Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

France national team could use a bit of a hard working all-around player that can be a goal threat. The Euros they took a shocking number of midfielders and did fuck all. I'm talking with wayyyy too much bias mind.

Well I still disagree, Sibierski was absolute desperation stuff when we signed him.

and we weren't desperate when we signed gouffran ?

i know what you mean like but different circumstances. I just mean totally unheralded and wins people over with a work rate that they weren't known for.

Well not really. There was a week left in the transfer window and he had a near one in two goalscoring record for the season at that point. A 26 year old on a four year contract. Sibierski was 32, shite and signed with hours left on a one year deal. It was a joke. :lol:

I get your general point, but I still think you're overrating Sibierski and underrating Gouffran.

Well I still disagree, Sibierski was absolute desperation stuff when we signed him.

Yeah, I mean Gouffran was starting upfront for Bordeaux and banging in a goal every two games for them.

While we signed Sibierski off the street I believe. Wasn't he handing out leaflets in Manchester or something when he got the call from us?

Don't think I've ever been more disappointed with a signing than I was with Sibierski. :lol: I know we went down amidst circumstances the likes of which, hopefully, will never be seen again, but it really was the pits under Souness and Roeder n'all. Hated pretty much every second of it. Sibierski and Bernard on that particular deadline day. :lol: We might have even scored a few more goals that year if Roeder had any idea what he had in Rossi. N'Zogbia out in the cold too (in favour of Duff!) Guh.

Obviously, Le Sib went on to be a reasonable player for us, particularly when you consider the expectations. Just an all-round classy player and bloke, though extremely limited. Clearly fucking loved the Toon, n'all.

Well not really. There was a week left in the transfer window and he had a near one in two goalscoring record for the season at that point. A 26 year old on a four year contract. Sibierski was 32, s**** and signed with hours left on a one year deal. It was a joke. :lol:

I get your general point, but I still think you're overrating Sibierski and underrating Gouffran.

i'll settle for that

mutters "he's fucking hard work that dave like"

Just love this guy's attitude to the game and for someone who is performing the "willing work horse" role his goal scoring is very impressive.

Can we consider him as our goal threat from midfield or is he just a "lost forward". Whatever but long may it continue.

The french Kevin Gallacher/ Peter Lovenkrands only better.

Love his attitude. Not seen anyone play for the team as much as this guy does for a while now.

Dat composure to get out of the pickle in the corner  :smitten:

This is exactly the point I tried to make earlier.  He is far far better than a Gallagher or Lovenkrands.  Because he works so hard, people lump him in with limited hard working players.

The french Kevin Gallacher/ Peter Lovenkrands only better.

Love his attitude. Not seen anyone play for the team as much as this guy does for a while now.

Dat composure to get out of the pickle in the corner  :smitten:

This is exactly the point I tried to make earlier.  He is far far better than a Gallagher or Lovenkrands.  Because he works so hard, people lump him in with limited hard working players.

Only lumping him in with them because he was cheap as chips, as they were, and none were expected to shake the earth for us, but ended up making great positive contributions.

He's a grafter and I've got all the time in the world for grafters. Works hard, protects his full back, can do a bit on the ball, chips in with the odd goal here and there and doesn't whinge when he's not playing. A million quid? Fucking bargain, good on him. :)