Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Very good find

How did he do well, produce decent teams and get good results though when he had little spending money and his star players sold? We've been told the last 3 years Pardew can't work in those conditions?

So harsh to be working in an environment where you are handed: HBA, Abeid, Marveaux, Cabaye, Ba, Santon, Cisse, Bigi, Anita, Debuchy, MYM, Haidara, Sissoko, Remy, Ayoze, De Jong, Cabella, Janmaat and basically you decide you don't like: HBA, Marveaux, Bigi, Anita, MYM, Cabella and you cut 4 of them lose and moan left right & center about not having Cabaye while you've been handed all those fucking players and still can only finish 5th one time, nearly relegate us 1 time and blame Europa League, have us in nothing land the other 2 times, no progress in domestic cups, no progress in youth development, claim you can play front front attacking football and then play defensive wingers who aren't good enough and claim your hands are fucking tied and blame everyone but yourself.

In that Reluctant Messiah book about KK, he said over and over, when his team lost it was 100% on him. It's never, ever, ever Pardew's fault, signs of a brilliant leader.

Spot on, it's amazing that too 10 at the most is 'Where we are supposed to be', yet most of our players are linked with clubs in the top 4 or bigger clubs abroad.

Very good find

How did he do well, produce decent teams and get good results though when he had little spending money and his star players sold? We've been told the last 3 years Pardew can't work in those conditions?

Goes to show eh?

If we can just get a decent manager man.

It's clear we can still enjoy watching the team perform and achieve things, even with Ashley's quirks.

Be happy with Garde like

he's the least favoured on mine, he's beginning to read a lot like Pardew from the articles i've looked at

In what way ?

His tactics, concentrating on defending with midfielders, playing strikers out of position etc, Lacazette was used wide last season quite a bit and much less effective, this year with Garde gone he has been used more as a striker with much more effect (highest scorer in lique 1 i think)

They were much more of a threat for the League when he was assistant but when he jumped up to head coach they seem much less of a threat

this article mentions sitting back and inviting pressure and also playing with much more defensive tactics  :undecided:

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/04/28/olympique-lyonnais-the-tactical-debrief/

Pretty sure Garde played Lacazette and Gomis upfront, with a diamond midfield behind them. grenier was just behind the two strikers.

Love a good diamond midfield.

Fofana, I think.

Don't really think there's any more apt candidate than Garde, given his experience with terrible owners and transfer issues.

Here's another nice little piece from 3 or so years ago, when Garde was relatively new:

As the former head of OL’s youth training programme, Garde’s readiness to blood young players is unsurprising, but the real triumph of his man management is the way he has coaxed performances out of players, such as Bastos and Cissokho, who had seemed so traumatised by the events of last season. In doing so, the thoughtful 45-year-old has proved that a lack of financial muscle in the transfer market need not herald the death-knell for a team’s ambitions.

Privately criticised by former Lyon coach Raymond Domenech for being “too serious” during his playing days, Garde impressed Arsène Wenger at Arsenal with his ability to assess a player and swiftly asserted his authority this summer by jettisoning the 4-3-3 of the Puel era in favour of a sleek and straightforward 4-4-2.

With Gourcuff expected to return for the trip to PSG on October 2, Garde’s only headache concerns how to accomodate the French playmaker and club record signing in his new system. It is a state of affairs for which Puel would have given his right arm, and yet the resources from which Garde has hewn such an effective team were actually there all along.

There was a great quote from Arsene Wenger about Garde: "I have rarely seen a player who has such little confidence in himself transmit so much confidence in others."

‏@NeilCameron5

"I am flattered but I'm not interested." This month's key phrase for potential #NUFC manager. Eddie Howe being the latest one.

RIP Santoon

http://media.giphy.com/media/Ax8ItWw58J0qY/giphy.gif

‏@NeilCameron5

"I am flattered but I'm not interested." This month's key phrase for potential #NUFC manager. Eddie Howe being the latest one.

RIP Santoon

We're not interested either tbf.

So if we do appoint a foreigner and the fans are behind it like all of the paper polls suggest.. do we still hate anyone that isn't a Geordie?  Does not compute.

Say we get Garde, the narrative will move on to "haha, look at these daft Geordies who still hate Ashley just because he's a cockney, even though he brought in a Champions League experienced manager and spent £35m in the summer. Really good owner is Mike Ashley, those Geordies are just deluded and expect to win the league."

Got given that the position is Head Coach and probable issues around going for someone already in a managerial role (in that Ashley wouldn't want to pay compensation to get his man), I wouldn't be too disappointed with giving Hoddle a go.

He was a fantastic player and by all accounts a very good coach and his teams were usually set up to play attractive football.  After his fiasco with the Eileen Drewery stuff and his ill advised comments about people with disabilities he hasn't had a look in.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he got the job.

Got given that the position is Head Coach and probable issues around going for someone already in a managerial role (in that Ashley wouldn't want to pay compensation to get his man), I wouldn't be too disappointed with giving Hoddle a go.

He was a fantastic player and by all accounts a very good coach and his teams were usually set up to play attractive football.  After his fiasco with the Eileen Drewery stuff and his ill advised comments about people with disabilities he hasn't had a look in.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he got the job.

Hoddle :anguish:

So if we do appoint a foreigner and the fans are behind it like all of the paper polls suggest.. do we still hate anyone that isn't a Geordie?  Does not compute.

Nah, we'll just hate cockerneys then.

Give me a forrin over a cockney any day :thup:

Hoddle wouldn't be my first choice by any means but I can see him as having a good chance of getting it.

Hoddle is only remembered for his personal beliefs which, mad as they were, didn't affect his teams. I'm not sure how it's gone for him in Spain with trying to give a second chance to those youngsters who didn't quite make it but I'd like to think that it's a sign of a man with a positive outlook and a willingness to give youngsters a chance. Given our philosophy for buying that would hopefully be a good thing.

Let's me honest, current well respected managers are hardly going to be falling over themselves to work under Ashley.