Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

McClaren’s work at the iPro Stadium in the last year has restored his reputation but when asked about Newcastle in the wake of reports that Alan Pardew is set to take over at Crystal Palace, he replied: “I think there have been about 10 linked. It’s the speculation season and all we can do is focus on what we are doing. We’ve got big games coming up and a job to do here.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/30/derby-county-leeds-united-championship-match-report

Hmm, not exactly saying he's not interested there is he....

He's interested, he's just trying not to offend.

Guest antz1uk

@Smudge1962: BREAKING - Championship club set to rebuff Newcastle's imminent official approach to speak to their manager. #nufc

:giggs:

My neighbour is a Derby fan, he's been raving for ages about what a great job McClaren is doing there, says they've been playing really nice football as well.

Was winding him up this morning that we were going to nick their manager, didn't actually think it would be a real possibility though!

Yeah went to watch Derby on the 20th against Norwich. Have family there. He is highly thought of here and is the team he had built.

Game was absolutely rancid though. Derby looked full of cloggers, scared to attack and out of ideas other than giving it to Ibe. Who was pretty slow and clueless himself. Played it back to the keeper at every opportunity and refused to close down. Told it was an off day. Even Will Hughes was nothing to write home about when he came on. Looked alot like us under Pardew tbh but at a lower level. Just one game though.

Is it even a decent source or are people going out of their minds because they saw the word "BREAKING"? :lol:

Just another football journalist. Nothing more, nothing less.

Reckons he knows people close to Ashley, but then so does every cunt.

That journalist has been ahead of others on NUFC stuff before.  He was the first to say we were going to put a bid in for Neil Taylor.

I think McLaren has always been keen to manage us.  Didn't we speak to him when Shepherd was here and he was manager at Boro.  I think Gibson then found out about it or something and nothing came of it.

I cannot imagine any Championship club who are currently looking like serious promotion candidates letting their manager leave unless they kick up a fuss.  I don't think Howe would be that keen to relocate from Bournemouth either.

Isn't this exciting!

With Pulis out the picture I'm failry relaxed tbh.

It won't be Carver or Beardsley Colo, ok until we make an appointment yes but not longer term, so as far as the rest are concerned I would be happy with Mclaren, Rosler, Sherwood et al.

Adkins had a good rep for a while and I think is a decent coach (can't see it being him myself), as for The De Boers. Klopps and Galtier's I guess we just never know with MA but unlikely imo.

It isn't gonna be fuckwit, smug twat face though and that is the best start to 2015 I could imagine.