Aston Villa vs Newcastle - 29/01/13 @ 7:45pm - Not on TV

Beren

I think the most likely situation will be that we play perhaps two new players against Villa and bring on another one or two when the game is under control. It could work against us if we introduced all of our newbies at once, players do need time to gel and it makes sense to introduce one or two so that the team doesn't get all it's shape (???!) knocked out of it.

I would go with Mbiwa in the back line and if we tie up sissoko, him in the middle with cabaye and anita. Saylor may be back...depends on Colo's mental state?

My prediction:

------------------Krul------------------

Debuchy---Mbiwa---Colo----Santon

------Cabaye----Anita----Sissoko---

--Marveux-----Cisse------Jonas---

If we don't lay waste to these guys, with the squad we have now. Bedded in or not, then we need shooting. I'm really hoping Pardew, gives them permission to run a muck and make up for the pile of shit we have been seeing during the first half of the season.

Where are people watching this in town, be good to go somewhere with a good atmosphere. Bar Blanc will have it on round the corner from me but not sure how many will be in watching it. Hotspur in town maybe or Rosie's might be worth a go. Is Shark Bar any good? (birds with big bangers is clearly a bonus)

There is no reason to why MBiwa and Gouffran wouldn't be starting in this match. Just no reason. I understand Sissoko if he only meets up with teammates on monday...but the other will have had time to settle in.

There is no reason to why MBiwa and Gouffran wouldn't be starting in this match. Just no reason. I understand Sissoko if he only meets up with teammates on monday...but the other will have had time to settle in.

Dissagree...he`s quality & would improve the spine of the midfield immediately.

Give him a shirt & give him start!!

Had enough of Santon and Williamson costing us goals. Santon although impressive going forward at times is shocking defensively and hugely overated by many toon fans, if his name was Simpson he'd have been lynched by now.

That midfield three is arguably our best now (bar possibly Tiote).

Cisse i believe is a good striker but in shocking form hopefully we can provide him with chances. If he keeps missing his chances though we should possibly try campbell.

Gouffran i have a good feeling about. How can he be worse than Obertan ? Jonas like Cisse is also out of form and has been most of the season now i hope he finds some but at the moment he is the best of a bad bunch. At least he can read the game and track back although offers little offensive threat nowadays.

Bigi in for Sissoko if it's too early for him.

Krul

Debuchy Mbiwa/Taylor Colo  Haidara

Sissoko

Cabaye            Marveaux

Gouffran            Jonas

Cisse

Harper, Willo, Taylor/Mbiwa, Santon, Anita, Bigi, Sammy

Gouffran to score in a 2 - 1 Toon win

I wish people would realise that Marveaux is a midfielder.

I honestly just don't get what people have been smoking. Even Pardew rightly puts him in midfield.

I think everyone realises that is his best role but we also realise he is better option than Obertan, Jonas, Shola etc etc.

I wish people would realise that Marveaux is a midfielder.

I honestly just don't get what people have been smoking. Even Pardew rightly puts him in midfield.

I think everyone realises that is his best role but we also realise he is better option than Obertan, Jonas, Shola etc etc.

That is enough to make me think he is a winger :lol:

Guest Newcastletom

Krul

Debuchy.  Mbiwa. Colo. santon

Anita.        Cabaye

Marveaux

Gouffran.                      Jonas

Cisse

We've given up.

You'll easily win this one, with your new signings.

Read this:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-manager-paul-lambert-1241001

and imagine how that feels for us.

Club effectively accepted it. We are done for.

That must be horrible. At least when we went down the club never accepted it as an inevitability, especially when we were outside of the bottom three. Even this January we seem to be doing something and wanting to get ourselves out of trouble.

When we got relegated we splashed the cash in January and bought Nolan and Raylor so we tried to do something about it even then.

Think we'll end up lining up like this:

Krul

Debuchy Yanga-Mbiwa Colo  Santon

Anita Cabaye Jonas

Gouffran Cisse Marveaux

Subs: Elliot, Perch, S.Taylor, Sissoko, Obertan, Sh. Amoebi and Sa. Amoebi