Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

If we wanted him and were willing to pay a decent salary (next years prem money could change the thinking on this) then I definitely think Rafa would consider coming here. He's apparently available, no compensation, and says he wants to work in this country, family settled etc.  None of the champions league teams jobs are available and we're certainly a club with a big profile which no doubt would suit him.

Just can't see Martinez, Apart from the Whelan connection there's also his statements over the Haidara incident which must have really got up the club's nose at the time. Can't see him working closely with Llambias somehow. Whereas Rafa and Llambias might be nicely combative behind the scenes, which seems to be the management style him and Ashley like!

at West Ham he certainly tried to play football in the "west ham way" can't say I've seen a lot of Watford this season but can't imagine he'd suddenly turn into a Pulis clone in the meantime

:lol:

cheers, just wondered about zola like as noone seems to have mentioned him

Just came to think of Zola as well, realistic option and by the looks of it Watford has been scoring a shitload. Best part is, he's an extremely likeable guy and I have no doubt he'd help Cisse out a lot to develop more.

Maybe not the best choice around, but certainly one I think we should be looking at.

This is an acceptable selection criteria for a new manager? :lol:

Never seen his team play, know very little about how they're actually doing. But, nice guy.

Like I said earlier. At the moment I just want a manager who comes in here and gets us scoring goals even if that means losing 5-4. Been tired of the dreadful football presented to us by this team for 80% of the last 2 years.

at West Ham he certainly tried to play football in the "west ham way" can't say I've seen a lot of Watford this season but can't imagine he'd suddenly turn into a Pulis clone in the meantime

:lol:

cheers, just wondered about zola like as noone seems to have mentioned him

Just came to think of Zola as well, realistic option and by the looks of it Watford has been scoring a shitload. Best part is, he's an extremely likeable guy and I have no doubt he'd help Cisse out a lot to develop more.

Maybe not the best choice around, but certainly one I think we should be looking at.

Wouldn't take Zola, for starters his preferred formation is 352. He's got some real quality players to help him at Watford, too. The likes of Vydra, Abdi, Chalobah, Forrestieri and obviously Almunia are easily Premiership class from what I've seen.

I'd really like us to go for Vydra as it happens, only 20, won Championship player of the season, plays for the Czech Republic, looks top quality when I've seen him live and my Watford mates rave about him, and they generally know their stuff.

Haven't seen them, that's fair enough for me. I just looked at amount of goals and what I've heard from their playing style. :thup: Don't know a smack about their players so I'll take those arguments :thup:

Guest Craig-NUFC

I'm unsure on Gary Neville. Whilst I do think he'll eventually become a top manager/coach, he's yet to have any coaching experience at a club. To pluck someone with so little experience straight from the Sky studio would be a huge risk. Couldnt see Ashley doing it. I've got a feeling Neville wouldnt take the job either, think he really wants to learn the trade and not just jump in at the deep end.

Aye. He's said he's had a few offers but doesn't feel ready to manage yet.

I reckon Rafa Nadal would be a better manager than Pardew.

Nonsense. He will just be exactly like Pardew. 99% of the time the ball is in the air and nowhere near the short passing game we want, and a game principled on 'run faster, jump higher'.

Awful manager.

Unfortunately unless we get relegated and even then it wouldn't be certain, we are stuck with the twat. More percentage underwhelming football, while our better more technical players scramble to leave. HBA and Cabaye to start.

Am i the only one that doesnt want Martinez? He's not particularly impressed me. Granted he works on a small budget and his best players get nicked but his team looks absolutely fucking shite until the last few games of the season when they pull themselves out.

Am i the only one that doesnt want Martinez? He's not particularly impressed me. Granted he works on a small budget and his best players get nicked but his team looks absolutely f***ing s**** until the last few games of the season when they pull themselves out.

Nope, they play decent football, it's just that his team is full of league 1ers and championship players.

Guest bimpy474

I reckon Rafa Nadal would be a better manager than Pardew.

He'd be ace

Fault.

Would like to hear what Deuce has got to say on this.

I wonder what Deuce has to say on the matter.

Double fault.

Guest Howaythetoon

Get Ginola in. He's French, speaks English, knows the league, knows the club and area and importantly the fans. That and he's a suave good looking mother fucker who would surely bring flair and charm to our play/team. Or maybe not. Quite frankly after the absolute dross we have endured for the majority of the time since the days of Sir Bobby, I'd be game for the outlandish.

Rafa to the Toon was doing the rounds at the weekend. He for me is still one of the best coaches in the game but he's not the most positive of managers. Mind, his main philosophy is possession football. Valencia were a joy to watch and Liverpool, although a tad boring, were very functional and efficient. Furthermore he more than most would be good for our chances of a trophy via a cup run.

He is a control freak and wouldn't be happy with having players recruited for the side by others and there is no way Ashley would appoint such a confrontational manager as Rafa. I'd be delighted with such an appointment though.

Martinez would be a fascinating choice, someone who could work, but this club man, it can be a bitch of a club to manage and I'd worry whether he would have the metal if you like to deal with the pressure. Wigan is easy street for him. NUFC, a few defeats and its a crisis.

Moyes? :lol: No chance. I wouldn't want Redknapp either.

Seriously, all things considered, I personally would go for Jol. He's a safe appointment in many ways and while I haven't been too impressed with his Fulham side, he is several levels above Pardew and his general philosophy is to get the ball down and for the better players to express themselves. Furthermore, he can work with having players recruited for the team without much input as that's how things happened at Spurs and I imagine in Holland too. I'm also sure Ashley looked at him in the past.

Am i the only one that doesnt want Martinez? He's not particularly impressed me. Granted he works on a small budget and his best players get nicked but his team looks absolutely f***ing s**** until the last few games of the season when they pull themselves out.

Yeah - I don't particularly want Martinez either.

Get Ginola in. He's French, speaks English, knows the league, knows the club and area and importantly the fans. That and he's a suave good looking mother fucker who would surely bring flair and charm to our play/team. Or maybe not. Quite frankly after the absolute dross we have endured for the majority of the time since the days of Sir Bobby, I'd be game for the outlandish.

Rafa to the Toon was doing the rounds at the weekend. He for me is still one of the best coaches in the game but he's not the most positive of managers. Mind, his main philosophy is possession football. Valencia were a joy to watch and Liverpool, although a tad boring, were very functional and efficient. Furthermore he more than most would be good for our chances of a trophy via a cup run.

He is a control freak and wouldn't be happy with having players recruited for the side by others and there is no way Ashley would appoint such a confrontational manager as Rafa. I'd be delighted with such an appointment though.

Martinez would be a fascinating choice, someone who could work, but this club man, it can be a bitch of a club to manage and I'd worry whether he would have the metal if you like to deal with the pressure. Wigan is easy street for him. NUFC, a few defeats and its a crisis.

Moyes? :lol: No chance. I wouldn't want Redknapp either.

Seriously, all things considered, I personally would go for Jol. He's a safe appointment in many ways and while I haven't been too impressed with his Fulham side, he is several levels above Pardew and his general philosophy is to get the ball down and for the better players to express themselves. Furthermore, he can work with having players recruited for the team without much input as that's how things happened at Spurs and I imagine in Holland too. I'm also sure Ashley looked at him in the past.

Jol seems to be a bit overrated to me. I mean his teams have never had that killer punch, imo.

Everyone knows about how his last full season at TH ended, but also at HSV; chocked quite badly, iirc.

I don't think his footballing style is that interesting anyway.