Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Bellamy was a massive influence on the field with his mouth. Him being a mouthy cunt was a good thing.

It was and it wasn't, I think you're right in the sense that (unfortunately) teams benefit from having moaners on the pitch looking to influence the referee but there were certain times when he would get too wound up and it would affect his game.  Seemed to calm down a bit in his later years.  Loved him as a player.

Bellamy got sent off vs Inter didn't he when Matterazi (or possibly Cannavaro) wound him up, resulting in a 3 game ban?

Aye, it was Materazzi. Shearer elbowed Cannavaro in the same game and got a two game ban for that.

Bellamy got sent off vs Inter didn't he when Matterazi (or possibly Cannavaro) wound him up, resulting in a 3 game ban?

Yep, at a corner about 3 minutes into the game. Got dicked 4-1 as a result. :hmm:

Seem to remember Bellamy's 'raised hand' was totally innocuous. Just flapped his hand out as if to say "get away" and brushed the guy's stomach.

I thought he properly punched him in the stomach or maybe that was a different incident.

If I were a manager, i couldn't ask for more from than what he is giving. He looks quite an average player but he really is a "safe" (for want of a better word) outlet at alll times and chips in with a few goals. I couldn't ever blame him for not doing the defensive part of his game, really makes us much more robust...

Top pro, keep it going and don't drop him pards, he really is sustaining us...

(Could say exactly the same about Sissoko on the right wing)

If I were a manager, i couldn't ask for more from than what he is giving. He looks quite an average player but he really is a "safe" (for want of a better word) outlet at alll times and chips in with a few goals. I couldn't ever blame him for not doing the defensive part of his game, really makes us much more robust...

Top pro, keep it going and don't drop him pards, he really is sustaining us...

(Could say exactly the same about Sissoko on the right wing)

Aye, he makes a great contribution to the team in general and has been outstanding during the winning run.

Guest palnese

He's such a great team player, doing everything he's asked. You can clearly tell that he's no winger, but that work-rate really is priceless. Incredible upgrade on Jonas.

Undroppable atm.

Guest firetotheworks

I get the impression that he'll burn out after Christmas, but he's been brilliant up until now. The graft he puts in is always going to get him praise, but the way that he uses space, protects the ball and makes the opposition work is very good as well. Anything over 15 this season and he's done an excellent job. That should be his aim, but I think he'll fall just short of that. He's such an easy player to love.

3 in 12 (8 starts) in PL, plus one in the League Cup. 4 in 13, so if he continues his form and stay clear of injuries he could well get around 12, which would be excellent, considering how much he brings defensively as well.

Of course 4 in 15, i forgot to count the other two League Cup games  :blush:

Guest firetotheworks

Aim. He has 4 in 15, which works out over the course of the remaining 27+ games as about 9 goals, which would equal 13. 15 is a good number to AIM for.

He was a squad player, he's now a surefire starter. That is how you build squads buy players to improve your depth but have the ability to get into the first team and not people who are just there to make up the numbers.

Love the way he plays and hope he keeps it up.