sure we've got £20m in the bank if we did want to bring someone in before Moussa is flogged on deadline day.

There's no way we are spending 20 million on a player like

I don't really think money is an issue for us at the moment, I'm sure we've got £20m in the bank if we did want to bring someone in before Moussa is flogged on deadline day.

There's no way we are spending 20 million on a player like

Probably worded that wrong, meant to say I'm sure there's £20m in the bank in case we did need to bring in more players before Sissoko does eventually go.

I can't see us bringing anyone else in after the Atsu loan though so I don't see the money as an issue anyway.

Still fairly confident he'll leave. Be too late for us to do anything with the money though.

Which is exactly why it's preposterous that so many (like the eejit below) desperately want him out.

We can win the league without him, is it really necessary for us to keep someone who doesn't want to be here? Is it fuck. No tears need to be shed when he does one.

What's necessary is that we get maximum value from our assets. Be that in terms of sale price or contribution on the pitch. Selling him for below market value with no opportunity to reinvest in a timely fashion is pretty blatantly the wrong move.

What's necessary is that we get maximum value from our assets. Be that in terms of sale price or contribution on the pitch. Selling him for below market value with no opportunity to reinvest in a timely fashion is pretty blatantly the wrong move.

I think that's exactly what we'll do though, money will then be spent in January. Don't like it myself for the reason you state but i reckon that'll be it.

This is it really. I don't think Rafa is particularly desperate to keep him, he just wants market value for him. I don't know why fans are so bothered about getting a 'bad apple' out of the squad. It seems to bother them far more than it does the manager.

just hand in the transfer request, lose out on your 'loyalty pay' and/or signing on fee and get sold on, you greedy git. penalizing players for trying to use side channels/social media to 'unofficially' announce transfer wishes and retain such incentives should absolutely be part of contracts moving forward.

Absolutely :thup:

Players have been doing it for years.

If you or your agent announce you want to leave to the media or any media format then you have officially handed in a transfer request and your loyalty fee has been wavered.

See how much talking the moose does then.

We can win the league without him, is it really necessary for us to keep someone who doesn't want to be here? Is it f***. No tears need to be shed when he does one.

His market value is what someone is willing to pay. Your argument comes across more as one made by a business manager that by the manager of a football 'team'. If you can get the best out of the collective, make a team more than the sum of its parts, then how much is that worth? You don't buy an effective team, you build one. You also clearly give the message that you're either giving your A game or you're gone. Get the blend right with everyone fully engaged and giving their all for the badge on the front, not the name on the back of the shirt. Don't see Sissoko as part of this solution. Also don't see him being worth significantly more in January than his 'market value' now. Just sell, swap or loan the egotist.

So then Rafa has been telling porkies if this happens as he said it wouldn't if it was too late - by the way I agreee I think he will be away no matter what.

We can win the league without him, is it really necessary for us to keep someone who doesn't want to be here? Is it f***. No tears need to be shed when he does one.

His market value is what someone is willing to pay. Your argument comes across more as one made by a business manager that by the manager of a football 'team'. If you can get the best out of the collective, make a team more than the sum of its parts, then how much is that worth? You don't buy an effective team, you build one. You also clearly give the message that you're either giving your A game or you're gone. Get the blend right with everyone fully engaged and giving their all for the badge on the front, not the name on the back of the shirt. Don't see Sissoko as part of this solution. Also don't see him being worth significantly more in January than his 'market value' now. Just sell, swap or loan the egotist.

You are thinking with a fan's head, Benitez is thinking with a manager's. If he loses Sissoko, he loses pace and power going forward not to mention good footwork, and good defensive discipline going backwards. Do you honestly think he's going to give that up just because his agent is pushing for a cut price fee to enable a move somewhere else?