Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I don't see why the transfer window is being considered here.  We all know transfers are not in the remit of the head coach role.  Whoever comes in will work with what he is given, whether we choice to invest in January or not.

I don't see why the transfer window is being considered here.  We all know transfers are not in the remit of the head coach role.  Whoever comes in will work with what he is given, whether we choice to invest in January or not.

It will look better if the sissoko and cisse are sold before the new head coach comes in

I honestly think that if hull lose their next game, bruce will get sacked.

fucking hope not.  Was it not rumoured that he was high on Carr's list?  Would be ready to start straight away etc.

Hope it happens after we appoint Garde.  Can just picture his wee fat face crying.

Alan Pardew - Manager of the year - 5th place finish - Europa league quarter final. Means sweet F A Santoon.

We all know that it doesn't make Pardew great, and I am firmly under the belief that Swansea winning that cup was more down to the set up in place and the philosophy built by previous managers, and the luck of the draw for a couple of rounds, mainly the final. All of that was more important than Laudrups influence upon that squad.

Garde's still my first choice, like the sound of everything I've read about him and he could be a real long term solution.  As much as Laudrup's a good coach and had Swansea playing nice Football he never stays anywhere for more than a season or two.  I'd certainly be happy with him, but not my first choice.

I can't get my head around so many journalists dismissing Tuchel as a viable option for a short term appointment. Yes, he is apparently tied in a contract with Mainz until the end of the season, but surely, if he was interested of course, Mainz would be more than willing to negotiate on that score. I'm confident they would rather receives some money for him and see him leave the country than move to a rival Bundesliga team for free in a few months. Providing the "lists of candidates" are somewhat correct, that makes two excellent candidates available immediately. We just got 3.5m for Pardew for crying out loud, I'm sure we could afford to get a good manager in now and arrange whatever they need in terms of backroom staff a few months down the line if they are currently in a job they don't want to leave mid season.

I have no doubt that if we fail to appoint anyone short term they will tell us that it is beneficial to wait until the summer when our first choice candidates are available, only to see all of them turn us down, and we'll happily give John Carver the job permanently. It's now or never for a creditable appointment - there are at least two excellent candidates available.