Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

He is popular because Pardew hates him. He has rarely shown much in an NUFC shirt. I do however think he has more potential than any of our other centre halves given his skill set. He's had to play a lot at full back, unfairly, but that doesn't excuse for example why he just threw Eto'o to the ground for no reason, or even playing at centre half against Everton he failed to even attempt to head the ball clear from a big punt downfield.

The likes of Taylor have made a similar number of mistakes and yet still remain though, which is inexcusable. For this kid to be 4th choice, particularly in the games where we had nothing to play for at the end of last season, seems utterly bonkers to me.

There seems to be a few players who fall into that category eg Abeid, Bigi, MYM, where the belief seems to be that they'd become better players under a better manager. As I say, that seems to be based on hope rather than any evidence on the field.

I'd gladly see Taylor replaced as well. However, I think after the Everton debacle, Pardew's faith in MYM was severely shaken, because the player wasn't just bad, he was completely hopeless. You can bank on Taylor producing some kind of performance, even if his style of defending isn't very imposing on the opposition.

Colo was hopeless in the Everton game too (a few other matches as well) yet Pardew's faith in him hasn't shaken

Typical shite management from Pardew, once he decides your crap, there is no way back even though there is clearly talent/ability there

Just don't understand this loan if it happens. He has figured with the first team in pre-season so he is not considered a dead weight or marginalized like Ferguson, Bigi, Hatem, Marveaux, Obertan and Jonas. There have even been pics with Pardew with his arm around him giving him advice.

What and how on earth do we benefit from sending him out on loan. We must be confident of a pretty solid CB coming in.

What a shame, should be getting a lot of games over the blind faith shown in colo and willo. Still tbh he has had a few shockers in his time, my hope was he'd develop (like Colo) and become a great cb of which he has all the ingredients. Maybe we do plan on bringing him back after the loan with another full season playing under his belt.

More devaluation of our squad overseen by Pardew. I know people don't care about the money, but it's not Ashley's money, it belongs to the club. Ashley will take his loan back and probably double his earnings by the time he leaves Newcastle.

Don't rate him as highly as the majority seem to, but dear god we better not sell him without at least two suitable replacements coming in.

The thought of starting the season with the current defensive options sans MYM is horrifying.

Don't rate him as highly as the majority seem to, but dear god we better not sell him without at least two suitable replacements coming in.

The thought of starting the season with the current defensive options sans MYM is horrifying.

I think that's the reason people are so pissed off, if he goes we'll probably just stick with what we have.

If we were actually gonna buy two quality defenders i wouldn't mind it so much, its a waste but i wouldn't mind it.

Guest firetotheworks

I would still mind when we have an aging 'captain', a complete moron and a very limited footballer staying. They should all arguably be away before MYM.

Guest Roger Kint

I would still mind when we have an aging 'captain', a complete moron and a very limited footballer staying. They should all arguably be away before MYM.

:thup:

:thup: and in the order he lists them preferrably

Guest bimpy474

So depressing to look at it like that, spot on as it is.  O0

:thup:

:thup: and in the order he lists them preferrably

Let's hope it is just a rumour but if not, just shows you what little playing pre season means i guess.

Guest reefatoon

Surely we won't go into the season with Taylor and Williamson as 2 of our 3 main CB's. Madness if we do.

All our CBS bar Mapou have histories of picking up significant injuries. This, plus the lack of cover at right back make this move (especially a loan) absolutely baffling. Pack the fuck in Alan

Pardew said he wasn't going to use that combo again, but if we palm MYM off and don't replace him we're only one injury, suspension or Lorenzian wet dream away from seeing it again.

I wonder on what basis Pardew has suddenly lost all faith in MYM? He admitted himself that he didn't really deserve to lose his place when Colo became available again, he was in pretty solid form IIRC. When did a £6m asset suddenly become a liability?

We definitely need to buy a CB if we let Mapou go out, the spectre of Talyor/Willo combining is too terrifying.

we needed one anyway, now we need 2.

Agree.

This seems ludicrous unless we have a signing or loan to replace him lined up. Lad hasn't been given much of a chance, certainly not in comparison to Taylor, who has not developed one jot since he first played for us and appears to have the brains of an overipe cucumber.

Williamson, who despite being a loyal and steady kind of guy is just not good enough for our supposed 'level' and I am not overly convinced by some of the 'youngsters': Good is 21 now and needs regular games imo (not convinced of him at EPL level), Satka seems to be the one they are pinning major hopes on, but to have hm as one of 4 choices for CB for this season would seem brave or daft, unless he is as good as they seem to think?

Had hoped it would be MYM/Colo and 2 new Cbs vying for the spots, gawd Taylor/Williamson/Colo and one of the bairns..jeezo...

Guest thenorthumbrian

I wonder on what basis Pardew has suddenly lost all faith in MYM? He admitted himself that he didn't really deserve to lose his place when Colo became available again, he was in pretty solid form IIRC. When did a £6m asset suddenly become a liability?

Another example of Pardew's utter inability to really get the best from players.

Apparently he's not convinced he's good enough in the air.

Guest bimpy474

While watches Colo get murdered that way and Williamson who has the strength of a wet lettuce in the air. Amazing how hypocritical Pardew is.

Can't they just....work with him on his weaknesses? Has every other sport in the world lied to me?