Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Diame and Sissoko in the same team. Power overload.

Think all kinds of antics will be afoot come deadline day.  Reckon he will hand in a transfer request before all is said and done. Don't see us budging for anything less than 25m.

just hand in the transfer request, lose out on your 'loyalty pay' and/or signing on fee and get sold on, you greedy git. penalizing players for trying to use side channels/social media to 'unofficially' announce transfer wishes and retain such incentives should absolutely be part of contracts moving forward.

Absolutely :thup:

Players have been doing it for years.

If you or your agent announce you want to leave to the media or any media format then you have officially handed in a transfer request and your loyalty fee has been wavered.

See how much talking the moose does then.

That's not really enforceable though.  It'll just be 'sources close to' rather than coming straight from the horses mouth.  Also, what if one of the fine, upstanding gentlemen of the press simply makes something up?

Spurs wouldn't pay what we wanted for Wijnaldum, can't see them doing so for Sissoko.  It's Monday and the deadline is Wednedsay, if there is no movement by tonight I think he might be here until Jan

Spurs wouldn't pay what we wanted for Wijnaldum, can't see them doing so for Sissoko.  It's Monday and the deadline is Wednedsay, if there is no movement by tonight I think he might be here until Jan

Spurs is the last club I'd sell to for any kind of reasonable price. I'd put a price tag on him of 30m. I'd only sell to Spurs if we could fleece Loathsome Levy for 50m.

Looking highly likely he will be here for the season.

Hardly. There's this thing called the January transfer window. If he's got any sense he'll get his head down and impress the Hell out of any potential suitors with his wonderful performances for us between now and the window opening. He's still got 2 days left to leave anyway.

Fully expect a transfer request and forced loan. I am surprised he hasn't handed one in and made a commotion to force a cheaper move already. Toys will be strewn everywhere within reach of his pram come weds if no-one comes in.

Who will blink first? Does rafa really want a player that won't be interested in playing for us if he stays? Anything over 20m and I reckon we will cave. Considering we would have been ecstatic with 15m before the summer it wouldn't be worst case scenario.

I'm not convinced he's a better player than Wijnaldum and we happily took 25M for him. Both the club and Sissoko's agents tried to use the Euro hype to engineer a major sale to some unsuspecting buyer but no one has fallen for it. The 35M pricetag from the club and the namedropping of world class teams by his agent was all a high-balling tactic and I've thought all along we'll happily take similar money to what we got for Gini. The problem is I don't think anyone is convinced enough by Sissoko and his antics haven't helped. I think Gini is a better footballer but Sissoko is a better athlete. Long term I think Wijnaldum will have a more successful career and I think that's why he had firm interest much sooner. The thing with Sissoko is a lot of teams will be wondering what his best position is and where he will fit in. It could be that a team with money to burn like Spurs sign him as a luxury player who can cover several positions and be a weapon off the bench.

There'll be a lot of movement tomorrow as clubs see their better players poached from under their noses and need a replacement with little time to think it over. I'll be disappointed if we lose him and fail to sign genuine quality because for all our depth in defence and attack, I still think that if Diame, Ritchie or Shelvey are crocked, we will struggle to open teams up (Diame will probably be off to the AFCON as well).

I'm not sure you can define what Wijnaldum is, so deciding who is or isn't a better player than him is practically impossible.  Either way we've got the players we need and broken even, we don't need to sell Sissoko.  If he doesn't go he's not going to want to sit on the bench and Rafa will soon put him in his place anyway.  If he wants to act like a cunt he's got a long three years to dwell on the end of his playing career.

Someone will panic buy him before the window closes. I honestly wouldnt rule out Arsenal.

Don't think so. I think the most likely scenarios are:

1. A deal with someone is in progress and has been for a while. Rafa maybe has a replacement ready to be announced.

2. He'll stay until January.

I'm not convinced he's a better player than Wijnaldum and we happily took 25M for him. Both the club and Sissoko's agents tried to use the Euro hype to engineer a major sale to some unsuspecting buyer but no one has fallen for it. The 35M pricetag from the club and the namedropping of world class teams by his agent was all a high-balling tactic and I've thought all along we'll happily take similar money to what we got for Gini. The problem is I don't think anyone is convinced enough by Sissoko and his antics haven't helped. I think Gini is a better footballer but Sissoko is a better athlete. Long term I think Wijnaldum will have a more successful career and I think that's why he had firm interest much sooner. The thing with Sissoko is a lot of teams will be wondering what his best position is and where he will fit in. It could be that a team with money to burn like Spurs sign him as a luxury player who can cover several positions and be a weapon off the bench.

There'll be a lot of movement tomorrow as clubs see their better players poached from under their noses and need a replacement with little time to think it over. I'll be disappointed if we lose him and fail to sign genuine quality because for all our depth in defence and attack, I still think that if Diame, Ritchie or Shelvey are crocked, we will struggle to open teams up (Diame will probably be off to the AFCON as well).

Payet is a better footballer than Sissoko, but by the end of the Euros Sissoko was the more effective. We never needed the Euros to hype Sissoko as we don't need to sell.