Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

It was ment as a compliment to him :lol:

Obertan is quicker, has a better first touch, better passing, better dribbler when he is turned on. Most often though he just doesn´t know how and when to use what - as Gouffran clearly does although Obertan is capable of doing everything Gouffran can better. IMO.

This still comes up, I thought it had been dispelled a good year ago? The whole 'Obertan has lots of talent but doesn't have the intelligence to utilise it' thing.

Obertan really isn't very talented. His touch is average and his 'dribbling' is just kicking and chasing after the ball. The the fact he's got no tactical discipline, shys away from challenges and has very little intelligence when in possession is just an extension of his limitations - not the factor that holds back all his locked potential.

Would probably do alright for a Championship side as he proved against poorer opposition in the Europa League, but that's about his level in all attributes.

I only saw the first half but I thought he was top notch, tidy and effective. That spin on the left followed by the cross was quality. Looking forward to seeing more of this guy.

That cross was with his left foot too i.e. his weaker one.

Tasty.

Obertan is quicker, has a better first touch, better passing, better dribbler when he is turned on. Most often though he just doesn´t know how and when to use what - as Gouffran clearly does although Obertan is capable of doing everything Gouffran can better. IMO.

In the first half, I thought both Gouffran's and Sissoko's quick one touch passing was something we've missed for a long time. Whether he'll get the goals needed still remains to be seen, but both players are going to contribute positively in terms of developing the pass and move football required.

This still comes up, I thought it had been dispelled a good year ago? The whole 'Obertan has lots of talent but doesn't have the intelligence to utilise it' thing.

Obertan really isn't very talented. His touch is average and his 'dribbling' is just kicking and chasing after the ball. The the fact he's got no tactical discipline, shys away from challenges and has very little intelligence when in possession is just an extension of his limitations - not the factor that holds back all his locked potential.

Would probably do alright for a Championship side as he proved against poorer opposition in the Europa League, but that's about his level in all attributes.

Not sure if I imagined this happening, but I am sure there was an interview with HBA where he was asked who the most skilful player was at NUFC and he said Obertan.  Could have been HBA's cheeky sense of humour I suppose.

In the first half, I thought both Gouffran's and Sissoko's quick one touch passing was something we've missed for a long time. Whether he'll get the goals needed still remains to be seen, but both players are going to contribute positively in terms of developing the pass and move football required.

Agreed. Gouffran is obviously an overall better player individually and collectively. Still think Obertans highest Level when everything clicks (which is very very rare) is higher than that of Gouffran.

Anyway, I can understand why people would disagree.

Guest VanBarduck

You don't know nothing , sorry .

Guest alijmitchell

It continually astounds me that we all watch the same players and some people can still see things in them that are so far removed from reality. Obertan is not a good passer of the ball.

Don't get why players need to constantly compared, just accept them for what they are. Thought this lad did alright last night, nowt flash but can do the simple stuff which is a platform to build off.

Guest VanBarduck

There's no comparison whatsoever between Gouffran and Obertan , Obertan prooved nothing in 2 years worth continuing with him , the skills attributes everyone is desperate to think he has , i've never seen them . In futsal there are extremely gifted/skillfull/pacey players , then why do they not play 11vs11 football , cause they do not have the movement/intelligence/physical qualities . For me Obertan will remain that futsal players who have lost himself on a football pitch !

Obertan would have been perfect to bring on last night, would have relieved some pressure and pinned them back a bit. Yes he doesn't do much with it but don't underestimate how frightened defenders get when pace is put on them, especially in the last 20 when they are tired.

Better than hoofing it 60-70 yards to Shola that's for sure.