Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

But by wanting to get out the Championship, you're aiming for future mundane nothingness.

Yeah exactly I just can't understand this way of thinking. It's mental :lol:

This way of thinking gives you at least one season of ambition and something to try and win.  The other way is the endless quest for 45 points and nothing more over and over and over and over again.

Rumour has it McClaren might be in for the chop at Derby, I hate to think what that means.

But by wanting to get out the Championship, you're aiming for future mundane nothingness.

This way of thinking gives you at least one season of ambition and something to try and win.  The other way is the endless quest for 45 points and nothing more over and over and over and over again.

Still not sold on it. Getting out of championship isn't ambition

Rumour has it McClaren might be in for the chop at Derby, I hate to think what that means.

He blew us out too. Would probably come if we stay up though.

Not sure Ashley takes kindly to rejection. I can't see it happening now. It's going to be Carver as it's the cheapest option.

If he goes in the future then it'll be Stone or Beardsley. I'm actually surprised he hasn't given a 'senior' player the role as a player/coach.

Still not sold on it. Getting out of championship isn't ambition

Whey, we can aim for 8th - 17th again and go out of the cups as quickly as possible, eh?  Much better, at least my company gets loads of exposure and I get to rake in millions of Sky money.

Fuck, no, I get to be bored senseless watching a pointless advertising vehicle not compete.

Never mind.  HSDU.

Just had a look cause I genuinely couldnt remember the last foreign manager we had, and it was Gullit in 98/99  Other than that, we had Ardiles in 91/92.

What's the problem with foreign managers?

Just had a look cause I genuinely couldnt remember the last foreign manager we had, and it was Gullit in 98/99  Other than that, we had Ardiles in 91/92.

What's the problem with foreign managers?

Foreigners don't understand the club and the Northeast, whereas men like Carver do. Results clearly show this.

Three names in the frame according to tomorrow's Journal:

Remi Garde

Steve McClaren

John Carver

:mackems:

:lol: :lol:

Could have had two of them permanently in the first week in January.

Derby will be kicking themselves, could have had a compen a few weeks ago and now they have to pay up McClaren's contract.

Still got this horrible feeling no matter what division we end up it will be Charver

If it is, he won't last long.  A bunch of new players won't disguise his incompetence.  It will just be a case of whether the club sack him in time as they do like to dither over the really important decisions.

Derby will be kicking themselves, could have had a compen a few weeks ago and now they have to pay up McClaren's contract.

Still got this horrible feeling no matter what division we end up it will be Charver

compensation from who?

compensation from who?

:lol:

Steph asks: read your piece about the same 3 candidates for job as Jan. why is Carver still in the running? Or is it just dangling a carrot so he gets us over the line tomorrow?

Mark answers: If you speak to anyone at the club they'll tell you John Carver is still a candidate and it was interesting this week to receive a text from a United staff member reminding us not to call him "interim coach" in one of our articles! If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd start putting two and two together there....

Similarly when there was a denial of the Christophe Galtier rumours earlier this month, they copied Carver into that denial to make it clear they weren't talking to anyone. Was that out of respect to JC or to show him that he's still in the running? Well, what are we meant to think?

In all seriousness, I can't see him getting the job permanently. I think you might be right - they want to shore up Carver's position and don't want to weaken it when he needs the players, staff and everyone else behind him.

Steph asks: read your piece about the same 3 candidates for job as Jan. why is Carver still in the running? Or is it just dangling a carrot so he gets us over the line tomorrow?

Mark answers: If you speak to anyone at the club they'll tell you John Carver is still a candidate and it was interesting this week to receive a text from a United staff member reminding us not to call him "interim coach" in one of our articles! If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd start putting two and two together there....

Similarly when there was a denial of the Christophe Galtier rumours earlier this month, they copied Carver into that denial to make it clear they weren't talking to anyone. Was that out of respect to JC or to show him that he's still in the running? Well, what are we meant to think?

In all seriousness, I can't see him getting the job permanently. I think you might be right - they want to shore up Carver's position and don't want to weaken it when he needs the players, staff and everyone else behind him.

That's my take on it too. They don't want the undermine the manager (more so than he manages to undermine himself, anyway), when relegation is on the line.