Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It is like [emoji38]

We should able to get more because of his ludicrous reputation but as a player it's obviously a great price.

Benteke cost £27m after he horribly failed at his club, Bolasie, who I actually rate £25m, John Stones nearly £50m, Wijnaldum £25m, Batshuayi £33m, Sane £37m, Ibe £15m. Sissoko is easily worth £25m in the current market and we don't need to sell which should drive that up to £30m if we do sell

Aye as I said we should be getting more but there's not exactly a coherent price nowadays, it's just players going for random amounts all over the shop.

Anything approaching £30m for Sissoko is a hilariously bad buy.

Every football club use a series of criteria, and software, to determine a players value. If our findings are that he's worth £25m, £35m, whatever, then that's what we should sell him for. That's what every other club attempt to do...why shouldn't we.

He's not worth £25m- £35m to us as things stand though. He's training on his own and sitting in the stands on matchday draining around £80k a week from the club.

Every football club use a series of criteria, and software, to determine a players value. If our findings are that he's worth £25m, £35m, whatever, then that's what we should sell him for. That's what every other club attempt to do...why shouldn't we.

He's not worth £25m- £35m to us as things stand though. He's training on his own and sitting in the stands on matchday draining around £80k a week from the club.

There's something to be said about sending a message and not bending over backwards to meet a player's demands though. Fuck knows how effective that is but I love the fact that Sissoko's twisting on is being met with "he's only leaving for a daft offer."

Long term it would definitely help send a message in future negotiations if we don't cave too much.

Spurs get great prices because time and time again they've shown that if you don't pay what they're asking for then they won't budge.

Fuck spurs, they can't have it both ways.. expect top dollar for their players and then lowball us at the first chance for one of ours.

I'm really glad Madrid pulled their interest in the player (if they ever had any), it might teach this fucker some home truths about what his level actually is.

He hasn't done anything wrong technically so I would welcome him back to the squad.. but.. if he was being in any way disruptive.. let the fucker rot in the reserves

How much is he worth to us if he stays and bums the league into next week to get us promoted?

It's hypothetical but I'd say we've got enough about us to go up with or without Sissoko. As things stand he wouldn't get in the team ahead of Diame, Shelvey or Hayden anyway.

How much is he worth to us if he stays and bums the league into next week to get us promoted?

It's hypothetical but I'd say we've got enough about us to go up with or without Sissoko. As things stand he wouldn't get in the team ahead of Diame, Shelvey or Hayden anyway.

course he would man :lol:

It would do more damage to put him back in the side.

There's something to be said about sending a message and not bending over backwards to meet a player's demands though. Fuck knows how effective that is but I love the fact that Sissoko's twisting on is being met with "he's only leaving for a daft offer."

I think that's Rafa's stance and he was exactly the same at Liverpool. He'll be happy to let Sissoko rot in the reserves rather than be dictated to by a player with 3 years left on his contract. Especially as he clearly rates him.

It is like [emoji38]

We should able to get more because of his ludicrous reputation but as a player it's obviously a great price.

Benteke cost £27m after he horribly failed at his club, Bolasie, who I actually rate £25m, John Stones nearly £50m, Wijnaldum £25m, Batshuayi £33m, Sane £37m, Ibe £15m. Sissoko is easily worth £25m in the current market and we don't need to sell which should drive that up to £30m if we do sell

Aye as I said we should be getting more but there's not exactly a coherent price nowadays, it's just players going for random amounts all over the shop.

Anything approaching £30m for Sissoko is a hilariously bad buy.

On his performances for us yes but he's more suited to playing for a better team anyway where he doesn't have as much responsibility for creating chances like when he plays for France

Is he really on 80k ? I would find that hard to believe since when we bought him he wasn't a household name and we had little competition for his sig, I don't recall a new contract that he signed, but I could be wrong ? I would think if he's still on that original one, it'll be no more than half that amount.

course he would man :lol:

Who would you drop for him if he was suddenly available for Derby?

Looks to late now for poor Sissy

Yeah, Rafa did warn that if anyone was serious in buying Sissoko they would have to do it early on as he wasn't going to sell near deadline day. I suppose it depends on whether we buy another winger as well as getting Atsu in.

If he was fully fit he'd come in for Gouffran.

Although I agree, I do think that Rafa will have noted that his best and the team's best performances came when Sissoko was playing as an attacking centre mid, rather than on the left wing where he was pretty rubbish.

Be interesting to see if Rafa would play Sissoko and Diame on the left and centre respectively, despite both clearly being much better in the centre

On the left? Square pegs in round holes again then.

Gouffran's a square peg in every hole, though. Sissoko and Ritchie out wide alternating would be just fine.

Fuck spurs, they can't have it both ways.. expect top dollar for their players and then lowball us at the first chance for one of ours.

I'm really glad Madrid pulled their interest in the player (if they ever had any), it might teach this fucker some home truths about what his level actually is.

He hasn't done anything wrong technically so I would welcome him back to the squad.. but.. if he was being in any way disruptive.. let the fucker rot in the reserves

I think its kinda obvious Madrid had no interest and that was his agent trying desperately to get interest in him.

As for Spurs, didn't they make a stupidly low (relative to this summers market anyway) bid for Zaha last week even though Bolasie had gone for twice as much already so why would palace sell him for that. I get trying to be pragmatic and get the best price possible but come on you have to be realistic unless spurs are going down the classic for nufc "we tried" approach

On the left? Square pegs in round holes again then.

Gouffran's a square peg in every hole, though. Sissoko and Ritchie out wide alternating would be just fine.

Richie's clearly far better on the right and is arguably our best player. I wouldn't take him away from there to make room for Sissoko. Sissoko would be useless on the left as well and would no doubt take the huff at being played out of position.

I don't think there's been a single game under Rafa that Sissoko has played on the right wing. It was one of the first changes he made to break up the Sissoko/Janmaat partnership down the right.

He was ten times more effective as an AMC when we were unbeaten