Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Guest Howaythetoon

Under SMC he was behind Simpson et al in the influencing things pecking order which I'm sure demoralised him because I think he was originally kind of head hunted to become more than just a bit part player here. I'd persevere with him in a coaching capacity but as manager in the championship.... we may as will give it to Colo!

Martinez if he leaves, Rodgers, would'nt rule out Moyes being interested if we are willing to pay a manager.

Could absolutely see us trying to save money on cathro or going for a tried and tested dinosaur like Bruce. Ashley and the cronies have absolutely no grasp of reality as to what this club or the fans want/need.  Appointing Pearson Is another strong possibility who would be horrible just on the notion he is a disciplinarian and the club needs it.

Need a manager that has proven track record in that division imo.

Short term contract then get a manager suited to building a team back in the PL with a wider brief on style/squad development.

Promotion is everything.

Not gonna be palatable at all but the likes of Bruce, Warnock and the ilk who have that experience would fit the bill.

Why not??

Too good for us?? :lol:

Aye he's a cunt but...

He gets results. Not nice, not particularly pretty at all but he has a pedigree at that level.

MCcarthy, Bruce, Hughton? et al have to be considered too in all reality.

Taking a punt on a 'Garde' type appointment would be much riskier imo.

As I said short term only. IE get us the fuck out of this shit division and then shake hands and say goodbye.

Short term contract then get a manager suited to building a team back in the PL with a wider brief on style/squad development.

Promotion is everything.

Not gonna be palatable at all but the likes of Bruce, Warnock and the ilk who have that experience would fit the bill.

Better picking the right guy for a project. This club needs completely gutting. I think the short term appointment to get us promoted could work but consistency is key if we can get the right person in. Does he have a ruthless streak still in him to do that or has he learnt from the hughton sacking which was the last time this club was actually a football club that connected and resonated with the fans.

we need the new manager in the minute the season ends and Rafa walks. I hope we are already sounding people out.

Promotion is everything.

Better picking the right guy for a project. This club needs completely gutting. I think the short term appointment to get us promoted could work but consistency is key if we can get the right person in. Does he have a ruthless streak still in him to do that or has he learnt from the hughton sacking which was the last time this club was actually a football club that connected and resonated with the fans.

we need the new manager in the minute the season ends and Rafa walks. I hope we are already sounding people out.

Not a chance. :lol:

Promotion is everything.

Better picking the right guy for a project. This club needs completely gutting. I think the short term appointment to get us promoted could work but consistency is key if we can get the right person in. Does he have a ruthless streak still in him to do that or has he learnt from the hughton sacking which was the last time this club was actually a football club that connected and resonated with the fans. :snod:

we need the new manager in the minute the season ends and Rafa walks. I hope we are already sounding people out.  O0

The project thing would be great and someone like a Howe/Karanka could be fantastic. Someone to shape the side and club but that's quite a risk in getting us back up in double quick time IE at first time of asking,

Why not??

Too good for us?? :lol:

Aye he's a cunt but...

He gets results. Not nice, not particularly pretty at all but he has a pedigree at that level.

MCcarthy, Bruce, Hughton? et al have to be considered too in all reality.

Taking a punt on a 'Garde' type appointment would be much riskier imo.

As I said short term only. IE get us the fuck out of this shit division and then shake hands and say goodbye.

In some respects he'd be perfect because he's such a cunt, he'd fit right in with the rest of the hierarchy.

If we are looking at it purely from a footballing aspect, he's exactly the kind of dinosaur that has no place in modern football. Absolutely no chance anyone like him would get us out of the championship; well he'd probably get us into Division 1.

Guest reefatoon

Makes no difference who comes in with the bunch of cowards we have as players. This whole squad needs kicking out before anyone can come in and make any kind of difference. If they can't listen to Rafa then they will listen to no one.

Promotion is everything.

Not a chance. :lol:

Granted.  But that's what is needed.

As I've said before I fully expect us to fuck around all summer like last time. Shipping players out but not much else. Our saving grace might be the fact we will relegated well in advance of the last game. Benitez will have let the board know he is leaving by then. Hopefully we don't get into a game of him stringing us along just to see if he gets the Spain gig which looks highly probably.

Still can't get over the fact that someone mentioned Warnock as a possibility. 

I merely was suggesting that that type of manager, one with a proven record within that division, may be the best option to plump for in the very short term.

I am no Colin fan (however it would be stupid in the extreme to not recognise the job he is currently doing with Rotherham), and am not suggesting he is or should be the number 1 target for us!

We have two choices really as far as I see it (3 if Benitez stays: which he most probably won't).

1) Appoint a manager to manage a project moving forward.

An ambitious forward thinking manager (Howe type) to build something over a few seasons. This may take longer to come up but provide a root and branch change within the club.

Let's be honest that sounds way above the competency levels for Charnley and Ashley

2) Make a very short term appointment. looking at the track records of guys who have done it in that division, and make a calculated risk assessment based on that. It may not be palatable but people like Bruce, MCcarthy, Hughton etc have a history of getting promotion or being there or thereabouts. It's not guaranteed obviously, but it may be seen as a more risk averse option in the short term.

This may fit the hierarchy at NUFC better, though even this may be beyond their competency level.

There seems to be (without scientifically graphing it or analysing it) a grade of manager who performs well at that level then fails in the PL.

It may be a short term option to use them to get up then look at a 'better class' of manager to take us forward after that.

Chances are they will simply go for the cheap, available option and if Pulis leaves West Brom (and I don't think it's a great relationship with the owner/chairman?) then he would be my guess at who they may well appoint.

Short term options just paper over the cracks for me.

Yes we need to get back into the PL, but at the expense of rebuilding? What's the point.

I'd happily take a couple of years if it meant that we could rebuild and start again. Hiring someone 'who knows that level' is very shortsighted and will just see us in exactly the same situation again in a few years.

Oh I totally agree JH.

Short term option could only be successful (in the longer term context) if seen as part of a bigger plan to revitalise the club. I agree we nay well get back up quicker but without then proper replanning we would be back in the same shit within a very short space of time.

In all honesty I have zero faith at all in the current senior management structure getting any appointment right at the club.

They will have learnt fuck all from this season.