Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

MYM made the wrong choice joining us...

WRONG!

You really think so? If i didn't support NUFC and i was his advicer i would not pick Newcastle as his best option career wise.

Neither would I, but I do support NUFC, so there.

(I was being flippant, sorry)

MYM made the wrong choice joining us...

WRONG!

You really think so? If i didn't support NUFC and i was his adviser i would not pick Newcastle as his best option career wise.

He's 24 and had an opportunity to jump to a storied franchise in the most lucrative league in the world. He knows he'll get playing time here and the chance to showcase his talent to even bigger clubs. A no-brainer really.

I can't wait to see him continue to develop, and its crazy that he's just 24 but with seemingly all the right self confidence and leadership (interviews after he signed, during the run-in, and his armband at Montpellier). Big fan of some of the stuff he does with the ball when defending and in attack. He has a decent left foot on him and is a smooth dribbler. Something I really enjoy about his game is that he does similar things that Colo does in sort of reading and snuffing the player out and nipping in and taking the ball and up field quickly.

All I'm hoping is Colo stays and takes young Mapou under his wing.

I can't wait to see him continue to develop, and its crazy that he's just 24 but with seemingly all the right self confidence and leadership (interviews after he signed, during the run-in, and his armband at Montpellier). Big fan of some of the stuff he does with the ball when defending and in attack. He has a decent left foot on him and is a smooth dribbler.

All I'm hoping is Colo stays and takes young Mapou under his wing.

:thup: We do lack real leaders on this team at the moment.

They have the same weaknesses. We need to abandon this sentimental bullocks and find a CB pairing that doesn't get bullied by crap like Rodellega and Graham, doesn't get injured every 8 games, doesn't ask to leave the club that pays them a fucking fortune, and scores the odd goal.

Mertelsacker and Koscielny?

What's a storied franchise when it's at home?

Great, here come the jackals. A "storied club" I meant to say, before I'm castigated.

What does storied mean?

Celebrated, legendary, having a great history, etc.

• 1 month later...

Yep, can't wait to see him play more games and grow as a player. Still convinced this lad has got a huge future once he is truly bedded in here and adapted to our league.

As much as I'd rather MYM be in the middle, I think our strongest back four is probably Debuchy, Taylor, Colo, MYM.

We have two very capable LBs though, not to use either would be a mistake I think. Having all of our 3 acceptable CBs on the pitch at once is also not a good idea.

As much as I'd rather MYM be in the middle, I think our strongest back four is probably Debuchy, Taylor, Colo, MYM.

We have two very capable LBs though, not to use either would be a mistake I think. Having all of our 3 acceptable CBs on the pitch at once is also not a good idea.

Completely agree to be honest, but if we're fielding a strongest possible defence, at this time I think that's it and wouldn't be surprised to see Pardew use it. I do also think that MYM will be in the team more often than he's not, wherever it be across the back four (regardless of Taylor's fitnees).

I'm also leaning towards Haidara over Santon as well to be honest. I like Santon but can't help but feel he's a bit of a liability defensively and he's also becoming predictable going forward.