Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

I know fuck all about him other than I've seen him play 3 times and he's impressed me twice. Get him in.

:lol: always funny to read the first few pages of a thread like this

I've probably said something similar in the heat of battle. But lord how our team has just declined. Makes it even worse when you see that pardew makes his shit work at CP whilst John 'Lickedyspit' Carver is experimenting like a drunk college girl on spring break.

The MOTD panel were all picking up on how we never have any more than one player in the box so no surprise we don't score goals. If he's going to play it should be up front, possibly alongside Perez. It's absolutely pointless putting him in midfield.

It's the riddle of Yoan Gouffran though, wherever you start him he always ends up in central midfield, despite being absolutely criminal at it.

Well that would be because we either start him in midfield or auxiliary left back. Now I realise he's probably a shit striker, but it might be worth a crack giving him that role and specifically instructing him to get in the penalty area.

With Gouffran, he was never a special players, just a useful forward with some good attributes, but it is hard for me to believe that running around in nonthreatening areas pretending to work hard is the best he has to offer in what should be the peak years of his career. He was a better player than Riviere, anyway. Maybe he simply is not a good footballer anymore.

Guest TruToon94

I would class Gouffran as the same as Siberski, never a first choice but alright for a back up up front who might snatch the occasional goal.

Thing is I'd say Gouffran is much worse, actually cost us money and is probably on a higher wage. Probably making it worse is that he's a guaranteed starter.

I would class Gouffran as the same as Siberski, never a first choice but alright for a back up up front who might snatch the occasional goal.

Thing is I'd say Gouffran is much worse, actually cost us money and is probably on a higher wage. Probably making it worse is that he's a guaranteed starter.

Criminally defamatory to Sibierski.

Personally I don't get the Gouffran hate.

He's a forward. A small, mobile, hard-working forward. He's being played massively out of position as a defensive winger or a central midfielder. People then complain that he's shit at it.

OF COURSE HE IS.

I'm not saying he's the same calibre, or even the same type of player. But can you imagine Craig Bellamy excelling at those roles? Or Aguero? Or Shane Long?

Maybe Gouffran is a good player, maybe he's a bad player. But one thing's for certain, it is utterly impossible to judge someone - anyone - when they're played so vastly and repeatedly out of position. All we're proving is that he's a shit midfielder. Or a shit defensive winger. Yeah, OK, Tim Krul's probably a shit forward, what's your point?

That said, I groan as loudly as anyone when Gouffran plays but only because he offers nothing in the positions in which he's picked. It's very hard to blame him for that though.

Personally I don't get the Gouffran hate.

He's a forward. A small, mobile, hard-working forward. He's being played massively out of position as a defensive winger or a central midfielder. People then complain that he's s*** at it.

OF COURSE HE IS.

I'm not saying he's the same calibre, or even the same type of player. But can you imagine Craig Bellamy excelling at those roles? Or Aguero? Or Shane Long?

Maybe Gouffran is a good player, maybe he's a bad player. But one thing's for certain, it is utterly impossible to judge someone - anyone - when they're played so vastly and repeatedly out of position. All we're proving is that he's a s*** midfielder. Or a s*** defensive winger. Yeah, OK, Tim Krul's probably a s*** forward, what's your point?

That said, I groan as loudly as anyone when Gouffran plays but only because he offers nothing in the positions in which he's picked. It's very hard to blame him for that though.

That's exactly why everyone complains. Except, add all of the above to the fact he doesn't even try to disguise the fact he has given up.

To be honest I always thought he was bang average, but he really has to be one of the biggest wastes of a shirt. Just seems to play with a black hole of shit around him, everyone in a Newcastle shirt who passes or ever gets near to him does something wank. Awful awful player. So many need to be shipped out and he'd be the first on my list. Whether he's been badly coached or what, just absolutely hate him at the club.

What did Pardew, and now Carver, see in this bloke? He's complete and utter dogturd and should be nowhere near a Premier League starting 11. Was he playing in centre midfield today? :lol: