Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

There are loads of wingers in the Championship with much more about them who'd cost next to nothing, like. We obviously just don't want to pay.

Aye, this. If we're just looking for a squad filler who can come in and do a job now and again there's better options than a 30 year old Gouff knocking around.  We might have to buy a fax machine and a pen, though, could be tricky.

Might sound a little bit dramatic but I think offering this clown a new contract is a bit of an indication of how ambition-less we're going to be on transfers this season, even just having him as an "option" from the bench is soul destroying IMO.

100%

Was a very worrying sign the moment it was announced we were trying to keep him.

Might sound a little bit dramatic but I think offering this clown a new contract is a bit of an indication of how ambition-less we're going to be on transfers this season, even just having him as an "option" from the bench is soul destroying IMO.

:thup:

Yes, it was a sign we should all have been worried about what was about to transpire. Why we want to throw away this opportunity to move forward with a world class manager is beyond me.

Yes, it was a sign we should all have been worried about what was about to transpire. Why we want to throw away this opportunity to move forward with a world class manager is beyond me.

17th every year will always be the target.

We were winning games and he was running about, and at the start of the season scoring a few good goals. Those are always effective ingredients to get the mongs onside.

Those mongs and their love for winning games and good goals.

Gouffran's a decent lad like. Hopefully isn't here next season but will wish him the best.

Should have been told to fuck off the minute he didn't immediately sign whatever shite we put infront of him. Was bad enough offering him a deal in the first instance.

Should have been told to f*** off the minute he didn't immediately sign whatever s**** we put infront of him. Was bad enough offering him a deal in the first instance.

Agreed. As if any other club on the planet would offer him over 3 years what we have offered him for one.

Must mean they're confident of the Murphy signing now they're closer to pushing him out the door.

Get rid of Darlow next and bring in a decent keeper pls.

Yep, must mean a signing is close. No more Dummet and Gouff left side, I don't know how to handle this prospect.