Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Mancini. He's hugely underrated in England. Winning the league with 89 points is a great achievement. He's conservative so he gets a bad rap but tactically he's very good - consistently schools Ferguson, for what it's worth - and his CV is exceptional.

He's on par with Rafa for me. Both excellent managers who are tactically good but conservative by nature and lacking in man management. Both are far better than other British manager out there, too.

Guest Craig-NUFC

VICENTE has blasted suspended Albion boss Gus Poyet as “the worst person I’ve come across in football”.

The departing Spanish star has branded Poyet “selfish” and “egocentric”.

And he has accused the Uruguayan of mocking his players in training.

Vicente, who played in the Champions League and La Liga for Valencia and was capped 38 times by Spain, told The Argus: “He is the worst person I’ve come across in football. “For example, he deceived me when he said I could go and then he didn’t let me. I was four months out injured and he wasn’t capable of coming up and asking how I was.

“For me he is a selfish person, very egocentric. I say that because it’s how I feel.

“I won’t talk badly about my team-mates, because they have been fantastic with me. What I think is unacceptable is that the manager makes fun of his players. I’ve seen things here that I have never seen in my career. If you miss with a shot in training, he makes fun. For me, that is unacceptable in football.”

Judging from comments from Brighton fans, they're really not a fan of Poyet and all this disruption has been a long time coming. Also sounds like a bit of Pards about him in that they're complaining about him being negative, unable to win from behind and naive with his tactics. 

What I think is unacceptable is that the manager makes fun of his players. I’ve seen things here that I have never seen in my career. If you miss with a shot in training, he makes fun. For me, that is unacceptable in football.”

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

I personally never understood the love for Poyet tbh.

His Brighton team is very one paced and struggle to break teams down when they are asked to take the initiative.

Well a fair few Newcastle fans would judge them on outplaying us twice. Looking at them closely, they do pass it around well tbf. Although i noted they haven't come from behind to win a game in nearly a year.

I personally never understood the love for Poyet tbh.

His Brighton team is very one paced and struggle to break teams down when they are asked to take the initiative.

Teams in the championship don't usually have an abundance of pace. Which makes it even more embarrassing that they managed to outwit and outplay us two years in succession.

This worried me a little today -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/david-beckham/10067665/David-Beckham-tipped-for-management-by-PSG-boss-Carlo-Ancelotti.html

I can imagine Mike Ashley's brain going into overdrive here, not only massive exposure for Newcastle United but also football's most marketable/popular man sitting on a Sports Direct seat, in a Sports Direct smothered stadium, photos from our Sports Direct covered training ground.

It would be easily spun as well, the man who has played in numerous leagues, under some of the best managers etc..

Could see it being Mike's wet dream.

We would (could) be the perfect project for him. Good base to build from and lots of potential. Please make it happen.  :undecided:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4933492/Rafa-Benitez-wants-another-Premier-League-job.html

(handheld device)

Mental eh? The blokes a proven winner, far better than the manager we have or could reasonably hope for should the current one get the boot. And he's basically saying come and get me. Yet in a few short months we'll still be lumping the ball and losing at home to cardiff.

We would (could) be the perfect project for him. Good base to build from and lots of potential. Please make it happen.  :undecided:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4933492/Rafa-Benitez-wants-another-Premier-League-job.html

(handheld device)

Mental eh? The blokes a proven winner, far better than the manager we have or could reasonably hope for should the current one get the boot. And he's basically saying come and get me. Yet in a few short months we'll still be lumping the ball and losing at home to cardiff.

Benitez interviewed for our job when - inexplicably - we appointed McLeish.

Lerner cut the interview short because Benitez made it clear he wasn't going to take any job which didn't come with a significant chunk of transfer money to spend. I suspect he'd still insist on that.

There's a similar chance of Benitez coming here as there is Mourinho.

Agree only because we will keep Pardew. He will without a doubt be interested. The squad here has so much potential, he would thrive on the passion of the area and support like Liverpool and he wants to stay and take a management project in England. There are few options that will be open to him if that is his true desire.

Benitez is close to realistic imo. Mourinho is not.