Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Absolutely disgraceful by the club, as always. Even worse is an ex-workmate on twitter....

not good enough im afraid, the pace and rigours of the premier league showed him to be distinctively average...£8.5m go figure

good player in average leagues like most european players nowadays...Premier League separates the boys from the men

Quality equals entertainment...He never coped well consistently was barracked by Carragher and Neville on Sky after Man City. Subbed at half time against Spurs maybe Everton...clearly out of his depth in England...French league is his level im afraid. The decision by Deschamps speaks volumes IMO wasnt deemed world cup quality...says it all

I think Pardew releasing some of the French contingent can only be a good thing IMO need a backbone of English.

And this is why we'll never amount to any thing as a club.

Absolutely spot on. Why wouldn't Ashley exploit it? He's laughing all the way from Bucks or whichever poncey county down south he lives in.

"begin process"? "to offload"? What in the fuck is this? Sounds like some oil company beginning the process of offloading the oil in its tankers in the middle of a protected reef. Which is kind of what Pardew is being allowed to do. Incompetent cunt.

NUFC can try to offload MYM as much as they want, however he's under contract until 2018, presumably on far more money than he'll be offered in France unless PSG or Monaco want him, he can just choose to stay here if he wants.

Quotes from that Nicollin nutter when we signed him.

"He chose Newcastle? If so, he is an ass," Nicollin declared to L'Equipe.

"It is not my fault but I think the manager [Alan Pardew] played a role. Newcastle, this is really not a good choice. They will transfer him the next year."

:okay:

So fucking pissed off with the footballing troglodyte in charge of managing this football club. This lad has all of the potential to go on to be the best centre-half we have ever had.

Another example of chronic mismanagement and it's so disheartening that Carr can manage to find us some of these players despite the budget constraints and you know no matter what we will never see them reach their potential when Pardew is in charge.

So f***ing p*ssed off with the footballing troglodyte in charge of managing this football club. This lad has all of the potential to go on to be the best centre-half we have ever had.

Another example of chronic mismanagement and it's so disheartening that Carr can manage to find us some of these players despite the budget constraints and you know no matter what we will never see them reach their potential when Pardew is in charge.

I'm pissed off with all the staff at Newcastle United apart from Carr.  All 7 or 8 of them.

I'm surprised French players dont see NUFC as a toxic football club now,  club that halts careers with the exception of Cabaye.  I suppose their agents could be pushing them to take the money over growing your career.

Guest palnese

He has shown absolutely nothing other than to be likened to certain other shite French centre halves we have had before.

wew

How are Spurs off for CB's? Pardew wet dream, straight swap for Dawson. I for one would be honoured to see Mbiwa challenging for Europe with Spurs next season (while our menagerie of lumbering oafs challenge for a place on the comedy circuit).

:lol: Not a chance.

We are supposed to be looking at CB/LB, and I can certainly see Dawson going, but no chance we'd be interested in MYM unless it was for peanuts. We have Kaboul, Vertonghen, Chiriches and Dawson, plus Capoue, Fryers and Veljkovic can sub in if needed. We'd certainly like an upgrade on Dawson, but MYM isn't that - who has more value right now? Dawson played 41 games last year, MYM hasn't managed that in a year and a half (and I'm guessing that includes rather more sub appearances). Dawson is "homegrown".

I think it's more likely we get Caulker back.

No I mean best ever since when? Ever?

Pretty much yeah. Basing that on my opinion from the potential he demonstrated whilst at Montpellier. (saw a shit load of Ligue 1 games on my time off the sick with my back) but sadly it's not going to be.

No I mean best ever since when? Ever?

Pretty much yeah. Basing that on my opinion from the potential he demonstrated whilst at Montpellier. (saw a shit load of Ligue 1 games on my time off the sick with my back) but sadly it's not going to be.

Fair enough. :thup:

I think his lack of size and ability in the air will always hold him back in this country to an extent but he could become an NUFC great, no doubt.

One thing that impressed me with him over there was the leap that he had. Often won a lot of duals he shouldn't have due to his spring but for some reason (confidence issue perhaps) we haven't seen that from him.

So frustrating that we should be looking to build the defence around this lad and phase Colo out. His pace as well helps us massively or it should as we could play a high line with him sweeping up behind.

He has shown absolutely nothing other than to be likened to certain other s**** French centre halves we have had before.

Agreed watched him pass the ball out from the back a couple of times in his early days under no pressure straight to the opposition and then put in some acceptable performances before ending up being shit scared of the ball at home games.

Finally ended when he decided to take out Nasri and then take up rugby tackling instead of defending in football terms.

Good player but can't put his demons to bed playing in front of 50k at the mo. Williamson was in this bracket but ended up being bestish in the defence after a while of settling in.

Maybe another year will help as it seems to help other players at our club sort it out.

Saylor is a joke btw should be sold by his backing off comments in the press lately i.e. gone from demanding new contracts to being "made available" and then being  happy as larry here. He should take the hint as thue club will sell him in a second if the right offer comes in IMO and he knows it. Rather keep Mbiwa though any day of the week.